Terrible priorities

Somehow all these issues are so difficult to fix yet they manage to make time to remove fun elements the game has . Like I said if they aren’t easy to fix maybe they should dedicate the time to fixing things that ruin the game for everyone instead of removing things that make the game more enjoyable. It’s absolutely backwards.

1 Like

coding is easier now than it has ever been before. there are better tools and prewritten libraries and midware stuff. and we’re talking about simple stuff like making sure bardin completion links to bardin achievement.

these sorts of bugs are equivalent to a McDonald’s worker giving you a chicken sandwich instead of a quarter pounder.

as someone who knows a lot about coding, this is pathetic.

Honestly I have my suspicion that Fatshark’s art and design team just makes the graphics assets and a list of how they want it then ships it off to some Chinese sweatshop or something to actually program it.

for an example, it would be ORDERS of magnitude more difficult for a team to code Quake for the first time than produce any random AAA title today. you’d just have a bigger art team for aaa titles

1 Like

To be honest, while there are tons of little things and kinda-big things that they could work on or fix, I continue to play this flawed game so much already, even with bugs and not having dedicated servers, and I’d rather have something new-ish to keep from getting burnt out.

Fixes are nice, but I’ve have a pretty stable and engaging experience for 200+ hours now playing the same content over and over again.

How about, revamp veteran items?
Perfect stats, sure. But maybe a 3rd Property roll? Or 2 orange traits?
It’d be more meaningful to get them now. I don’t really think it’d affect balance very much, and it just seems like it puts red items on the level they feel like they should be, considering the drop rates. If you’re just playing for reds at “end-game”, they should at least feel worth getting in a practical sense. An actual upgrade?

Maybe a daily/weekly strike mission, basically a unique deed everyone has access to.
Challenges are appreciated, but it’s borderline too-little too-late. They don’t really add anything refreshing to do.

1 Like

You can still do the cut scene skip. Just keep hitting the tab button and right mouse click right after the loading screen with the text. When it goes black and you see the icon in the bottom right corner. Then when the game starts to show the map, you will have the character info screen up. Just hit enter twice and then the ESC key.

1 Like

Also guys, I think the hats were fixed along with other problems. Basically it was an across the board fix for the official relm and modded relm. The double weapon mod carrying over into the official relm was broken.

The hats weren’t the real problem, the double weapon mod was. It allowed for a lot of exploits.

1 Like

I guess you didn’t actually read the patch notes.

Continuing the discussion from Vermintide 2 - Patch 1.1.0.4:

I would disagree, and many people have, both in this thread and others. We don’t want to see wacky stuff in our official relm. Keep that in the modded relm, that’s the whole reason we have a modded relm.

5 Likes

I had a glance , I later came to that conclusion after looking at the borders. I thought it hadn’t been fixed because I still had the border on from the mod.

It has been stated, but I’ll say it again. Maybe read it slower so you can understand. The hat bug wasn’t just people wearing hats from different careers. It also brought in 2 known, many other potential game breaking exploits. I’m not on FS side all the time, but this was an important fix.

5 Likes

I just had a look at the 1.1.0.4 patch on steam and it doesn’t say anything about a game breaking bug or the double weapon equipping I’ve heard about, though it does say :

“The game now validates equipment and cosmetic items, so that you can’t end up with Bardin’s hats on Kerillian’s body. Now, fun times in the modded realm won’t spill over to the more serious, official realm.”.

It’s a bit vague and easy to miss but I assume that the hats weren’t the only issue despite the patch note being more centered on the hats than anything game breaking.

I’d guess that most of the dev team was (and still probably is) working on the console version, instead of focusing on PC and the issues we have right now.

Don’t understand…

1 Like

You know… when they released a patch with many bugfixes and balance adjustments, people cried about that they haven’t done enough changes to the systems, or added new stuff… now they are trying to add new stuff and systems and people cry about that there are not enough bug fixes…

Opposite Thread here:

You have to decide at one point :man_shrugging:

How many people wotk at Fatshark right now? I doubt that it is a large number, so we can’t really expect to see any rapid or large changes/releae of new stuff… I get that.

What I don’t understand though is why they are working on console version as well. Wouldn’t it be better if they just focused all of their resources into one platform until all the issues are resolved, and then move on to the next?

2 Likes

No, because there will always be problems. And it’s not like the game is unplayable or not fun at all.

People complain about that they have no more fun in the game after 300, 400 or 500hrs because of the bugs or no cosmetics… Duuuuude you played 500hrs of the same few maps over and over again… maybe that’s the problem?!

Then lay the game to the side for two or three months or come back with the first DLC… but complaining about a game isn’t fun after a shitton of hours into it, seems like a bad joke.

4 Likes

The release of a console version means more money.

1 Like

Curse them that they want to pay their employees, feed their families and invest in new projects!!!

Just sayin’

1 Like

Yeah… Agree. I mean yeah bugs and cosmetics and etc need fixing, but they’re going to seem worse with constant exposure.

They sold tons and tons of copies on PC, and treated their PC customers very, very badly as I have outlined previously in this very thread already.

Focusing on cashing in on console before fixing the game for PC or even making a single attempt at restoring goodwill can quite rightly be called calleous and greedy. They don’t need the money to “feed their families”, it’s about profit, of which they already made a ton on the PC version.

7 Likes