The Crafting Memorial; lest we forget

I enjoy learning/reading what people think until I figure out that they just like the idea of someone reading their faff and they’ve nothing of substance to actually contribute… which is happening on repeat every single week in this thread now.

3 Likes

no, just reply “cool beans” to anything he says

6 Likes

Something like that.

I like Paradox’s forum software. Nice rounded font choice, alot of customisation to stand out. Upvote, Downvote, Karma, freely re-sizeable embedding of images, icons to show off what games you own.

4 Likes

I personally like phpBB for forums. I used it for one of my websites and it was so good because of how easy it is to tweak. Plus it’s open source which means there’s tons of user created modifications/scripts you can download if you don’t want to code features in yourself. It’s a very flexible piece of forum software.

Well, that’s what you get when developer never engages with community. We can all talk to each other about everything, but all that doesn’t matter if developers are lazy fat sharks who have long track record of ignoring any feedback and tanking their games. Every game has issues and problems. But lack of communication in any sort of “live service” game is just recipe for killing your game faster than lack of content.

What else we can do to make community concerns visible if not discussing them and sort of keeping it alive. That’s as far as we can go - feedback, reviews and voting with wallets.

Besides all that was to be said about current failed crafting system was already said. We are making circles but what else there is to do.

6 Likes

Besides all that was to be said about current failed crafting system was already said. We are making circles but what else there is to do.

That’s why I’m not posting all that much anymore, not much to say that has already been said. The Cerobrophage Arc was amusing at first but it’s just boring now. At least Jackal you had to read to see what chaotic nonsense was about to be spouted. I can’t even jokingly ask my friends to play this game without it becoming a gripe session.

5 Likes

Kek. Some Vermintide friends tried to get me back into Darktide. I said: “No thanks!” - then ran away.

3 Likes

I miss him. He still replies sometimes but it was the best when he appeared in every thread with something to say.

2 Likes

Definitely all been said now. Maybe every now and then I throw in reminder of the illogical sense of the crafting from new player and business perspective. But apart from that very little engagement left on forum about it compared to early 2023.

I try to see bright side, bought steam key 2-3 months after launch for £15 and had my fill of hours. If a new game update comes along that changes things, then great but if not then that is the way the cookie crumbles.

2 Likes

There should be an FAQ at the beginning of the thread that points to the usual counterpoints, so whenever somebody comes in and says ‘nah ya’ll just don’t appreciate slot machines’, just reply “please refer to the faq.”

5 Likes

@FASAStampede started it. It got lost in the messages but I think I should honestly.

Put all the threads in the paste bin. (Damn you character limit!)

2 Likes

Aw man. It’s like I’m back at home in /vg/ with the comfy resources anons would place in pasta bins. I personally had a community going on /vg/ but instead of pastabins…
I used a W E B S I T E! It was so cool.
https://monkposter.github.io/index.html

We talked about old school RPGs and stuff. I think the group is still around. I had to stop paying attention to it cuz of real life stuff.

1 Like

You know - That’s a pretty good idea

Let me work on something for @brosgw to add alongside

2 Likes

@Headhunter - take these, do with them as you wish.

3 Likes

Word document completed and has been to submitted to @brosgw PM to pick out some ideas, combine with others and slap into FAQ.

3 Likes

5 Likes

In this case FAQ is more “frequently asserted quibbles” rather than asked questions… nobody’s asking questions; only presenting grievances.

5 Likes

Having a seizure looking at these sentences

Also idk how good an FAQ will be. Sounds great in practice but either people just won’t read it, or already disagree with it on principle and continue to argue.

2 Likes

Yup counter points to usual defences around crafting.

• But you can do T5 with grey weapons “discuss diversity, to minimise repetition”
  • A 370 is good enough “discuss on Breakpoints”
  • Reasonable time, luck, skill - How system takes away game’s time allocation of intended fun of playing missions/building.
  • Crafting UI mechanics and interaction
  • New player first time vs seasoned player experience engagement

Then with indexing can point people to say look at 2A on FAQ OP first post.

It will end up being dynamic over time where anything new/edit can be added to cover and counter anything. If someone defends it in a unique way, excellent can add more counter into FAQ.

I mean I could end the argument in one sentence. “If the crafting RNG is so good why hasn’t anyone asked for “more” RNG to crafting?”

3 Likes

8 Likes