Still Waiting On Realism Mode

A new patch was released and a Left For Dead style realism mode was not added. I really want this because the game is far too easy right now.

I want weapon impacts on friends and foes to have consequences. I want to have blood in my stool after a boss fight.

3 Likes

Well, go play L4D? That’s what I do.

Holy wordfilter, I just realized we were told it’d be added soon early on soon after V1 launched. I actually forgot over the three years that have passed.

I guess a feature has a higher chance of being added if Shatshark never say they’re going to add it.

1 Like

I second this. Legend is a way to easy.

What do you expect from a realism mode?
I pesonally would like it with no crosshair, no temp health, no 360 block and no ammo regeneration.

2 Likes

“Legend is too easy”, then search for a qp match and you meet only incompetents… guys, every game after 1000 hours or played with headphoned friends become easy: you are only a small minority.
Make a new difficulty bring away tons of time and resources… that should be spent for more useful things, like dedicated servers, bug fixing, new content…

Sure I use headphones but I’ve never played with friends and I still go through legend with ease. At 1000 hours there is nothing left to gather or find. The only thing left is the gameplay itself but when the game is too easy to pose a real challenge… it’s not a very rewarding game then is it.
Granted the devs should spent every resource on more pressing issues like bug fixes etc. That should be priority number one but that doesn’t take away other issues like the difficulty level of legend. At some point everybody is going to reach a high number of hours ingame and then qp wont have any bad players at all.
For the record I dont find qp to be overly populated with bad players any more.

I can only imagine melee friendly fire to be the most annoying thing ever in this game
I do agree however that the game right now is far too easy. One thing I have thought about is an official doubles mode, where you play as a team of 2 instead of 4. 2 tomes and 1 grim. As for rewards, there should be maybe a guaranteed emperor vault or so.
It would be fairly easy to implement, and fs would keep us try hards happy at least for a few more months.

1 Like

Sure I use headphones but I’ve never played with friends and I still go through legend with ease

Maybe you are a true veteran, I’m happy for you (no sarcasm)… but the majority still struggle on legend… while bug fixing, dedicated servers and new contents are “promised” features that help every player.

I’m not totally against it, IMHO I’m talking just about priority.

Meanwhile, veteran players that can beat the game in solo, have deeds and mods.

2 Likes

Cannot agree more. Let’s wait until the bugs are fixed. Bored? - Build off-meta.

1 Like

Don’t forget: No reviving, healing with health packs should take several minutes (dressing wounds takes time), no blocking while picking people up, getting hit should cause bleeding wounds that gradually reduce your health, any hit should reduce your max health, your weapons should become dull and eventually break when hitting too many armoured enemies and Sienna, Bardin and Keri shouldn’t be allowed to be played since magic doesn’t exist and dwarves and elves aren’t a real thing.

4 Likes

I’m not all all disagreeing. I just don’t think it would take much effort to make a new difficulty. Reading through some of the forum discussions, it’s clear that there are more than a few asking for this.
Increasing the hp, dmg and maybe horde size and composition would be an easy fix.

I think the best option right now in terms of minimizing the effort/output ratio would be to open deeds for joining and making it convenient through the lobby browser. That would buy them time to clean their mess up and make the player base actually play the goddamn deeds in the meantime.

I think the easiest way would be to make deeds a mutator system you could turn on and off. Everything is already there and no new balancing would be required.

2 Likes

Sounds good to me but your previous reply what actually very, VERY interesting. Except the last part about bardin and sienna ofc.
" No reviving, healing with health packs should take several minutes (dressing wounds takes time), no blocking while picking people up, getting hit should cause bleeding wounds that gradually reduce your health, any hit should reduce your max health, your weapons should become dull and eventually break when hitting too many armoured enemies"

To be able to finish a legend run like that would require everything that it doesn’t require now.
Recruit for noobs
Veteran for semi experienced players
Champion for seasoned players
Legend for very skilled players
Nightmare for the the most skilled players

1 Like

Oh, I have more ideas! I mean, it would be totally realistic if there was permadeath in realism mode. And once you cleared a mission in realism, you could never do it again, since you cleared it and you cannot just revert time and undo your heroic deeds. Also, if all of your characters are dead, the game automatically uninstalls and deletes your complete profile.

Do you do White Runs? Even on lower difficulties?

Legend isn’t the most difficult. Recruit difficulty, with all white weapons and trinkets, no temp health talent, and a team of people who are new to the game and reckless Leroy Jenkins soon livens things up. Try this on harder difficulties to understand how the current “hardest” difficulty is padded through power creep over the last 4-5 patches and abuse of the most broken Meta builds.

Add into that the fact there a huge swathes of players who are actually very very good at the game.

To completely refute my own statements I agree entirely with the opening statement - Legend isn’t legendary. To fabricate difficulty by hamstringing our own builds isn’t how this should work. If I want to really ramp up the difficulty I suppose I could dislocate several fingers but this still doesn’t change the fact Pyro is comically broken and the most often reason for Legend fails - for me at least - is getting a spanking by AI on crack(still) or getting a hyperhorde overhead from CW or Maulers or hookrats and assassins downing too many at once…

@Licious-D has taken things to the extreme, but it’s a valid point.Some of my best “failures” have been an epic struggle when one player valiantly falls, another struggles to revive and succumbs to the enemy leaving 2 warriors back to back to make a final, forlorn last stand against the tide. No bosses, No Assassins with seven league boots and no gang of bulletproof hookrats yanking me into a tree. This is realistic defeat rather than Spawn lobbing you into the arms of a patrol.

I suppose I can see a buff to many enemies happening in the future, and to be honest I feel like Hordes and Specials have been given a little sniff of Marching Powder, as the hordess seem to last longer with more hyperdensity and specials are spawning in fours or fives again.

Uh, but realism in the context of the Warhammer world and realism in the context of our world are two entirely different things. If I create a fantasy world where there will be magic capable of some things, then when someone makes a game set in said world, someone using magic to do those things will be realistic in the context of said world. I really don´t get or like people who are always “hurr durr, it is fantasy/sci-fi, it isn´t supposed to be realistic” whenever someone says anything about improving the realism, coherence, and immersion of a fantasy or sci-fi. Not like I personally need no crosshair etc. in V2, but your argument is absolute garbage, as well as a strawman in this case.

I really don’t get or like people who are always “hurrdurr I don’t get it when people are obviously making a joke”.

Oooooh, the “I was sarcastic/joking” save. GG.