You just lost me as a customer with this patch, Fatshark

Bruh, you even playing? I’ve gotten 3 cosmetic and 3 yet today, pretty clearly the rates have been bumped and a lot more people are getting stuff.

But really, have you been playing?! Okri’s Challenges is awesome. Dailies and events are awesome, and challenges have lots of satisfyingly challenging things, and some grindy things, and you can get some pretty baller cosmetics from it too.

The event reward today is a cool frame (cosmetic), so clearly we’re going to see items (not chests) as rewards there.

Reds in V1 weren’t really a sign of skill either, any scrub could use bounty board keys and get carried nose-diving their way through nightmare games to get them. Skill would help you get things faster, obviously, but people without skill could still get them. Hell in V2 if some noob in recruit gets reds, either they’ll
a) continue to only play in recruit/veteran where you won’t see them
b) stop playing because they’re a casual, you won’t see them
c) git gud and be skilled and then they’ll be a skilled player with a red, who fking cares?

At the end of the day skill is what sets skilled players apart, I don’t give a s*** what weapons people have I see people with reds chasing circles and getting killed constantly, I see people with basic everything kicking ass and carrying like pros.

ya entitled

1 Like

I was so happy to see the improvements made today. More goodies to do. I got my 2nd red in all the new reward boxes. I also completed legend twice – my first time ever; got a couple good teams in pub. Great day, great game.

Optimization is happening. Today was one step. I can’t believe how reactive some players are. Have fun.

1 Like

This content is mostly about cosmetics. Only other changes besides that is dust to dust conversion at 1:1 ratio and increased red drops, no one knows how much though.

On the other hand with each patch more and more things break. So now we have even more ghost hits despite 1.0.8 and even worse gameplay problems as well as multiple performance or crash reports.

Overall I wouldn’t say that’s a bandaid - they’re moving in right direction, just too slow. And their code seems to be complete spaghetti, so things fall apart constantly, and they have to waste time on fixing them, which doesn’t help in developing the game at all.

2 Likes

Red items never equalled skill when they could drop from champion.

It’s the nature of pure randomness. Even with current rates you can open 500 commendation chests and still get ZERO cosmetic items. And the chance is pretty real, it’s not some hypothetical possibility.

But you still keep getting random!!! loot from them with no guarantee to get anything of value whatsoever unlike VT1 where you could get exactly what you needed with exception to 100 games skin challenges of course. But 100 games for 1 hat… isn’t that a little too much?

3 Likes

I couldn’t have said it better, this is exactly how I feel about the game, gg FS, gg

I don’t generally agree with most things said and I won’t get into the why or what of it very much, but your opinion is respected and I will say, if I’ve understood correctly, that I understand why you think red weaponry has way less meaning than ever. Didn’t think about that people having their first game could just get a red on the get-go after playing Recruit, which does take away a lot of the [cue internal giggling/cringing] sense of pride and accomplishment in obtaining a red item for us vets.

At the same time, I agree on that red items were also locked behind idiotic rng values - meaning the evaluation of aforementioned skill and effort becomes more cloudy to judge.
(I’ve 400 hours with my 1 red weapon, 4 charms and 1 necklace, but I see people with way less hours that has much more weapons to ‘show off’ than I do. Hats as well.)

That being acknowledged, I will end with that me and my old classfriends thoroughly enjoy this new update and (they being the ones who dropped out for a while) we agree on that the game is slowly but assuringly getting where it’s supposed to be. Perhaps this is is taking the content update with a day 1 facevalue and going all WOW LOOK HATS!!! but it’s a great first impression and I am very sure it will last. If not, I’ll be eager to see the DLC freshen our QP sessions up. Vermintide 2 still needs that time in the oven but the recipe, its fundamental design was always amazing to start with. Peace.

Wow, most would call what you hate a quality improvement. You just showed what I have always implied… many of the forum dwellers don’t care about the game overall, ONLY FEELING SPECIAL. How sad for both you and others like you. Your need to feel superior should be ignored for the sake of the game, the devs, and this community. My comments by the way are purely based on my sheer disdain for any opinion that quality gear should be held only by a very small group so they can feel superior to others. For goodness sake its a coop game… do we wonder why so many have a toxic experience?

I finally reinstalled last night to test this out. I like what I see so far (have not tested combat feel much yet).

1 Like

As someone who opened up 115+ comm chests and got no red weapons or hats, I can still say I love this game and give mad props to the devs for working hard to improve it. It’s incredibly rare nowadays to have devs willing to own up to their mistakes and work hard to massively improve the game after every patch. This update was amazing and breathed so much life back into the game. So don’t say ‘everyone’s disappointed’ just because other people might get reds (Something that doesn’t affect you at all). Red Weapons were always just RNG, they don’t show your skill at all. But if you noticed, they actually DID add things this patch that show skill-borders and skins for completing milestones for your characters.

2 Likes

Oh boy oh boy is this going to be a rather abrasive counter retort. But I feel compelled to throw the reality of how things actually ended up being in regards to chests

Not as if it ever was when they dropped red drop rates to be possible on a larger number of chests in Champion. What’s more, everybody in Legend would play with a red weapon regardless of what it was or how good they were with it. It was a random drop to get a random slot. You could be any levels of bad and get carried by a 3 stack premade, get your red, and now there’s your “identification” that you’re skilled.

Only 3? How? I know droprates are a bit jacked up in terms of expectations but… Well I mean just look at it.

Two dual axes, a great axe, a great hammer, and 3 1h hammers, an axe and shield. I have 2 crossbows, a drakegun, a handgun. I have 6 charms I have 3 trinkets. (and 0 :joy: necklaces) Most of the members of my group with similar hours have similar turnouts. One guy at 400 hours has 4 Saltzpyre 2H swords! What a joke! And this is before the patch yesterday which gave me my 2H hammer in a generals vault.

Frankly I think a player who has his “every legend map clear” special skin finished as of yesterday is of a higher skill level than somebody using a red bow or rapier. That somebody with a character specific border at least isn’t a FotM reroller. And that the highest indication of “how good you are” is how good you perform once the match starts.

1 Like

Then quit, and save us the agony of reading any of your future posts.

4 Likes