What do you want for 2022?

My wishlist

• new maps
  • craftable deeds
  • weave rework ( i really enjoy weaves but its a pity how they are connected to the base game)
  • new lords
  • maybe some single demon enemies (maybe some elite units) in the chaos wastes ( not a whole faction, because i think there will be balance issues)
  • dedicated servers cough
  • higher difficulty setting
  • rework of the end-events and lord-fights (they are in a really poor state)
  • some new weekly events ( maybe implement the geheimnisnacht into the weekly)
  • maybe wind-modifiers of the weaves as an optional modifier for basegame maps?
3 Likes

Does anyone else want proper mod support for V2?
Such as the ability to introduce custom skins, weapons, maps, models, enemies, soundtracks, etc?

Including an ability to play with mods on the official realm, without having to go through the “sanction” system?

In theory this would be nice, however, this isnt doable for VT2 for various reasons like preventing cheats, spagetti code crashes (already got too many) or not crossing GW´s rules regarding the warhammer franchise.

Particularly the last one makes the idea pretty much impossible.

Well if we did get more mod support, I think implementing a similar system to how DRG has done it, would be the best way. The mods that are in use is up to the host and people can choose to not join modded servers if they don’t want too. If they do decide to join they’re informed what mods are in use and if they’d still like to join the game. To me, that’s probably the best way to handle it.

As for the GW rules, yeah that’s the real issue. I guess we’ll never see custom maps then.

I really think especially after other premium careers Grail Knight needs a touch-up in terms of talents and maybe even some new weapons he could use. Grail Knight is not bad by any means!.. but it’s a little… lackluster almost compared to other premium careers that’ve come out? Even Outcast Engineer and ESPECIALLY Warrior Priest. It doesn’t feel very… Grail Knight’y y’know? He is kinda trying to do two things being an almost mix between Slayer and Foot Knight but does neither well. Overall I think with the new design experience in mind they should do a once-over on Grail Knight.

1. Cata deeds with proper matchmaking, allowing 5 players at the same time.
  2. Proper inventory fix.
  3. Undisclosed bugs fixes.

You can already play any deed on cata difficulty if you’d like.

I can. Can you read the entire line of text?

Deed match making is something people have wanted for a long time, no arguments here.
Cata deeds specifically? Won’t happen unless they allow us to craft our own deeds or give us Cata chests to find those deeds.

What I would like to see is more adventure maps and new enemy types. I understand that FS got burned on the Beastmen but I’d still like to fight new foes even if it may take a 2-3 patches before they are more inline with current crop of enemies.

3 Likes

If they have the want to make more enemies, I hope they don’t do a whole new roster and instead bring more Elite/Special/Monster/Other rather than horde mob

2 Likes

I agree with this. More specials for both Rotbloods and Beastmen would be appreciated. And more Skaven enemies would also be nice.

I know we’ve had threads previously on this topic with many cool ideas.

1 Like

You know, I actually think the beastmen are a nice addition to the game; an alternative special to bannermen would be appreciated; maybe Centigors and Harpies? Also, maybe some shielded warriors like Skaven and Chaos have.

I’ve been thinking, for Skaven and Chaos variety; it’d be neat if they had variants of existing elites and specials based on different factions within the Warhammer universe.

Khorne, Tzeentch, and Slaanesh variants of everything with new specials and elites. Even if some elites were just visually redone for flavor, I’d enjoy that.

For Skaven, perhaps seeing some new clan-specific variants of elites/specials, and monsters, and again, even just visual flavor for clan-specific variants of the Stormvermin and Plague Monks. Perhaps add some slingers for a few ranged enemies too.

Ultimately, if they add a new faction, I’d love to see some undead of some sort.

