Terrible priorities

It’s not the end of the world.

5 Likes

I wouldnt say they treated their customers bad… not even in the slightest. They communicate, they stream, they put out patches pretty often and critical bugs getting fixed very fast. It’s obvious that they dont work with 100% of their ressources on the PC-Version.
We all can’t judge the the situation of FS, because we don’t work their. Maybe if the PC-Version had less sales, they still would work on the console version… and i guess than the situation would be even “worse”.
The gaming business, is hard business… which communities are always like to show, because they are probably one of the worst part. I mean… look into these forums… so many toxic threads… and that in a forum of a great game… i guess we all can agree that the game isn’t bad at all. So why all the hate?
And if you are really that unlucky with the game come back in a few months… there tons of other games out there which are pretty fun.

So in your opinion removing hats = adding new stuff? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
You know, even bugfixing is better than that.
Not to mention, that out of 8 changes 6!!! were bugfixes. 2 left is a super minor tweak to some challenge and removal of fun hats.
So where is your “new stuff”?

Though they at least left portraits from the mod - gotta give them that. I think we should also thank mod creator - idk if FS would have done that if it wasn’t for the mod and players hot love of it.

Yeah, not like FS already sold over 1kk copies, by releasing an Early Access project. I am sure they desperately need more!

1 Like

For reference, Fatshark AB and FatShark Studios AB had revenue of around 13 million euros in 2016 and a tiny bit less in 2015, which is the years when VT1 was selling.

VT2 sold more than double the lifetime sales of VT1 in two weeks.

This isn’t some little mom n pop shop on the corner.

As for wether or not they have treated their customers poorly, and have extremely bad communications, those points are essentially opinions and if you think they actually have good communication with their players, then nothing I can say could convince you otherwise anyway.

2 Likes

Ye olde Fatte Sharke?

6 Likes

I guess we can agree on that because that’s also all I have to say to you, too :man_shrugging:

It’s not like they are gonna go bankrup if they don’t release the Xbox version. But instead of focusing on the improvement and development of THIS game we have right now, they pour resources into porting this “unfinished” product to console in pursuit of more money. Instead of… using said resources to improve and expand the PC version

Wait… I knew one company that went this way… yes… I think they call themselves EA. Money > customer

7 Likes

It makes sense from a business point of view. What company would turn down more money? It’s not like the current PC version is unplayable. The biggest issues in the game, that everyone seems to complain about are Red items and cosmetics. These were things that you normally wouldn’t get until you put serious hours into the game anyway. Now you can get them from lvl up boxes, so it’s a bit more concerning to the general player base instead of the top tier of players that can complete Legend runs every round.

To be perfectly honest, I’m pretty sure these guys are just going to do what most gaming companies do and port the exact same patches to console, as they did to PC, in the same order. With bugs and everything included. If major triple A gaming companies do this, you can bet your ass they are as well.

I wouldn’t say that the game is unplayable, and I’m fine with the cosmetics/red drop rate (though I would definely do something about the duplicates…) and even though I do understand the business point of this move, it only shows where their priorities are.

1 Like

The droprate for hats still seems to be very, very low, but of course it’s hard to be sure because RNG will love some people and screw some people over. Considering so many of the hats are just completely laughable no-effort joke-hats, the droprate could be much, much higher.

6 Likes

Ye you are right. It’s quite sad that there are like… 2-3 different hats for each career, and most of them look really lame.

2 Likes

There’s a lot more than 2-3, I think I have at least 5 just on my WS? The patch not to long ago added in more than 110 hats.

that’s 110 cosmetic items, which include hats/skins/frames

1 Like

Even if that might ruin the company in the long run?

2 Likes

There’s hardly any examples of this happening. Look at EA, probably the most hated gaming company in the world. The new Battlefield is still going to have massive sales lol.

And lets be real, most of us here on this forum have more than 100 hours on this game. Yet, we’ve been on here bitching for months. We’re like the abused housewife that won’t file for divorce. kek

Me personally, I think the game is progressing decently. I really hope they allow modders to make custom maps and I really hope new maps are added in soon. Red item duplicates are really annoying, but it’s not the end of the world. Remember, just a few weeks ago we were complaining about lack of red items altogether. While these things may be frustrating, and annoying. I’m not going anywhere, and neither are most of you. Now lets just wait for fatshark to get drunk and beat us with the next patch notes.

Well, we are here, bitching because we love the game and its concept, we see its potential and want it to improve, expand and be better than it is now.

It’s not like we are forced to endure this crap… but instead of ditching our efforts and leaving, we want this game to progress and change in a healty and good way. We care.

1 Like

Well, I think they realized that if they brought out that promised dlc even after fixing pc version, sale numbers would be abysmal because alot of people jumped ship already or shelved the game for a long while. So they focus on console, because they hope for another explosion like on PC release.

The first DLC is free, if I remember correctly that is… Can someone else confirm? Pretty sure from what I remember, the first DLC is going to be free, or maybe only for beta testers? I don’t even remember where I read this now lol

Considering everyone who owns the game right now is playtesting the Early Access, it should just be flat out free to existing customers. It’s less than the least they should do.

5th April :

They talked about a season pass, so we will have to pay it.