Athanor should be a baseline system

Hi Fatshark,

• Allow usage of Athanor to all level 30 characters

• Allow people to have more freedom in min maxing, the current re-roll system is horrendous.

• Let people who are leveling use the current reroll system if they want.

• The items used in re-rolling should be used in Athanor, both for crafting, upgrading and and Min maxing

• Remove Essences, let WOM be just another game mode with gear chests and materials, quicker finish better rewards and so on.

• No need to bring in so many currencies into the game as it just adds to cognitive load and leads to bad UX.

• Please bring this change, let people have fun playing the game.

• Stop restricting people from having fun.

Playing Vermintide 2 is like going to the ground for Football but security guard says, “bro the ground is closed, unless you played football in your room for 60000 hrs and has received 1000000 goals”.
People play this game for fun, chill and relaxing, so design with these aspects in mind, stop making everything a chore. Investor meetings might need to show consecutive footfall and retention rate, but people in investors room don’t play videogames, nor want to have any fun in life, unless it’s a yatch.

Thanks

16 Likes

TRUE! On my own I must say more, I play to contemplate :warhammer:arhammer. I want to see exactly Warhammer, and not nasty procetics and numbers.

1 Like

Crafting rework is in the works (or was…), along with a “special” way of obtaining weave skins.

2 Likes

I would barf if i need to do again x levels for every weapons

1 Like

Did we hear anything about it ever again?

1 Like

nope

I would love this. The athanor system is so much more user and time friendly.

Plottwist: Athanor will become baseline system if the total review score of WoM is above 80 %.

So Star citizen is finished before? Cool _:smiley:

I think that those news that they would introduce item rework were released around the time the game was released. I think it’s been abandoned for years…
I agree the way crafting and, what’s more important, stat rerolling works now is detrimental to the game. I’m forced to have 1 loadout for all careers and 1 set of trinkets for all careers, cause the breakpoints are so convoluted it makes me nauseous.

Yeah this is what we wanted back in the WoM beta, many were hugely disappointed it didn’t become the baseline system.

That and there should be a way to unlock the weave skins for use in quickplay. Chaos Wastes expeditions should also have a rare chance to award unique Chaos Wastes only skins (so far only the Forgotten Relic DLC weapons seem to have some, else I’m using the DLC weapons too much atm to see any others)

It’d add a lot of incentive for people to play these modes well into the future.

FS could even be lazy and offer simple glow recolours for existing red tier skins (e.g. green, gold, dark blue, orange, white) from weaves and the wastes, I’d be okay with that as long as there are some genuinely unique reds thrown into the mix in the wastes.