Time to address Beastmen

Fatshark has used the excuse that Beastmen are a “horde based” faction which is why so little effort has gone into filling out their roster.

Fatshark then relied on the crutch of using other faction specials and monsters in Dark Omens in the Beastmen exclusive part of the map - despite showing Beastmen killing a rat ogre early on in the level to show how territorial they are so close to the meteor.

For quite some time we’ve been stuck with having 1 Monster, 1 Elite and 1 Special. Problem with this is that with Chaos Wastes you will have instances of having an actual Beastmen exclusive part in that game mode where you will just encounter Banners or Bestigors. Having too much of one thing due to a lack of diversity is a problem - imagine just having Blightstormers spawning all the time or having like 4+ gutter runners showing up in a wave. Such cases can severely impact the game in a negative way when it comes to combat pacing or simply aesthetically coming across the same exact enemy compositions every single time resulting in a slog through the swamp of monotonous brown blob monstrosities.

Some people assumed confusingly that Chaos Wastes would bring new enemies and the developers baited that such a possibility isn’t out the question for future updates after Chaos Waste’ release. However I think that the problems with Chaos Waste only emphasize a problem that has persisted since Winds of Magic when it comes to an incomplete enemy faction that borrows other faction specials or monsters when it wants to but then ignores that glaringly obvious problem in Chaos Waste.

Perhaps instead of constantly looking towards the future of sparkly new projects and ways to find new monetary gains - maybe Fatshark should take a look at what they’ve done and address the issues that have been sitting around gathering dust over the months if not years. Properties, Traits, Weapons, Talents, Classes, Heroic Deeds, Weekly Events, Beastmen and so on.

11 Likes

As far as I am aware this is their most recent statement on this (from Hedge)

I agree it’s past due time they work on some of this stuff, especially after we just had a big content patch

2 Likes

Perhaps instead of constantly looking towards the future of sparkly new projects and ways to find new monetary gains - maybe Fatshark should take a look at what they’ve done and address the issues that have been sitting around gathering dust over the months if not years. Properties, Traits, Weapons, Talents, Classes, Heroic Deeds, Weekly Events, Beastmen and so on.

Yes.

I’m fine with fixing the game for QoL as the dev posted in @spatnack reply. What I’m wondering is what is taking so long for Fatshark to release balance patches? I’m pretty sure player feedback influences their balance decisions by a good 5% (asspull number) and that’s just me saying that I don’t think they really care for player input when it comes to balance. Doesn’t help that Darktide is coming and it’s going to be an extra load of work for Fatshark.

2 Likes