The Overrepresentation of Sharpshooters

Going by lore, we should’ve die or turned from Nurgle’s plague.

2 Likes

Only the impure and corrupt are infected - have faith in the emperor of mankind!

3 Likes

Opps LOL I’ll try to remember to spell it with a ‘K’ lol…

1 Like

Psicker

1 Like

Phsghycker

The Emperor Protects.

1 Like
  1. I question the original hypothesis of overrepresentation of sharpshooters.
  2. I also question the hypothesis, that said overrepresentation would be a problem.

On 1)
I tracked some games prior to the latest patch/content drop. No indication of overrepresentation there, though statistical power is low. Data should be made available to support or disprove the claim of overrepresentation. Otherwise the whole debate remains hypothetical in its base.

Tracked games:
Player 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / P-Psyker, Z-Zealot, O-Ogryn, S-Sharpshooter
[Diff 5: 7/7]
PPOS
PSSO
PSZO
PZOP
PSZO
PPSS
OPPZ

[Diff 4, 6/10]
PSZO
PZPZ
PPZS
PPOO
PZSS
POOS
POOS
OOZP
OPOZ
OOZZ

[Diff 3, 5/6]
POZZ
PPSS
PSPO
OZOS
OOZS
OOOP

It might have been better if you had excluded your own choice of class from the data.
But assuming that you switched around your classes, and that you did not change your choices based on the premise in regard to the Veteran class…

This is the overview of your results:

Damnation (5):

• 11 Psykers
  • 4 Zealots
  • 6 Ogryn
  • 7 Sharpshooters

Heresy (4):

• 12 Psykers
  • 9 Zealots
  • 13 Ogryn
  • 6 Sharpshooters

Malice (3):

• 6 Psykers
  • 4 Zealots
  • 9 Ogryn
  • 5 Sharpshooters

Overall:

• 29 Pykers
  • 17 Zealots
  • 28 Ogryn
  • 18 Sharpshooters

Including your own picks, you have a sample size of 92 Characters.
Excluding yourself would leave a sample nice of 69.
Not too bad i would say. Official statistics would be interesting.

People are still at this after all those veteran apologists got schooled?

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd you’re done here.

@Rieven eat it loser

Zealot needs those feats just to survive on half of veteran’s toughness(and generally far worse toughness recovery). I can play without it but even with it I’m having a far, far easier time with veteran(because not only does veteran have some of the best defense, it also has the best offense; the only thing it doesn’t have is a dash on ult).

I know you want everything near shotgun/catachan level

Pretty sure most people want a buff to shotguns(and it did get a slight buff in that it can stagger bulwark out of blocking; still has very poor total ammo + long reload compared to boltgun).

If you can’t do better as vet than as zealot then you’re the one with skill issue.

Zealot has no such thing as “insane CC” because crutchsword has so much cc on light attack(it staggers crushers, and with brutal momentum can keep horde controlled/killed while staggering said crusher) it trivializes melee combat - all you had to do was activate it without getting hit. Crutchsword truly is insane; unlike trashammer of zealot - crutchsword is effective against all targets while having decent mobility(4 dodges, positive sprint speed).
On zealot you only get to choose between big cleave damage or big cc, not both.
(because zealot weapons with brutal momentum don’t stagger crushers on normal cleaving attacks nearly as well, or at all; and those that stagger crushers well enough don’t have brutal momentum or rather anything that lets them cleave through crushers, if not just lacking cleave overall; none of them have as much cleave damage as crutchsword)

For reference: trashammer with no power/stagger bonus can’t even stagger ragers out of combo(it needs around 3 stacks of headtaker, so somewhat similar to heavysword special against ragers - which also needs 2-3 stacks of headtaker to stagger rager out of combo) on its slow horizontal heavy attacks.
“but muh flamer” - nice try at doing the job of one vet melee weapon with both weaponslots(while sacrificing range and gimping the team by negatively affecting vision, denying melee kills…etc.) rofl

Mobility-wise veteran has the option to gain stamina while dodging ranged attacks, imagine if that was on zealot(then you might be somewhat correct for once). Starting out with 200 base toughness gives veteran a lot more room for mistake(read: getting shot) even on damnation.

