Wouldn't FS benefit a lot from a closed or open beta?

A closed beta would be very beneficial I think. It would calm a lot of the fan base that wants to know more about the game and at the same time it would let FS collect a lot of information, from gameplay feedback to frame rate and optimization issues. I really see no downsize to it.
The only thing that I cant think of that wouldnt let them do it is a contract problem with either Microsoft (I think they are working together to bring the game in pc and xbox at the same time) or Games Workshop.

1 Like

They laready Announced thatb we will have Beta since Day 1 ^^

From the FaQ on discord

Q: Beta, alpha, when??
A: Whoa there, we’re still early days, in a pre-alpha state. We’ll be sure to kick your doors down when tests open up!

5 Likes

Ohhh I dont usually visit discord servers. Nice, thank you!!

1 Like

looks like the sign-up is closed now or its been removed from the main site. Hopefully it comes back soon so we can get to pox poppin.

1 Like

There will likely be both

1 Like

One of the biggest benefits of a ‘closed beta’ is, you have the ability to control your work load based on how many users you allow and what types of users you allow.

You need an army of ‘objective’ users to back you up against the ‘subjective’ users because the ladder group’s main purpose in life is to troll the web looking for an app to trash and create a lot of sensational anti-hype over; all in the name of attracting more traffic to their blog.

Did you just agree with yourself ? Or did I miss something

Yeah, he added most likely a phishing link or just a spam link in to his quote

He should change his password

2 Likes

i do have to state though, VT2 beta was great before game launch FS followed a lot of feedback and balance changes, since then? not so much WOM beta feedback was basically ignored for a large part and balance issued took months to be fixed.

I hope FS have learned from how the community was upset with the past Beta periods and will double down efforts to listen to players in Darktides Beta prior to release and not make it a glorified demo like so many others do.

3 Likes

Agreed. I was very disappointed when my and a mate took part in the Winds of Magic beta. We shared our feedback, so did lots of other people, and in a lot of cases there were some extremely cut and dry issues. But no, WoM came out with barely any changes, the issues were extremely apparently, and the DLC is general was received very badly. Ironically, me and my mate quit soon after.

1 Like