Vermintide 2 - 'Back to Ubersreik' DLC Announcement

i dont know how to say this, but fatsharks tends to go afk on the 1st month of the year. so releasing content then off to holiday for weeks without any communication regarding to potential bugs/glitches … i can see it now … just like how fatshark went afk in 2015 xD

1 Like

uber

Hmmmm…

We were told it was for lore reason. Have to wait and see XD They still need to say what else is in the DLC, is it even legal to release something for sale and not say what it is? Isn’t that technically gambling?

1 Like

Well, I understand the point of what are you trying to say, but technically , I don’t think they are legally bound to state what’s the content prior to the launch of it. It would be gambling if they release it and don’t tell us what are they selling. Lol, now that would be quite chaotic… almost… Heretical™? :nurgle::skaven:

2 Likes

I don’t think it would be gambling if we didn’t. It would just be unclear. :slight_smile:

We will update the page on Monday though.

3 Likes

Have I gone crazy or has the name of the dlc changed from “return to Ubersreik” to “back to Ubersreik”?

It’s always been Back To Ubersreik. You likely got thrown off by mislabeled posts and that all the descriptions use “return” when saying things like “heroes return to Ubersreik” and so on.

I’m curious though, why is the DLC being treated like state secret? I think most of the info has been leaked now or shown on streams. But wouldn’t it make more sense to show us what’s in upcoming DLCs? Get us hyped up for it?

EA is a horrible game company, but if theirs one thing I can give them credit for. It’s hyping up their DLCs or even new games. Minus the genderfield 5 trailer. But I remember playing BF3 and 4 and the DLC trailers got everyone hyped up, we’d go over every little detail trying to find new weapons or vehicles, maps etc.

You guys don’t seem to be really pushing this DLC. Half my friends didn’t even have a clue a DLC was being released tomorrow. Nothing on the steam news page, nothing on the launcher, you see where I’m going here? Even here on the official website and discord. There hasn’t been hardly any info.

For comparison, you guys actually hyped up Night Maps for Halloween a lot more. And people seemed to be more excited for them. Speaking of which, I hope you guys are still going to add them. That was really a shame… only around for a week. Unfortunately in my case, I was working all week away from home in Stockholm. Few games I got to do were bögen maps. Didn’t get to see any of the real maps.

2 Likes

When we hype, we get a lot of people stating we overhyped. This time we want to try being a bit more casual and perhaps over deliver rather than underwhelm. Is it the right approach? Not sure. We’ll see. :slight_smile: hopefully people enjoy what’s in the DLC and find a better value proposition from this release.

7 Likes

Fair enough. This is the first I’m hearing about people being upset about getting info, trailers for the game though. It’s been a reoccurring theme on these forums for the past few months that we’re being kept in the dark. People have been activally asking for updates on what is coming next or simply what your top priorities are and what’s on the back burner.

When you’re talking about underwhelming, I’m assuming you’re talking about Bögenhafen. And I think you guys know why people were so upset with that. 2 new maps for around 10$ that you can play even if you don’t own the DLC. The only thing you really got from the DLC that was exclusive was a purple glow on your weapons. And you didn’t even get red equivalent weapons, just skins. To top it off, you could only get 1 of these a week on release before it was tweeked. And they were class locked, so it was a random skin for any class in the game regardless which character you opened the box on.

Now you have this DLC, which if the leaks are true, is the first time you’ll be releasing new weapons for vermintide 2. That’s pretty big by itself. But the only thing we know for sure is the 2 second clip of Bardin holding dual hammers…

None the less, I’m excited for some new content. Unfortunately, I’ll have my wife’s entire family over so I won’t be able to play tomorrow lol. BTW, is the dlc dropping at midnight tonight? Or is it just a random time through the day tomorrow?

1 Like

Tomorrow evening EU time most likely - when steam does it’s magic

1 Like

vk6MA8yIfmqhW

I travel tomorrow until the 16th, ill order/install before I leave but if ONly it was just a day before.

Reaaaally looking forward to the new maps, thanks guys

Do you not realize this is kind of like saying its a bad thing that fatshark made the maps playable for “free”. Its almost like saying that people want fatshark to “gate” the maps behind a dlc wall so the dlc package will be more “valuable” to the customer.

They did exactly this with their first game (vt1) with the exception that hosts could share the dlc maps with others.

I for one would like that they do not return to that state because it splits up the player base.

Can we not just appreciate that fatshark is giving us free stuff?

1 Like

If you read my entire post, you would see what I meant. You can’t sell a DLC that doesn’t give the customer anything over the people who don’t buy it… It wouldn’t have been a problem if they added more content to the DLC like they seem to be doing with this one. All that came with Bög was a purple glow skin of which you could only get 1 per week when it was released. With this DLC, at least we’re getting new weapons. If those new weapons and and maps are available to people who don’t buy the DLC, tell me, what is the point of buying the DLC? To get some check marks for climbing to the highest point in the map? Or unlocking some easter eggs?

And if the host who owns the DLC can share the maps, it’s not really splitting the player base then is it? Do you expect to just get everything for free without paying? But, as I said before, I don’t care if the maps are free. As long as their’s some exclusive content to the DLC. IF there’s not, I won’t be buying the the DLC, nor will most people I know.

Please, pretty please, try to aim for the golden middle ground. Don’t overhype, but share information on a regular basis. This time we had an announcement, almost no info since then and suddenly, the DLC is released. I’m going to buy it, but the wait itself was confusing and frustrating.

1 Like

maps

Well, that’s good to see. At least there’s a reason to buy it now. Thanks for updating the store notes FS. <3

1 Like

Go! its available now

I heard the download is breaking some peoples games. Anyone want to provide instructions on how to protect save games progress if the download corrupts the whole game necessitating a full reinstall?

I have over 500 hours in V2… its very silly and unacceptable to lose all that progress if Steam content delivery screws up the main game. One of my friends just lost his entire game and about 200 hours worth of progress.

Some tips to protect the save game progress would be very helpful, can someone post a sticky?

You guys should tell people NOW that the DLC download content delivery system can break peoples games… this is a big huge deal guys.

1 Like

The game progress is stored on our end so if you have to reinstall because Steam corrupts your download, your progress won’t be lost.

1 Like