Zealot’s survivability only comes into play when you facetank many hits, which I guess you do because of your skill issue. Because vet can simply kill everything(what it doesn’t kill, it staggers, and that goes up to crusher - including ragers; what can’t be staggered is killed reasonably quicky at range with very little investment).
And when veteran kills anything in melee it gets 7.5%(zealot default is only 5% like everyone else), another 25%immediately and 25% over time if it’s elite/special/rager, so veteran is far better at not taking damage if you facetank only 1-2 hits at a time. (you can still facetank a lot if you had 75% dr active while having multiple 25%overtime stacks, this is not on a 90s cooldown; but you can run without it and enjoy basically infinite stamina while you’re shot at)

For example one swing of crutchsword has the potential to one shot about 7 groaners on damnation, that’s well over 50% of veteran’s toughness bar(which has base of 200, which means one swing lets veteran recover from as much damage as that which could have taken zealot down to 0 toughness).

It doesn’t matter how fast I spam ult as zealot(and I can spam it pretty damned fast with high cleave/aspd weapons, often even one ult per 1-2 swings) when veteran can stack up so much toughness regen and recover from 0 to 100 by pressing ult just once and shoot some non-trashmob with boltgun(no aim/skill needed). Because the reload feat also gives 60% toughness on ult, remember that 25/25%? I’ll give you a few weeks to do the math.

Especially with the newer modifiers with more specials/elites, veteran just goes into a loop of feeding off elite/special kills(because of aformentioned toughness regen, the overtime part stacks when you kill multiples, 75% DR while ult is on, ult extends when killing highlighted targets, ammo regen on kill, and ability to get 50% reload speed on tactical reload and reload after elite/special/rager kill). Meanwhile zealot gets nothing because elite…etc. kills are the same 5% as everything else.

Zealot is a balanced class; it competes with psykers/ogryn fairly well. Its class exclusives can be powerful sometimes but have massive drawbacks(and very heavily reliant on blessing; you can get powerful combinations like lv4 headtaker + lv4 whatever on a decent roll heavy sword, and you would have achieved the effectiveness of a green crutchsword - and you still suck against crusher/bulwark…etc.).
Veteran is the overpowered class, it must be nerfed. If you don’t like it, go hack the game or something, that sounds more up your alley since you want to unjustifiably feel/be more powerful than others.

@Rieven stay mad cuz bad loser

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback.
My choice is position 1 in every line. Though I play all classes, I did not want to introduce too much variation. This data is biased in that respect. It is quite possible that your choice of character influences the chances of what other characters you meet. The dataset actually suggests this for the psyker - and it would make a lot of sense from a game design perspective.

I second that. The administratum doesn’t want us to know, but FS should have all the data.

Then the resulting overall statistics of classes played by your teammates would be this:

• 13 Psykers
  • 17 Zealots
  • 21 Ogryn
  • 18 Sharpshooters

You said that your stats are from before the latest update.
Since the last update, it seems like the number of psykers has increased, but i have no statistics to back this up.

He’s back :smiley: 39 edits is this you trying to be polite?

Mind your manners comrade hedge will be watching you :eyes:

Yeh it would be nice.

edit aaaand hes gone… lol

Quell is fine.
Brainburst should be made more like grenade:
Make it more “fire and forget” by allowing people to swap to it to mark a target, then do something else as it channels brainburst automatically, swap to brainburst again to “detonate” and do that hand animation. So psyker can do something else(block, melee, even shoot) while brainburst is channeling.

Why even make the player switch back to BB for the detonation, or require to „swap“ to BB at all?
At that point, just press the button to passively auto cast it at an enemy.

Imo, having to actively cast BB is what makes it balanced and kinda fun to use.
If it just happens while you do other things, that is kinda lame and boring and would drastically reduce the risk involved with using the ability, as well as removing a unique gameplay aspect of the Psyker class.

It’d be nice to seem some number from the devs.
Like weapons, classes, maps, difficulty spreads.

To the the “PS needs nerf so I feel better with my personal choice of weapons”-crew - you can rejoice. FS have heard you and turned one of the most fun weapons into something completely annoying and unfun.

Good way to accelerate the shrinking of the player base.

3 Likes

Oh dont worry, if this thread is to be believed. Power sword nerf was just phase 1. They want to nerf the sharpshooter class to the point it’s not even able to do its job.

Oh and i forget the amount of ‘buff zealot to OP levels’ too. What a joke.

3 Likes

Zealot is already top class in the game. It just has a skill floor higher than most zealot mains on the forum can manage.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.