Unchained has major core issues with her design

Isn’t the problem w/ unchained that she’s just too good at everything right now? Basically impossible to kill. A TON of utility w/ the healing ult. Pretty nice melee toolkit (although she still needs smiter). And she has stupid high range uptime with strong ranged weapons. I think she just needs bomb balm tuned down or replaced in some fashion and smiter added to stagger row and she’d be good imo.

2 Likes

I guess the issue is 2 part. But to be fair numbers issues or numbers tweaks is not something that I try to adress (I do think you all doing a great job adressing thoses and if I disagree with some issues, I do speak about it).
It’s just that it’s kit do not fit her identity. And she probably lack some gimmick.

To summarise the issue.

• She probably shouldn’t heal (even if it’s cool)
  • She probably should do something around explosions in a visible and powerful manner.

Same issue with the huntsman which was kinda ‘generic but powerful’, she’s also ‘too generic’

1 Like

I think she does this. That’s the purpose of her ultimate. And now with the new talent, she can explode quite frequently. Is your complaint that you want the explosion to do more damage?

I do think fire aura should be the base for a new unchained and that the build to turn enemies into living bombs should actually be good. (While tuning down what should be tuned down in exchange for it). Therefore clear identity. It’s an unchained before being a melee brawler with a bit of support. No. It’s a madness of fire, exploding things.

Currently, out of the beta, ult was a panic button to reset your heat and explosion had no purpose (besides healing I guess)

I even suggested doing it in ‘pulsations’ as it would kinda be the same effect (dot) but does allow her to move while she unleash pulsations of fire. But that would ask for more time development.

1 Like

It sounds like you’re trying to turn the career into something it’s not and has never been.

That’s great for brainstorming a new game, but it’s a bit late at this point.

1 Like

How is it late? Did you see like WoM rework and kinda BBB rework of some careers ?

Yes, and WOM was terrible. Some classes got improved and some got gutted. I’d rather not do that again.

Yes and here some class got a clear identity. What I ask is kinda what we already have on some on the talents already added to be either useful (enemies exploding on death, already there) or “base” (fire aura, also added this BBB).
So I’m kinda sure I’m not that far from a clear identity while keeping a lot of what’s already there since BBB to be honest =p