What would it take for you flip your "Not Recommended" rating?

I’m feeling this way too. I’m tired of caring about this game and wanting it to be better than it is. I should probably just look for a different game to latch on to and forget about DT for the time being…

5 Likes

Actually a genius strategy to delay something without saying its delayed

3 Likes

I didn’t wrote review, cause i can’t write positive one, and its abolutely pointles to write neutral.

But today i am really thinkin to write a negative one.

2 Likes

It’s really the only power we have after we pass the refund window. Reviews and playtime… as well as spreading the word.

6 Likes

Digression, love Legacy of Kain series. Great material and lines. If ever something needed a TV series adaptation to be picked up, it’s this.

Objection, Please… at this day 'n age “standards” ? Rather NOT !

2 Likes

This.

They had their chance and blew it. Gotta love Kain.

1 Like

“He turned the tide”

6 Likes

I updated my negative review to refresh its position in the review list on steam, and so that anyone taking a peek when the update drops will know what they’re in for.

1 Like

Look A KAT

FS dose not makeing games, they are breeding KATS

6 Likes

A lot, to be honest. Sadly most of it are things that they’re not willing to compromise on. I also have a fair amount of gripe with the basic systems they’ve built the game around.

1. I don’t like the talent tree. In principle alone, it is boring and doesn’t allow for much variety. In execution, it’s even more disappointing. Picking some talents locks you into a narrow playstyle instead of expanding your options. Some talents should be part of the basic kit, some talents are must-haves while others barely impact the gameplay. If and when they work as intended, of course…

2. I don’t like the equipment system. The whole perks and blessings muck can go down the drain in my opinion. Boring ass minor statboosts… No fun mechanics to be unlocked and without an overclocking mechanic (DRG) which could make them meaningful, i just don’t care for it.

3. Crafting. Everything has been said about this topic already, you know what’s wrong with it.

4. Lack of content. too few maps, too few weapons (THAT ARE MEANINGFULLY DIFFERENT, MAYSON), too few classes, too few modifiers, too few talents, too few perks&blessings.

4.1 Lack of variety. Maps looking very similar to each other, objectives are often unimaginative and recycled, bosses are uninteresting slugfests, etc… It all just gets boring very quickly.

In Fatsharks own admission, they don’t know why people kept playing VT2 into the thousands of hours. Darktide is an inferior clone because they copy pasted the mechanics but added more hindrances to the gameplay loop as to increase player retention. People played VT2 despite the progression mechanics. Despite. In their quest to fulfill the holy design intent, they loaded the camels back until it broke, never knowing why it even walked with them in the first place.

7 Likes

3 things honestly.

1. The removal of crafting locks.

2. A number of well designed additional classes.

3. An ACTUAL optimization pass that greatly improves the game’s FPS by removing wasteful textures and effects instead of lazy development that caters to people who go out and buy 12 gig cards. There’s no reason a lot of modern games could not run cleanly on even 4 gig cards. But the industry overall has gotten so fking sloppy when it comes to optimization. Darktide is an especially bad culprit when it comes to this.

2 Likes

The removal of crafting locks from the game, or a way to remove crafting locks, as they merely restrict gameplay and artificially inflate playtime

Shared currency resources across characters

The ability to actually choose missions and modifiers

A steady flow of actual gameplay-affecting content, like weapons, missions, classes, and enemies, which could be monetized once the core game systems are actually good and don’t either limit or waste players’ time

1 Like

A good crafting update (see below) would resolve pretty much all of my issues with the game.
Cherry on top would be: free map/modifier selection for private lobbies, new classes, more maps and fixed dogs.

1 Like

I already flipped my rating from negative to positive when scoreboard came out. There is a lot of bad things about this game but without a scoreboard the game is complete trash for me and i can still enjoy it in its current state as long as i have scoreboard.

The removal of the locks would be just enough for me to switch to positive my revew.

2 Likes

You forgett the #…! when you mentoined the lock break thingy without the # your soul wil be damned and nobody remeber you…

1 Like

You can like and play a game and still not recommend it to others. I believe I have 100-250 hours played, although I don’t think I’ll be doing much more after today. My negative review says that the game is only worth it if you’re a 40k fan. I am a massive 40k fan, so that’s how the game kept me this long. If it was any other setting I wouldn’t even be writing this in the forums, I would have already dropped it and moved on.

Exactly put how I’m feeling into words.

2 Likes

Already made it positive. People are giving fat shark a lot of flak because they want the game to improve, and I feel the criticism in a lot of cases is justified and needed, but at this point beyond the locks, I love the game and it’s brought me a ton of joy (=

Furthermore, I see fat shark improving the game consistently and I feel that behavior should be rewarded.

1 Like