What do you want for 2022?

More maps! Not only for CW, also more regular maps! We are doing the same maps over and over and over and over again. Maps from V1 are available and some of them really awesome, just need a bit of rework.

implementing the skull event of geheimnisnacht would be also great :smiley: but not as event but as a full implementation. Maybe with some voting system or as weekly.

1. Better bot AI.
  2. An AI tactics preset hub (like what we see in the dragon age series) Essentially allowing the player to decide under what conditions a bot will use an ult, when they’ll use range, and the preferred way to deal with specials, etc.
  3. New Campaign maps.
  4. New Enemy Lords.
  5. DAEMONS! Seriously, why are there no Daemons in the chaos wastes? I want to see bloodletters infantry, new Daemon monsters, a Bloodthirstier bossfight for Khrone, a Great Unclean One for Nurgle, a Lord of Change for Tzeetch, and a Keeper of Secrets for Slaanesh.
  6. The AOE of the Moonbow back. There’s more powerful range options for other careers, yet the moonbow gets gutted? No thanks, make the moonbow useful again.
  7. More weapons.
  8. Fixed enemy spawns. Honestly, tired of getting smacked by an enemy in the back that wasn’t there. I want to see enemy spawns to be forbidden in the playable area and to have designated spawn points. It’s one thing for the enemy to crawl out of the ground or jump out of wall, there’s an animation and sound cue to give the player some warning. But just having enemies spawn in the map and be able to instantly attack you? Yeah no thanks. Twitch mode should be the only exception to enemies spawning in the playable area.
  9. Be able to craft our own deeds. We should have the ability to modify the difficulty of runs to our own preferences. (Think Halo skull system) Not asking for bonus loot for crafting our own deeds, just a means to add more flair to a run if we want too.
  10. Get rid of Grudemarks, seriously my friend and I don’t like them. This should be an optional challenge in the CW wastes.
  11. Chaos Warriors of different gods. So far all we see are Nurgle ones. Where are the Khrone, Tzeetch, Slaanesh ones?

That’s about it.

2 Likes

I think it was mentioned somewhere that the problem with any decently interesting demon is that they are simply too powerful and would utterly steamroll the U5. You need a named character like elf queen/bigwig human with sufficient preparations+artifacts to have a shot at it.

Powerscales in warhammer are typically really chaos favored with the only gimmick being that most of them are just not able to actually get into the world…but the one time they did they almost wrecked Brettonia.

And the only reason they didnt succeed is because they started infighting and wiped eachother out.

All that said, we could get some lesser demons but its doubtful if they´d really be worth the effort over a more normal faction like say undead or such.

I don’t want to hear that when the U5 already have willingly entered the cesspit which is the Chaos Wastes, arguably the most dangerous place in the old world, not just because of the monstrosities you’ll find there, but the very land itself is tainted by the dark gods, and the U5 willingly go into the CW, why, for what purpose? It’s suicide by all means.

With that said, this is a Warhammer game set in the End Times, the Chaos Gods themselves are invading the world, and you mean to say we’ll never encounter Daemons? Instead we’ll see some basic faction like undead or Orks? Bah. The very fact we enter the chaos waste and never encounter any is an insult, and if the Kislevites army can fight daemons then so can U5.

In short, this is what I expect when we enter the Chaos Wastes. We shouldn’t even be encountering any skaven in the wastes, not even they are crazy enough to enter that accursed place.

I’m content with the game’s contents. What I want are bug fixes and nothing more, yet I do want more players to play with which probably require either content updates or big sale.

Not really, the chaos wastes for all intents seem to be continent sized and the U5 only play around in the southmost parts while the demons only rarely come out at the very most extreme northmost one.

Its nearly like visiting south Africa and being disappointed because you didnt see any Pyramids.

The Kislevites in the trailer only fight with lesser demons, and they get pounded during what little we see. Exception being the Tsarina(a named) who fights a Bloodthirster and starts strong.

But reminder, that bloodthirster killed or maimed like 4-5 people and sent them flying in one swing just before. One of them seems to have been a commander (stronger than usual guy) who hailed the Tsarina on her way out. Any chaos demon above the rank of chaff is simply playing on a different level, and even their chaff tends to steamroll mortal elites.

Mortal warrior<Mortal elite/lesser chaos warrior< Elite chaos warrior/lesser demon < above chaff demon < Greater demon. Meanwhile named mortals can be anywhere on this scale but if i am not mistaken then they are typically just a bit weaker than a greater demon for suspense purposes.

That´d be very similar to the Gran Cathay trailer where the basic human units gets absolutely steamrolled by Tzeench demons until the Dragon-types start moving…

So, sure, we could ask Fatshark to forcefully add and downgrade a greater demon to fight but to me that´d really feel cheap, what´s the point of a big demon that´s downgraded as heck? I´d rather take new enemies from an undead faction.

It seems to me you really have no clue what the Chaos Wastes really are, so instead of arguing with you of the nature of the chaos wastes, and why they’re so dangerous, I’ll instead share with your some of the lore.

