The Big Compendium of Shortcomings

Disagree with very few points but overall i’d sign under this.

Daggers also offer great mobility so less attacks have to be blocked.
Still too dangerous? Try using the Parry trait. It completely negates all defensive shortcomings.

• Specials spawning and instantly attacking.
    Like a pack rat spawning before me, already in the attack animation and grabbing me, all in few moments.
  • A lot of talents are (or at least seem) clearly without competition.
    Main offender are the talents on level 20, never heard anyone use anything but temporary health on kill.
2 Likes

Really? I’ll be sure to test that out, sounds interesting.

Aside from the game being half broken (which was seemingly worse at the V1 launch), I wish shadows weren’t so taxing on the cpu. They are the main culprit for low fps issues, particularly with hordes, since literally everything has shadows loaded in all at once.

I was hoping the game would be better optimized compared to its predecessor, which I had far less issues with as a matter of fact even with hordes. High-end gaming systems shouldn’t have to downgrade to medium-low graphics or even (in my case) turning shadows completely off just to not drop into the 30fps range during hordes, or suffer a 20-30fps idle loss.

1 Like

You raise a great point. Perhaps I should include technical issues in the OP. I myself had the most problems in situations with many particles on the screen, especially when firethrower weapons are used.

It’s been a huge headache for me; I know that frame drops during hordes is nearly impossible to escape. But I would rather not drop below 60fps so I can still react in time with my usual 100-120fps (I keep it capped at 120). The inconsistent frame drops literally do give me headaches, so I have to stop playing after so long or go play a game that doesn’t have such drastic drops. Even while idle the frames just don’t feel that smooth compared to many other games I’ve played (with arguably better graphics). Looking around at a slow, panoramic rate can get blocky even at 120+fps.

Even with all shadows disabled, however, my cpu (a i7-6700k @ %12 oc) just chokes up. My gpu should be able to handle everything as well, since its an overclocked 1080ti. I have 16gb ram, but I’ve seen people with 32gb ram having the exact same issues.

I understand that the game is supposed to be taxing on gaming systems, but at the same time, turning everything off just leaves a slightly better but empty experience.

I should also mention that I’m running the game in 1080p, so not super ultra 4k or anything.

Interesting. My CPU is slightly worse than yours (i7-4700k 3.5GHz ) and my GPU is significantly weaker (770 GTX 4 GB) running on only 8 GB of ram. I run everything on high (but no the highest) and windowed borderless, but with blood decals set to 50. The shadow barely affect my performance as opposed to particle effects.

I have the opposite effect, where particles only affect my fps when theres a flame rat, a stormfiend, a sorcerer, and a horde. In that scenario without shadows I’d get like 40-50fps on average, but with max particles it might drop into the 30s.

I just wish the optimization was like other games where I could just throw on a preset and be good to go. Vermintide 2 is like trying to be a computer engineer to get it to run sub-par at most.

Great compilation of bugs/issues. I agree with almost everything you’ve mentioned. I’d like to add that Shade is rather meh currently, her kit should be looked at, especially the CD for her ability.

good list.

… and please bring back the bounty board!!
so much better than heroic deeds.

just logging in and checking what’s to be done and get today alone felt so great

I think you forgot to mention all the little graphic bugs :slight_smile:
There are at least 10 already in thaal horn’s keep.

I did try it. Once. With Shade, Dual Daggers and geared around crit change (+ Swift Slaying). Even she is not worth taking Critical Hits over Kills. At all. The Lvl20 talents feel wasted.

3 Likes

I actually use the health on boss kill on all my chars. It’s probably because of my VT1-period disdain for regrowth/bloodlust. It makes me play worse if I know I have the room for error thanks to health on kill/crit.