What do you want for 2022?

Okri would just be two Bardins side-by-side in a trenchcoat wearing a fake moustache and beard though.

5 Likes

First of all, I do believe, that FS has dropped a lot of good quality work on us in the last years and I’ve spent countless hours with basically every possible career and game mode. I’m also pretty happy about the current state of the game, but there are indeed some things that can use some more dev attention in my opinion.
So the wishlist? Here it goes. Sorted according to priority:)

1. Big Balance Beta Round 2
  • SoTT needs a nerf
  • Moonfire Bow and Javelins need a nerf
  • Huntsman needs a complete overhaul. Powercreep has left this class in underwhelming state.
  • Pyromancer needs some tweaks as it is the ranged career that only works somehow in melee. BW and UC mop up the floor with pyro.
  • Zealot needs a THP/Perma HP rework due to poor synergies. I would remove his class talent “Unswerving strikes” and replace it with something along “Ascesis” which would change any perma HP generated by teammates into THP. This inlcudes CW boons and health from meddkits provided by teammates. If the zealot wants to heal, he needs to heal himself. On the upside it could slow down the THP decay a bit.
  • Warrior Priest needs some more pep, right now he feels like wannabe Foot Knight. He is pure melee career and should pack a punch in melee (vide Slayer or Grail Knight, enough said).
  • Nerf lightning and explosions on crits on CW. SoTT with deepwood staff and explosion on crits feels like burst rocket launcher.
  • Tone down illusionist on Grudge Marked monsters, especially minotaurs. Every grudge should be possible to counter!
  • And many more small changes like in BBB which has really stirred up the meta and opened a whole kingdom of new possiblities. I will cut it here, to avoid a wall of text. Just check the pick-up frequency of talents and weapons :slight_smile:
  1. Enemies tweaks
  • Assasins exhibit way too much buggy behaviour for so long, it has been accepted as God-given. Examples include: jumping through thin obstacles like walls, fences, ledges or ground, jumping through ultra-dense hordes with no line of sight (moot point), insta roundhouse turns after dodging, tumbling forwards through the player character, jumping before their spawn sound stopped playing, jumping while having 1px of the player character in their line of sight, jumping sideways or backwards in the t-pose after hitting an obstacle, jumping in IR guided homing missile mode along curved tunnels, teleporting in the same frame after they jump has been dodged and so on.
  • Leeches will grab you if you happen to jump down while they teleport behind. Their grab will follow you and pick you back up. Also happens if you’re being tossed around by blightstormers. I do not believe this auto-aim is intended, especially, that player cannot defend himself mid-air.
  1. Please let us adjust the color of our headgear to the skins:) (ye, high priority to the vanity!)

2. Craftable deeds? Let’s put all those dusts and weapon parts to good use.

3. UI Tweaks in game, without need of mods

4. Weaves rework. Some old forum goers have already written excellent feedback on this. The 160 frame was the most tedious, fun-crushing thing I’ve done in any game, ever.

That’s it so far. I’m keen to hear your thoughts!

9 Likes

Sorry to nitpick but i find it interesting that you´d call huntsman whom with the right setup and some luck can 3-4 shot a cata monster from full health underwhelming…if you find this underwhelming then what in the world do you see the Javelins doing to consider them worth nerfing?

Personally the only thing i think is over the top with javelins is the stagger against chaos warriors…and maybe the finesse(crit) scaling that SoT is so good at using.

Furthermore, Warrior priest is a support tank and not a pure DPS like slayer or a bit like GK, WPoS really should not be dealing anywhere near their damage. I’ve quite had it with SoT style “support”.

5 Likes

ahem:
https://puu.sh/IyGoZ/60653a0e93.png

In my opinion there is a missing line at the end of that text that goes “By killing all their enemies” :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Hey Frost. My opinion on those two points you’ve mentioned.

1. Huntsman needs an excellent eye for headshots, has to stay under the effect of his career skill and should get a pot to pump out enough damage to down a monster in 3-4 hits on cataclysm. Also he needs to pick-up a single target damage weapon like the good handgun. Meanwhille, the humble RV whips out his MWP, ults, throws a fire bomb at the horde and empties several clips of ammo at the monster while the huntsman is still juggling the potions and going for the head. SoTT has even easier life, as she can spam the monster to death with crits faster than I can count. Huntsman is still playable career, but I do remember, that it is due for rework since BBB and it starts to drag out.

2. Since javelins and moonfire bow came out, I’ve seen only few Kerilian players using any of the older weapons. The sole reason javelins are not so often brought into discussion, is the fact, that they’re absolutely overshadowed by moonfire bow. But let’s check few facts. Javelins have:

• excellent flight trajectory
  • high projectile speed (for a thrown weapon)
  • enough damage to 1-2 shot every special (depends on build)
  • cleave like thrown pommel from executioner sword that ends hordes rightly
  • stagger like 2h hammer. You can make a CW flinch with bodyshot.
  • unlimited ammo
    As an icing on the cake you can stab puny rats that come a bit to close.

If you think about it, then what is even the point anymore for picking up a longbow for special sniping? Javelins can do it almost as good, have better horde clear due to amazing cleave, stagger everything and need no ammo.

