So no community update today?

I remember bugs coming back every major patch. We joked about lack of version control… but it kept on happening.

1 Like

My guess is they each work on branches and have to merge them to the release branch before releasing a patch, and their workflow only integrates the updates to the main code when they want to release. (i.e. patches dictate the release, not the opposite.)

They could flip this around by integrating as soon as a feature is done, tested and added to patch notes, and release more often with smaller changes. Steam doesn’t charge for patches so should not be an issue. I know they’re looking for an agile team lead, I hope they find a good one who will be able to bring change to FS’s workflow.

1 Like

I hope they have proper version control this time. It would be absolutely nuts if the issue of major bugs being reintroduced at every major patch happened again.

Oh boy.

1 Like

Taking bets on whether or not we get another “next week” response

100$ for next week

They’re not gonna have much of a community left by the time they manage to cobble a few words together for their PR drones.

3 Likes

I like how this post is more and more relevant every single day

2 Likes

Wait till you find out about the Weekly Q&A and Feedback Thread on Reddit

1 Like

Similar to the Weekly Q&A thread that has run for a long time on the r/Vermintide subreddit, it is intended for players to ask questions about the game and get answers from other players, not as a way to get responses from developers

I can understand wanting a way to directly communicate with the devs but that’s never what it was intended for as far as I am aware

1 Like

Aaand the answer is: