Winds of Magic - Patch 2.0 - Patch Notes

I haven’t really played in depth but I will for a bit tonight and tomorrow morning.

Hopefully I’m not disappointed.

But I have a sinking feeling that I might be.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what they did. Because if Fatshark can find a way to upset everyone, they sure as hell will upset everyone. They haven’t listened at all, Sadly. Last years best game (without a doubt imo) is being ruined by developers that refuse to listen to the community. They think they know better, but I think it’s clear they don’t.
Maybe im just old and grumpy. But it’s pretty upsetting when you all of a sudden can’t play the game you’ve enjoyed for 600 hours becasue the developers think its a good idea to change the core game design after a year of having it one way.

Best thing I can say about the DLC is I haven’t had any game breaking bugs yet, or server errors or crashes. Which is a first I think. But good on them for fixing that stuff this time around. I kinda like the beastmen too. They seem a bit glitchy and buggy, especially the bestigors, but overall I think they are pretty cool.

2 Likes

Temp health on hits is now useless. Ladies and Gentlemen, we got him!

4 Likes

But also stagger bonus from 50 to 35%

1 Like

I might just be a little thick, but I’m not quite understanding something about how stagger damage and stagger animation relate, if they do at all. According to this description, an enemy will be at Stagger Level 2 when they are:

• Hit by the second consecutive attack before recovering.
  • Hit by a heavy tank attack
  • Pushed

(This is not taking into account the talents that modify the stagger mechanic)

That seems straightforward, but I’m thrown off by the description of the stagger animations. There are three stagger animations, but it seems like there is no 1:1 relationship between animation and stagger damage. i.e., hitting a clan rat with a sword and pushing that rat will both produce a medium stagger, but the sword only applies the first level of stagger bonus while the push immediately takes the rat to stagger 2.

Is there any way to determine an enemy’s stagger damage bonus visually?

2 Likes

What should they have done?

1: New maps, atleast 4 with a beastmen boss at the end.
2: Rework the deeds system.
3: Rework the crafting and rerolling stats on items so that we actually have any use for all the thousands of materials that we’ve gathered.
4: Make weapons who people didn’t use more attractive, for instance having stagger bonus damage on the slower 2 handed weapons and shields.
5: Versus mode, why? Because people have asked for it since the start.
6: Dedicated servers.
7: A new difficulty for the players who breeze through legend.

What did we get?
1 map.
Talents and gameplay changes that the overwhelming majority didn’t like.
Weaves…
A new difficulty…

Well one out of seven is something.

5 Likes

and invulnerablility from 5s to 3s

3 Likes

Based on the previous betas: No they don’t, the animation and the damage mechanic have zero connection apart from telling you they’re at least at level 1. Basically, you get the 20% boost if they’re hit by any form of CC once, and 40% if they get hit by another CC attack before they go out of being CCed.

The exception (which is new) as I understand it, is that pushes and heavy tank attacks (tank is a modifier like linesman and heavy linesman, the armory mod tells you which modifier an attack has (once it gets updated)) which put them at level 2 right away, but I imagine with pushes you won’t be able to tell from the animation either. I imagine shield bashes will also be in the auto-level 2 camp, but I can’t verify this atm.

Don’t worry, none of us understood it either at first during the betas, the disconnect between animation and level is not intuitive.

3 Likes

Just. Forget. About. Dedicated. Servers. It. Will. Never. Happen.

5 Likes

What a stupidly disrespectful grind the Athanor system is:

1. pitiful rewards for repeating a weave
  2. pitiful rewards for progress made and failing a weave

So, a massive grind wall when you hit a weave you can’t complete, which happens almost immediately.

GG fatshark, this is the best you could do after a year. Absolute BLOODY joke.

11 Likes

All feedback… from beta#1, internal and beta#2 were pointless…

12 Likes

You’re not thick, this has been an issue in every beta; it’s a system that sounds good on paper, but the implementation is confusing as hell. It’s been one of the many, many, many overwhelming criticisms of the system from all the betas and the internal.

4 Likes

Honestly, not even sure I want to spend the 26 hours downloading this update on my crap internet, let alone buy the DLC. I’ll probably chill out later and do it, but atm, I’m just full of disappointment. Probably going to go check out some videos of Dark Omens to see if the map looks any good.

1 Like

Don’t hold your breath. Playing the new map on Legend is unbearable without a premade right now. Everyone gets steamrolled. It’s ****ing pathetic. I’ve been doing Quickplay all night and I have yet to beat it even once on Legend.

1 Like

Why the hell did the remove the essence rewarded from regular qp off the last beta? The was a brilliant solution to the WoM grind

5 Likes

THP on Cleave is officially dead on Dual Axes. I haven’t tried other low cleave weapons yet, but you can not survive on it on Slayer unless you’re bringing Dual Hammmers or Pickaxe.

2 Likes

THP on cleave seems to be broken. Using HM with glaive and 15% attack speed, hardly any THP generation.

As for Legend. Oh boy is it harder. Cleared 1 mission so far tonight, no tomes or grims. The difficulty has gone through the roof.

2 Likes

Are you just doing Quickplay? Or what?

I played quite a bit tonight and even just trying to do the original Lord Boss levels is just downright painful. People dropping like flies left and right.

Don’t even get me started on the Beastmen. Fatshark didn’t listen to ANYTHING that ANYONE said about them in the final beta test earlier this summer.

Edit: aside from the buggy slot system that is. They seem to actually obey it most of the time for me. Their running attacks are still BS though.

7 Likes

QP and premades. Gonna give it some more time tomorrow. But right now I’m getting destroyed. Taking so much damage which I don’t seem to be able to avoid. Even tried the 90% BCR HM, but I’m taking hits that I can not see. Like the spear boys hiding behind the bigger beastmen. It’s bloody brutal…

Most of me mates gave up and went to recruit to unlock their weapons and get their 5 levels. And even on recruit I’m taking Beastmen hits XD gonna have to scroll up and read those dodge notes again.

1 Like

It is time to git gut again.
As for me, playing legend w/o new tier talents is kinda bs tho from FS.
Beta teached me to kill specials while using invulnerability on FK.
Now, if i wish to shoot some specials i have to turn 180*, run all away from fronline (fok those bloody teammates) and shoot from there, cause new dodge windows gives you no chance you can shoot from dodge opening.

Also noticed getting hit from second row of enemies. Not even beastmen. Probably have to do something with maradeurs being more resistant to stagger