A look into The Chaos Wastes.
"However, after many millennia of efficiency, something in the mechanisms of the gates went catastrophically wrong. Quickly growing uncontrollably unstable, the gates collapsed, their physical structure shattering and breaking apart, and without them in place to keep the otherworld in check, pure Chaos spilled through the ruined portals, causing widespread mutations and creating the first of the Beastmen race. Warpstone, the solidified stuff of raw Chaos, spilled out from the tears in reality, and rained down on the planet causing even further mutations. This was known as the Great Catastrophe

When the mechanisms of the gates were finally and fully destroyed by the catastrophic failure, the hellish otherworld of the Warp began to bleed into the physical dimension, creating forevermore the hellish Chaos Wastes. The Old Ones, realizing their colony-world was beyond saving, fled the planet in their ships, never to return."

" To this day, the Chaos Wastes continue to encroach across the Northern hemisphere, having already claimed the lands of Norsca and portions of the great Northern Steppes, and infusing those lands with the very essence of Raw Change. The corruption of the Wastes is highly evident in all who live under its shadows: in the vicious Northmen as well as the Kurgan and the Hung. Whilst the stigmata of physical mutation is a rare and often fatal affliction in the lands of the south, amongst the tribes of the Savage North, it is common and considered to be a gift of the gods to their people.

The Chaos Wastes serve as the principle arena of the mortal world in which the Dark Gods of Chaos play out their apocalyptic struggle for supremacy known to scholars of Daemon-lore as the Great Game. Amidst the impossible landscape, the armies of the Dark Gods clash in never-ending battles. These wars are fought not for glory, nor plunder, but simply to advance the unknowable designs of the Four. Every day, the Wastes rock and shudder with titanic conflicts the likes of which unmatched by even the most incredible battles of the Old World."

“Now, the gods are again united in their favour of one man, it is Archaon Lord of the End Times, empowered with the might of Chaos and joined by thousands of tribes from the Norse, Kurgan and Hung. Now, the men of the North stand ready to unleash the final battle that will bring about the doom of the faithless people of the South.”

That should be enough lore to explain why the Chaos Wastes are so dangerous, and why it’s suicide to enter it, which is why we should not see ANY AND ALL Skaven in the Chaos Wastes whatsoever. To steal and modify a line from Boromir: “One does not simply enter the chaos wastes.”

In regards to the Daemons, you’re probably right about the Greater Daemons being too powerful to fight, that said, there are still plenty of lesser daemons we could see and fight (bloodletters) or even chaos warriors twisted by the “blessing” of their gods, like the forsaken and the fate of prince Yuri, which we see here: Prologue Cinematics | Total War Warhammer 3 - YouTube

" The loathsome stronghold of Clan Moulder, known as the Hell Pit, lies deep within the Northern Wastes."

There are definetely Skaven in the Chaos Wastes. One of the four great clans even has their stronghold there. It can be argued if Clan Fester would be brave enough to enter the Wastes. But it has never been mentioned which Skaven Clan we are fighting in the Chaos Wastes. The line-up is identical to the bought mercenary band of Fester. But that is probably, the easy-way-out developing effort.

I´ve read that stuff before, but still, other literature of the wastes describe that you can trip about the wastes for weeks on end without spotting even the tiniest of demons. The damn Archon, blessed by chaos and whatnot also spent a crazy amount of time looking before he finally found em right at the top. Presumably right around where the old ones gates used to be.

The lower and middle parts of the wastes simply do not have many if any demons at all typically, a few do have private lodgings like one of the CW maps the u5 pass through but it seems to have been something of a holiday spot for the demon in question.

And so with that in mind and the fact that two of the three major tribes of men who serve chaos live there, there is no real reason why the Skaven cant be there too.

As for the chaos powers warping and twisting the landscape/things living there, well yes, and that is manifested in the often very surreal things we can see in the wastes + curse maps. But that doesnt mean that a tiny band of fighters cant blitz through parts of the wastes in a few days and get out safe, especially not if blessed by gods of order.

1 Like

Yes you are right that the Skaven are everywhere except for the island of Ulthuan, but they are an underground dwelling race, they rarely surface without purpose. To quote: “Skaven would only surface during their most violent and inexplicable wars, from which once they are defeated or victorious, their armies would simply slump back to their tunnels and mysteriously disappear from sight for many decades afterward .”

The Skaven really have no reason or business to be on the surface of the Chaos Wastes, and unless the U5 have the goal to attack the Hell Pitt or some other minor skaven clan, they’d have no reason to pursue the U5 in the Chaos Wastes, and besides there’s plenty of more terrible foes in the wastes that would kill them, or try too.

