Playing as Psyker causing game to crash

Issue Type (Required):

Other

Issue Description (Required):

Using Smite with Psyker causing game to crash. This has been happening since latest update. I’m using same Psyker build I’ve been using for weeks without any issue until last update.

It’s hard to pinpoint exact cause but when playing as a Psyker the game tends to crash when using Smite, typically when there’s lots of enemies on screen or I am chaining Smite through a large crowd, and Peril levels are high, and/or when using in combination with Psykinetic Wrath.

It’s crashing on me on Xbox Series X, but have heard from one PC player saying they are also experiencing such issues. I created a Reddit thread where other people expressed they have been having similar issues:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/1blxofs/game_keeps_crashing_when_playing_as_psyker/

Probably 1 out of every 2 missions I attempt to play crash mid-mission. The game image will pause, there’ll be a few seconds of audio looping before exiting to the Xbox home screen.

The game is stable if I play as any other class, just not my Psyker character with Smite and/or Psykeinetic Wrath. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled in hopes to remedy it with no success.

This typically happens in missions with large enemy numbers, such has Heretic difficulties or Malice difficulty missions with difficulty enhancers (hi-intensity, shock troopers, maelstrom, etc).

Game plays fine if I play as another class (Ogryn, Veteran, Zealot).

I caught the bug happening while Twitch streaming, not the best example of conditions of when it decides to crash but I stopped Twitch streaming while playing just in case it was the cause but it still crashes. This is unlisted video but provided a link here (skip toward end):

Steps to Reproduce (Required):

1. Play any mission designed for higher enemy engagements (Malice or higher) with difficulty enhancement conditions (hi intensity, shock troop, hunting grounds, etc), or Maelstrom designed to produce lots of enemies

2. Play as a Psyker with Smite and Psykinetic Wrath (I will link my gamer ID to better help re-create my character build) and possibly if it can identify matches I started I crashed out of

3. It crashes on me about about 1 out of every 2 times playing as Psyker, so if it fails to recreate issue first time, play another mission without reseting game/console and it should happen

4. Crashes typically happen when Peril is high but not always, and typically when lots of enemies are spawning into the fight and surrounding me, on a few occasions it seems to happen while activating Psykinetic Wrath while Smite is active at same time.

Reproduction Rate (Required):

Common (<50%)

Platform (Required):

Xbox

Player ID (Optional):

Yu Silly Goose (Xbox Network)

2 Likes

Had it happen to me with the same things.
My only work around is to just have to be mindful of when I use Psykinetic Wrath, I stop using smite and give it a second, sometimes even switch to a weapon just to be safe.
Can never get it to trigger in the training room either.

I also tried to see if I could make this happen in the Psykhanium / Meat Grinder with no success. But happens half the time on missions, hopefully it’s easy for rhe devs to recreate the problem and see what’s going on.

Oh screw it, now the game crashes when playing as other classes too. This game is too broken to bother and not even a “hey, we’re sorry, we’ll try and fix it”. Complaints fall on deaf ears.

1 Like

Have the exakt same issue. Smite + Wrath.
It can crash 1-3 times on the same level, even.

Well they slapped the usual “acknowledged” onto the thread. Issue filed and stored. Job well done.

And with that it can take anywhere between a few weeks to an eternity as seen with other issues that haven’t been fixed since release, despite dozens of threads. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Played it last couple days with Psyker and didn’t have any issues. So glad I’m able to play normally again knock on wood

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.