What does DWONS stand for?

Heya, was watching a streamer earlier with ‘DWONS3+’ in the title and I know it’s hard-core mode but what does it mean? Cheers.

DeathWish ONSlaught

Cool, thank you and is the 3+ difficulty level?

Cataclysm 3 I believe, yep. @Aqshy would know more - she plays at this level and is very involved in the high level modded Verm scene. I still struggle with just vanilla Cataclysm! :two_hearts:

1 Like

A modded question? For me? :face_holding_back_tears: :face_holding_back_tears: :face_holding_back_tears:

So yeah, DWONS stands for Deathwish Onslaught, but normally when you hear players talking about it, they do indeed mean Cata 3 DWONS; but you can play DWONS really at any difficulty, from Recruit all the way to C3 as Deathwish and Onslaught operate independently from difficulty level.

In the streamer’s instance, they were playing Cata 3 Deathwish Onslaught Plus, most likely. Onslaught Plus is Iceolator’s mod, which is considered another step up from Onslaught.

It gets complicated, I know. Modded naming conventions are a bit of a meme, even within the community.

2 Likes

Can I take advantage of the post and ask you for some clarification about the cata+ levels?
I learnt a bit about them when weaves released, but I think they are a bit different now (I also forgot)
:slight_smile:

Thank you CM’s,

Hopefully the streamer will play again soon cause the playstyle I saw was super fast, super chaotic & super ‘where’d all those specials come from’ awesome!

Have a great day.