The Zelot is broken now

Well. I mean tbf you can ‘’’’’’’’‘snipe’’’’’’’ specials with a throwing axe. You just have to become obscenely good at aiming them.

Same, Iʻm debating switching to shade. She has decent waveclear with dual daggers and hagbane. Can snipe specials with a few hagbane shots, and can annihilate bosses. At this point nearly everything feels like an upgrade to slayer, especially with the spawn rate of specials on legend.

Yes, and give up attack speed or 15% more power for 5% crit. The tradeoffs are just so out of wack. Why even try master the ranged weapon when it actually hurts slayer. Itʻs not like they have a “jack of all trades” weapon like Zealot. All slayerʻs weapons are more or less specialized, unless you want to try killing elites in a horde with the pickaxe…

It works with push attacks. Kind of :slight_smile:

Hagbane being best, haha yeah at friendly fire, its worst weapon for special sniping ever

I dare say, shotgun is worse at “sniping” . CQC sure, taking out something further is bigger risk than plopping 3-4 arrows into it and letting it die

Oh yeah I forgot about shotgun, but I meant as elf weapons, its slowest weapon for special sniping.

I have counterpoint for that too. Unlike swiftbow, Hagbane least staggers ratlings and fire rats with headshot. Kinda important.

Actually it staggers them without headshot, it didnt do it before huh (or I never saw that they got staggered ) well its only shows how bad rest of her ranged options are (outside of xbow) , because long bow dont stagger them and damage difference is not that big (around 1/4 bigger for longbow but can oneshoot them with ~15% ) for charged body shots ofc.

Well with that stagger its different ehh

That’s when they’re not locked in animation, in firing animation they seem to be way more stagger resistant.

I tested only when firing,both gunner and flamer

Funny, didn’t work for me outside headshots. The whole locked into animation with huge stagger resistance is wonky.

Here is some test with spawned enemies on legend difficulty. Any charged body shot will stagger them

and ofcours shadowplay again recorded that buzzing ughh I need to find what makes it

Do you have anti skaven set up on the bow? Or maybe it’s the power I lack without the 7.5% extra? Cause these clearly don’t animation lock themselves.

The Zealot now feels like where he should’ve been long ago imo.

Faster attacks when lower on HP, tenacious when close to death (but no longer virtually invincible).
Powered by nothing but faith and hatred, he dishes out enough vengeance as a standalone character for at least two players worth (when it comes to hordes). He’s good on his own, a jack of all trades, but master of none imo.

In situations that require more team-play and support, you’re better off picking Witch Hunter Captain. If you want to rely on yourself as you might find yourself playing more public QP matches with teammates you can’t trust with a tome, you’d wanna be a Zealot to survive nasty situations.

Well its work even with 5 power bow but you need to score charged hit on him, maybe you didnt hit him and it shows only dots damage?

Would need to make a video, which I’m too lazy to learn, to even explain. And Occam’s razor does dictate that I likely missed.

Hagbane use to have even more stagger. And I’d say it is not bad at special killing. Sure the longbow can 1 shot and cleave through hordes to hit it’s target. But the hagbane, especially on WS with double shot can dispatch specials very well. With leeches, storms or gutter runners. Just land the 2x dot on them and let them fly away. The poison will kill them. With double shot talent you can also kill stormvermin with one shot as well. But most importantly, it’s staggering and DoTing everything around your target as well.

I wouldn’t say Zealot is broken. He’s really strong like he always was. But I’d say WHC is the undisputed best Salty career right now. He brings so much more…

It’s not Zealots fault slayer is in a bad spot. The talent changes really hurt Slayer and I don’t agree with them at all, but that’s not the fault of the Zealot. Slayer could use a big heap of love I agree. Starting with his damn Leap going back to how it was.

edit: Yes I am a Zealot main in case you were wondering. Of the melee classes I think only Foot Knight and Ironbreaker got buffs, everyone else made lateral moves or were outright nerfed. Slayer got nerfed, god knows why. I don’t know why you nerf any class in a PVE game unless it’s completely broken and I’ve never seen that in this game.

tbf after the changes to temp with the introduction to temp on kill, as well as the unneeded second buff to dodge just making everybody invulnerable, it got to the point that unless you were double damage, Slayer could just outright leap into a chaos patrol and farm it for temp health through the hits they could put on him. There was also wigglemancer at launch and banestalker.

Admittedly entirely the problem of the second buff to dodge. But…

It’s like this. FS has given us an interesting question with two possible solutions. That question is as follows:
Is Slayer currently balanced where it should be?
If the answer is yes, then every career from BW to Zealot needs to be tuned down. PVE or not, balance is balance and it’s only fair when it applies to everybody.
If the answer is no, then they really have dropped the ball at making their intentions known to the community. At least on their official forums.
Which given the history is as unfortunate as it is expected.