Will the game be playable after pre-purchase if region is now unavailable?

Exactly my point, while mass media tends to idle minds and their desire for drama, EU countries increased oil imports from Russia by 23% and Ukraine by about 10%. Because capitalism is not a media agenda.

However, virtue signalling and collective punishment are. And that’s ok, noone really expects anything more from the ‘civilized’ West, because it would be silly given the body of world history really.

All I want (and I think the OP does as well if I’m not misunderstanding) is a bit of clarity and consistency in what certain (not abstract) publishers, IP owners, and game developers do as opposed to what they say.

Just refund it and ban then simple as. If its really that much of an issue.

I guess this route violates EULA or something.

Apparently EULAs were written with a silly notion that all customers are equal.

1 Like

So much for not playing a media parrot in this thread.

2 Likes

Everything about this reply is beautiful.

1 Like

Should this even make any sense or do you just want to make this thread about you, derail it and get it closed without any real answers to the real questions?

1 Like

Wait, so you do have access to military intelligence from the sofa? Sorry, my bad.

Anyway, I’d rather wait for the devs to actually chime in with their statements that ‘can change’ because the last one was a while ago.

1 Like

Dude, you don’t really understand what this thread is about do you?

Guys, calm down, lets talk about games and culture, not wars.

During wars - truth is the first casualty, don’t expect any nation’s news outlet to tell truth or the full picture. If nato or EU applied sanctions to Russia and give weapons to its enemy, then they’re involved party in the war on one distinct side.

So please dont get stuck on details regarding the military actions.

Is it the right thing to prevent sales in Russia - thats the real question. As well as why.

1 Like

I take issue with this not because its unlawful or not legal (to restrict). They’re private company doing as they please.

Other than this not being financially reasonable, its wrong on cultural and moral ground.

Games bring people closer, bridge the gap between nations & countries. I’ve learned english because of games, this gave me a perspective on the world i wouldn’t be able to get, that the common folk in other countries are just like us, and a lot of pleasant and smart people are there.

Games are culture, and if you represent western civilization as a publisher, you’d want more people to get acquainted to that culture.

1 Like

Its also the other way around: some 40k lore is inspired by russian culture & history. We’ve even got an ogryn VA in Darktide, that sounds like a caricature russian dude (surely i’m not the only one hearing some TF2 heavy vibes there).

1 Like

I disagree, it is not. At least not to me. It is also kinda off-topic. What I wanted is a clear answer by actual people making decisions about this company’s business that does not contradict a) GW’s prior statements, and b) Actual state of sales/restrictions that are currently implemented.

2 Likes

Is any of that relevant to the topic of this thread?

Ah, well, this thread ends now. All a bit much.

We can’t speak to any other title or where they’re sold.

This isn’t the place for politics, though. There’s plenty of spaces online to discuss world events.

Cheers.

3 Likes