And WPOS? This guy is supposed to be the big, mean, frontline first and then support career like Foot Knight or mercenary mixed up with slayer. He’s the U5 answer to the Chaos Warriors. His mighty hammer is supposed to catapult the nearest enemy Sauron style to the Morrslieb. He’s not that bad, but for me certainly lacks the melee killing power like his competitors. Very often I had a feeling, that Salty went ethical in his older years and changed his arsenal for rubber hammers. You bonk enemies back and forth and they still-get-up. I believe that that’s actually how the Fury meter is being loaded.

5 Likes

I think some of Huntsman’s talents need to be changed to fit Blunderbuss. It’s hard to aim headshot with shotgun
Make em Bleed , Burst of Enthusiasm , Longshanks , Head Down and Hidden need to be remade .

Could we for once leave the back-and-forth balance discussions out of a thread which has a clearly different purpose?

Well, what I want for 2022 is:

• That Estalian / Bretonnian Undead Campaign just so I can say: “I told ya”
  • New maps and boons for the Chaos Wastes
  • The mighty nerf hammer over several things
  • Removal (and no new introduction) of generalist talents which are good in every situation

Hm, I think this is the summary for now. Maybe I will remember more later.

4 Likes

New enemy effect

• Stagger: slowing down the U5
    New enemies
  • (Warboss) Warlock Engineer
  • (Warboss) Eshin Assassin
  • (Monster) Skinwolf (+Variant Armoured Skin Wolf)
  • (Monster) Rat Ogre Variant (Blade, Grinderfist)
  • (Monster) Pox Maggot
    And some more
2 Likes

Nobody else wants it, but give the community a more concrete answer on the status of Versus mode

It’s been way way way way way too long since the announcement

This way I can be happy and shut up about it

2 Likes

It’s on the radar

2 Likes

Chaos daemons in the chaos waste. More chaos waste maps.
Buff engineer Bardin’s ult by making it armour and shield piercing.
Toggle option for hats to match your outfit’s colour.
Kerilian’s face and hair reveal- stop giving her balaclavas.
Meaningful rewards to achievements- shillings shouldn’t be all you get for 80% of the achievements.

2 Likes

To be honest, I try to temper my expectations with a bit of cold rationalization, but here is some of the things that I would have appretiated from Fatshark in 2022:

Talent and weapon rebalance. Even something relatively simple.
Ability to color cosmetics to match the outfit (instead of having to buy 3 different beanies for Bardin).
New weapons like Doomseeker Axe for Bardin, Rapier+Dagger for Saltzpyre, Heavy Crossbow for Kruber, Flaming Whip for Sienna, and maybe another magic staff for Kerillian…
More Beastmen units, so they feel like a complete faction instead of relying on stacking 3 banners in one place and calling it a day.

Now, for more outlandish stuff…
I wish we fough Daemons or Undead as an enemy faction. These probably wouldn’t happen, especilly the undead part, but man can hope.
Another wishful idea is - more transparrent development. Would be really nice to know what we can expect from new content, kinda like how deep rock galactic teased and showed new weapons for Update 35 for MONTHS before releasing it.

2 Likes

I really have a problem with whips as they aren’t really melee weapons, and rather appear as ranged (Witch is how the Doomseeker for example should appear) or as side weapons (Beastlord Spear and Whip)

Would a Flaming whip appear as a ranged weapon, generating heat and all that or would it be the side weapon (Maybe with a Flaming sword to emulate the Balrog)

I immagine it as a “melee secondary”. Lacks range, lacks uprfront damage, but has cleave (due to magic and being “made of fire”) and, maybe toss in a weak DoT as a bonus.
And yes, I do wish it to have overheat mechanic, so by holding RMB you channel Aqshy through it in one way or another.

1. Pyromanser full rebalance
  2. Moonbow nerf or rework, cuase the thing is hella overpowered, even if we do not speak of the fact, that it basically combines all the good stuff from all the other Keri’s ranged weapons.
  3. Some talents reworks
  4. Lords rework, they all are a little boring. Each boss need unique mechanics to feel memorable. Also, something needs to be done with magical enemies in general, cause it feels like U5 eat magic for breakfast, from how they just ignore magical dmg.
  5. More enemy types or mb a full new enemy faction, like undead, would be sooo cool. And more rat-related specials/elites, like a warpstone warlock.
  6. More hats, and hats for completing weaves/CW, more hats in general
  7. Some more cool looking skins, like the ones for real money
  8. PLSPLSPLS, MORE SEASONAL EVENTS (Gechamistnacht was such a breath of fresh air, despite being simple as hell thing). Make them regular, that would be the stuff to die for. And, of course, seasonal hats, but made in lorefriendly and serious way. Piggy is my favourite, but I still would like my WH to look mostly grimdark.
  9. Would be mega cool (but looks the most unrealistic) - more levels, or, dare I say, full Vermintide 1, brought back to us? Pls? Pretty-pretty pls?
  10. Of course, it would be amazng to have at least one fully new map. Preferably, with a new Lord fight, we do not have a lot of those.
4 Likes

But Skarrik has a very unique mechanic! He dies faster than the Bile Troll in Hunger in the Dark! xD

That would be cool, actually. But I see in more like a stuff with a flaming cleave on a second button. Like, she creates a flaming whip and smacks it around, gaining overcharge and massive stagger with strikes.

All of them kinda do. Last time I was playing War Camp - we 2-shotted Ribspreader, and it was Legend. Not okay, that bosses feel less strong, the higher the difficulty xd. Cause my first ever Skarrik killed us all back then. And now, well, he dies, when he lands. A little shame, that you can’t kill him midair.

why are we using, overpowered stuff as baseline again?

5 Likes