3 Likes

Centigor (And other quadruped) aren’t very likely because they couldn’t get the rig to work correctly, but since Darktide will get one they might, but Centigor wouldn’t really bring anything new though (Either Charger Elite or Ranged Elite, although they could use the Netter Special combined with it)

And rather than having reskin I’d rather have units that have some mechanical changes, Warboss for each of the Major Clan (Being pooled in the same group as Monster) like a Eshin Assassin with triple blades, a Warlock Engineer, a Pestilen Pope thingy…

Plague Monk Censer Bearer too as elite

Minogor as Special/Elite too

1 Like

its really intresting Quadrupels are notoriously hard to program and it doesn’t matter if its in the form of a mount or an enemy, it has to with their range of motion, most of them can only move forward or sometimes backwards in very limited fashion, where bipedals can move in all directions
(thats why circus horses who got trained to move sideways are so expectional)

i also could see a tunnelrat work, as in a special that runs away from the party (not out of bounds, im looking at you fatshark :face_with_peeking_eye: ) digs out a tunnel and then spawns a bunch of clanrats and 1 or 2 elites, and repeat

2 Likes

My speculation is that we won’t see four-legged enemies for the Ü5 until Vermintide 3 (in some form or another) although the addition of mounted foes (and perhaps occassionally for heroes? :D) would be really cool.

flying special like gargoyles could be interesting. Like they would stand on cliff then dive to either pine people down or drag them a bit and drop them (always on solid ground).

1 Like

I figure, much like quadrupeds, flying animation, hitboxes, and movement might be too difficult. As for the factions we see in-game, the only flying enemy I know of would be the Beastmen’s harpies which don’t seem unique to Beastmen from what I can find.

I was thinking, besides Beastmen, I don’t know if we’ll see much more added now that Darktide is on the way, I’m not sure there is anything besides Sienna’s final career. At this point, I’m looking forward to Darktide, but if they ever do Vermintide 3, I do hope it is with the idea of more enemy types such as flying enemies, quadrupeds, and other factions besides the same ol’ Nurgle Chaos and Skaven. I think the key to longevity with games is a combination of having a dynamic and diverse array of enemies with their own unique look and feel alongside balanced gameplay. There are also other things to consider like next-gen consoles in 2024, Windows 12 is probably coming out in 2024; VR games are a thing now. I’m not holding my breath for much more new stuff in V2, I’ll wait patiently for V3.

If they do add new elites to V2, I’d say a Chaos Warrior with a shield and different one-handed weapon variants would be neat. Something more powerful than normal Choas Warriors.

2 Likes

Yeah the melee combat is the best part of the game and just putting elites in with different weapons would be a slam dunk for replay value. There could be a couple varieties of big bestigors with blood spattered armor, more impressive horns and arrows sticking out of them like grudge monsters that are bulkier and use a charge that’s easier to interrupt but has a wider hitbox. Those old viking helmet maulers could come back, wielding swords and shields. Or what I think would be amazing, a variant with a greathammer that has a unique high stagger and slow on hit like the ones the heroes use. Something besides big axe/polearm dodge but with the same punishing heavy hits.

4 Likes

If they do add new elites to V2, I’d say a Chaos Warrior with a shield and different one-handed weapon variants would be neat. Something more powerful than normal Choas Warriors.

That would and could be cool. Different gear for Chaos Warriors would be nice. Both weapon-and-shield as well as two-weapon wielders would be, to my knowledge, in accordance with lore and old miniature rules.

As for something more powerful they could slot in Chosen and Forsaken for some more heavily armoured enemies for us to fight in the Chaos Warrior range.

And in my opinion I should note that the Beastmen could probably also do with the Gors getting some new gear like an weapon-and-shield and a two-weapons versions. Maybe even ungors with both spears and shield?

Yeah the melee combat is the best part of the game and just putting elites in with different weapons would be a slam dunk for replay value.

I’m with you.

There could be a couple varieties of big bestigors with blood spattered armor, more impressive horns and arrows sticking out of them like grudge monsters that are bulkier and use a charge that’s easier to interrupt but has a wider hitbox. Those old viking helmet maulers could come back, wielding swords and shields.

That would be cool. Maybe we could have Pestigors as heavy hitters with a different approach from th Bestigor charges?

Or what I think would be amazing, a variant with a greathammer that has a unique high stagger and slow on hit like the ones the heroes use. Something besides big axe/polearm dodge but with the same punishing heavy hits.

That would be something cool. :slight_smile:

1 Like