We aren’t at the north of the Chaos Waste

Red is where we are going according to the Chaos Waste trailer, this is well inside the still mortal realm

Those that get wrecked are troops, the U5 are each at the very least to be considered Unnamed Heroes (Counting OE as Master Engineer, each have a Hero level career apart from Kruber, who has a lore hero career)

And it’s good to remember that stat wise (So discounting the TWW trilogy and taking the RPG) a Deamon like a Bloodletter isn’t that stronger than a CW, it’s even in fact weaker (But has an instability rule). And in lore (So not taking the rpg, nor the TT, nor any game) It’s mention that Deamons are weakened in the Materium, to the point that sometime they even simply fade from the Materium in certain cases (Adverse rituals and such). The U5 have wards, and magic weapons (Enchanted weapons) so Greater Deamons that are not in the top brass (Named Deamons appart from a few, which are out of their Gods favours) are still fair game

Chaos Warrior:

Bloodletter

Intangibility rule

2 Likes

Oh, but the Skaven have business on the surface. As stated here:

1 Like

You do realise that this is the End Time, the Norscan army are joining up, and going south, the weaker Clans that don’t join are fully expected to take control of what they can (The Skaven were at some point supposed to betray Archeon but they decided against it for a reason I don’t remember)

1 Like

Also I do want to precise that the same work for 40k, where you can play a normal unaugmented (Well usually you start without any of them) human and are still able to kill greater deamon and small warband of lower deamon. So those could be great Monster and Elite/special respectively.

1 Like

Well the Skaven invasions takes place in the the Old World, Lustria, the Dwarf Kingdoms, and the border princes, Estalia and Tilea, which both fell quickly. I’ve never heard of any Skaven invasion in the Chaos Wastes. That’s why I don’t expect to see them there, and besides I want to face warriors of chaos and Daemons in the Chaos Wastes, not more rats. That’s just me though.

Tbf, the U5 don’t enter the Chaos Wastes for a gander, they’re actually seeking out the forces of Chaos, and because this is the end times where the forces of chaos are at their strongest with the four united for once, I’d expect to see daemons in the chaos invasion force that is supposed to bring on the end times. Not only that but from what I read the Greater Daemons do take on a more active and independent role which would allow for such encounters.

“Often the Greater Daemons lead incursions into the mortal world, and act as the heralds of the Ruinous Powers of Chaos to Champions of Chaos, Chaos Sorcerers. Yet, they still have their own ambitions and plans, each contributing a part to the greater consciousness that is the Dark Gods”

Lastly, as much as I too would love to see the accursed lands of Sylvania due to vampiric corruption, and their unique unit roster, (cairn wraiths, crypt ghouls, grave guards, terrorgheist, varghulf, vargheist, crypt horrors) etc. There’s one major problem which would make that unlikely. The Vampire Counts are no friends to the forces of Chaos or Skaven, their forces would fight the rats, beastmen, and warriors of chaos. If they didn’t it would be lore breaking, because the VC eventually ally themselves with the forces of order. After all they want to rule over the Empire not see it destroyed outright.

The Vampire Count faction would have to be map specific, and their unit roster would have to be versatile enough to account for not having skaven or chaos specials, their units would also have to be hostile to skaven and chaos forces, not just the player, meaning that if the undead units did encounter skaven or chaos units, then they would fight them.

Quite frankly I just don’t see that being a possibility. We saw how well the introduction of the beastmen faction went, their unit roster is so limited they have to borrow skaven and norscan specials. Key word being, they have too. The Beastmen at least have the luxury of being able to borrow skaven and norscan specials, but lore wise you can’t do the same with the Vampire Counts, so they’d have to be a faction that’s fully fleshed out with their own maps. To be perfectly clear, like you I’d love to see it, that would be an amazing DLC. However, I sincerely doubt Fatshark has the resources and ability to accomplish that. Perhaps if we get a V3, but for V2? That’s extremely unlikely.

When you consider the above you might be able to appreciate the fact the addition of one daemon unit, like a bloodletter is a much smaller and more manageable task than building an entirely new faction form the ground up.

1 Like

The Kislevite troops look a fair bit tougher than your average imperial troopers i´d say : P

I think it´s fair to rank them as Mortal elites if anything, especially since they during that trailer seem to have come out rather clean against a chaos warrior cavalry. And how they while getting beaten still manage to not just outright collapse against the bloodletters.

On that note, the quality of chaos warriors seem to vary a whole lot, as do the mortal elites one.

Huh, i figured that demons like the bloodletters or stronger would typically beat the average chaos warriors based on their respective performances against the kislevites in the trailer…maybe the men got tired before the demons came?

Weakened or not within reasonable limits, a greater demon is something like a bloodthirster or a great unclean one which is way beyond what any non-named hero can handle.

I mean, those demons can give named characters like the first Pheonix king or lesser ones like Gelt/brettonian knight king a fight for their lives.

What tell you that any of the U5 are average Imperial Troopers ?

You do understand that each game has it’s own balance method (40k: Inquisitor, you play an Inquisitor and can delete Greater Deamons and CSM are not that though, but in Space Marine 1, those CSM are way thougher) and that none are the same

Those have been killed by unnamed nobodies before. Just like mortals aren’t all at the same powerlevel, the Deamons are too, in fact even more

On the other hand, i think it was said that pretty much all the forces of chaos had actually left the wastes during the U5 incursion. The whole pilgrimage to the citadel was actually kind of a backdoor attack.

Why would the demons wander about an empty wasteland if there´s stuff to do&get elsewhere? The skaven&rotbloods had shamans or something telling them the U5 were going so they stayed.

This is fair i suppose, adding or replacing some chaos warriors with bloodletters or nurgle equivalent demons wouldnt have been a bad thing.

2 Likes