Will Talents See Further Changes?

I will never get why they just redid almost ALL the talents, but then still left in dull, uninspired ones like “+x% crit”.

7 Likes

Haha, I still remember most of us that were there for those threads.

We were so innocent back then.

4 Likes

I’m hoping there’s more to come! That’s why I asked here; maybe we’ll see a response.

1 Like

Personally, I’m a bit irritated by the lvl 30 Talent choices on BH.
All distinct choices, yes, but the one option I preferred before is not there anymore.
I mostly reserved it as a clutch tool (though I rarely played BH), so having a mixed load to be ready for anything was great - but it also helps that it’s actually recharging while I may be running away.
Which means I pick no Talent now. Which is ok, really, but I hope I never click on it, as I wouldn’t be able to un-select it anymore.

10 Likes

Nevermind that Just Reward is clearly buggy in how it works with potions and is overall just poorly designed.

Oh sorry, it’s not buggy, it’s “working as intended”. I think they just missed the sentences “Concentration potions now charge less ult and are functionally useless if you use them when the charge is near full. Concoction no longer recharges ult when drinking a speed or strength potion. Decanter is now useless for concentration potions.” as part of the talent description.

On top of that, it’s poorly designed because Bounty Hunter is a special/elite killer by nature, and the talent gives him the same ult for killing 10 slave rats as killing 10 Chaos Warriors. It’s encouraging him to not fulfill his role in order to speed up his ult recharge. Damn I hate that talent.

It’s my favorite talent to make fun of in this update, along with half of the Slayer talent tree. A good amount of the talent changes are pretty bad, but damn, I hate the changes in the Slayer tree and the ult talents for Bounty Hunter.

3 Likes

Wow, I didn’t catch how rough this one was. You’re forced to make the career skill less versatile or give up your skill recharge. This appears to be the only career in the game which doesn’t offer some sort of buff with no downsides at the career skill tier.

3 Likes

My suggestion for the talent, since it was replacing a boring, but useful, talent like cooldown reduction was something along the lines of:

Just Reward - Blessed Shots that deal damage to an enemy reduce the cooldown of Locked and Loaded by 10%. This effect can only occur once every 10 seconds.

The talent needs to not mess with the damage profile of the shot and still allow it to recharge normally. It needs to be the “safe pick” if you don’t want Double-Shotted or Buckshot. Kinda like how you want to go for a headshot with Double-Shotted, the talent would encourage for you to wait for Blessed Shots to be off cooldown so your ult would instantly get 10% cooldown back (and the bonus damage). It’d basically be a cooldown reduction talent if you’re using Blessed Shots consistently.

People seemed to agree the talent sucked in the original thread while liking my idea, though I don’t have access to say for sure, since it was on the beta forum. :S

4 Likes

Yeah, every option in the current iteration of this tier makes the player give up something. Seems pretty out of line with the rest of talent design.

4 Likes

I was just beginning to enjoy the ol’ Axe Falchion shooty BH, now I shoot less

Really liking the Spear Huntsman though, becomes a beast

I just realized the new double shot talent is (I assume) bugged and returns 40% cooldown for each shot instead of just 40%… so you can basically spam career skill throughout the map and fire it like an automatic weapon with a purple pot. So that’s a thing. Kills bosses faster than pre-balance Shade.

5 Likes

But then you will forever be stuck with having selected a talent.

Just want waystalker to have ammo regen back.

2 Likes

She definitely needs something more consistent than the 30% ammo on career skill kill.

1 Like

Unchained’s ult’s temporal health and no friendly fire is great.

Kruber mercenary revive shout is the best ever

Why the heck does Shade have 2 mouvment speed talent on the same tree, +20%MS if you crit and +10%MS as base mouvment speed increase ??? I know they want to promote a choice between 2 kind of mouvment speed talent but to me it looks unexciting and more like a place holder. Ranger veteran has also the same issue.

Also why are some talent so BAD, i wanted to do a full bleed HM build so i took the bleed talent and the dodge trough mobs talent. I tried it in modded relam and realized the bleed total damage is equal to 9. WTF??? Is this only intended for recruit or what ???

1 Like

Is the WHC CDR talent still bugged too? In the previous betas it’d return 40% CD per 10 enemies hit, instead of 40% total.

And worse, we criticized exactly those things in the previous betas and yet here we are. On the overabundance of MS talents specifically I remember that, while there are people who like MS talents, the majority definitely did not, and at the very least the vast majority thought there were too many (based on the polling). Having two in one tier was especially unpopular. That at least shouldn’t happen (I’m fine with them keeping the odd one in a tier here and there for people who like them to take, but not two in one tier).

Also FS please for the love of Sigmar put the level 35 talents back on level 30, I don’t know which Tzeentchian puppet convinced you to do this but I can’t think of anything positive this has brought

Edit: They did it! Yes!!!

4 Likes

Yeah, BH choices are horrible. I have always used the encore talent because I loved the versatility of the ult. Now the best choice of lvl 30 talent is to not choose at all. Double shotted is only useful vs bosses, because CW dies anyway. I mean, meyybe not on Cata, but seriously, legend is where 95% of players will stay anyway.

1 Like

Progress!

1 Like

Fixed as of the latest patch! There’s now a talent that simply gives you 15% cooldown on ranged crit (once per 10 seconds) without modifying the skill.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.