So no community update today?

There is a design issue obviously, devs don’t know what they are trying to make. MMO hub, but it’s not an MMO. Random missions like in DRG? But maps are not proceduraly generated. There is no strong vision in this game.

2 Likes

They’re really committing to our immersion experience. I really feel like a reject!

4 Likes

… and this is why the updates are late. As soon as anything is incorrect or plans change everyone is up in arms about broken promises. I’d much rather take part in the discussion of possible directions a game might be headed, but that’s never going to happen as long as we have this.

That the game is unfinished and should not have been released is another issue. People want fast changes. That’s simply not realistic. It’s not like game development is going to stop being time consuming just because FS shipped an unfinished product.

2 Likes

Sole focus should be the stuff labeled with “Coming Soon”!

1 Like

It turns out the community update was inside of us all along.

5 Likes

What about the patches so far that were pushed back by X days because they weren’t ready, yet still ended up having incorrect patch notes getting edited after the fact

5 Likes

The real journey were the community updates we’ve made along the way.

3 Likes

Well if they edit the patch notes fast enough they aren’t inaccurate anymore. Like the conditions quietly going from 3 to 1.

Next week is important for FS.

2 times already they delayed their communication.

They told us « again » it will come next week. Let’s see. I can’t imagine the backlash if they delay again (at least Reddit will be informed not like us)

1 Like

At this point just accept it… they dropped the ball hard… its a massive revolt on steam where its swung to mostly negative… The poor community reps have to lie… or try to make up anything positive… because whoever is actually in charge is stunned an confused on how they let it all go this wrong … /shrugs… Gonna be another Aliens Fireteam Elite… dead within the first 6 months… with a core of 100 or 200 people playing… sad considering it has good bones… just POOR management…

Hopefully someone at FatShark will lose their job… an maybe we can get someone with vision… or at least competence who takes over an maybe rights the ship a bit… There is no saving this game without alot of work, but it could be done… The problem is the corp. need to cut failures off, an focus on making money… they dont like to give things a chance to grow… its either catch fire… or burn to ash…

Thing is, by delaying and pushing back they also increase expectations for what they’re going to address.
And again, FS, you don’t have to fix it all now, nor give us a clear roadmap of everything, but you at least have to acknowledge the ugly so that we can begin to trust you on fixing it.

4 Likes

They got themselves into this position though. By drumroll bad (complete lack of) communication in the first place.

“Only” two months. Look… you can’t throw a supposed 1.0 out there and have actual named features in game greyed out. that’s a hallmark of early access where it would be totally fine.
But the worst hting is the constant crashes, server issues and bugs they know about. Not addressing those in “just” two months is unacceptable!

I get it you like the game. That is great! But defending THIS FS attitude and conduct is really weird.
Bad steam reviews are totaly deserved…

3 Likes

This is really bizarre and makes me think we’re missing something. Why not just roll a patch that, oh I dunno, fixes text typos, then the next day something else minor like that etc? Why pool these changes up?

1 Like

Cause they were exclusively working on the console port… but they would avoid to claim it. In other words, they had not worked on the PC version and failed in their game live service feature.

1 Like

No matter how harmless each patch may seem to us, there is always a possibility it will break something + overhead. So there is always risk assessment and cost/benefit.

1 Like

Well I’d say its a certainty, not just a possibility. :grinning:

1 Like

Let’s say there is a slight possiibility it won’t break anything. When I recall how easily anything can break VT2… Do you remember the insane time to patch the most glaring, obvious, issues like #NAME?

4 Likes

Complain to the Swedish consumer agency to put a fire under their asses to communicate better. Under the laws of their country, we have a right to be informed before we make the purchase. Seeing as how we haven’t even been informed after the purchase, they’re breaking the laws of their own country, or something like that.

1 Like

Outright lied to before and after purchase, more like.

1 Like

First, no that’s not a law, anywhere. “trade secret” is an easy counter example.

You, and many others were allowed to play the game for several weeks before release. You had the ability to be fully informed about the state of the game at release and if you were not happy should have requested a refund.

2 Likes