So..... Grail Knight Kruber

At the end of the day, we can say that U5 by entering that warp trap portal in V1 altered some timelines in Rick and Morty tradition so we have Slayer, Shade and GK. Sienna is the only one that wasn’t affected - winds of magic is strong with her I guess.

I was always under the impression that for Kruber FK is the ‘canonical’ career. It’s the one used in the prolog. I played it again just know and saw that someone gave Victor the premium hat. Funny.

Pretty sure they took FK because his ult is easiest to get whats going on in this tutorial and to tease you what class you can play

well we have the throwing axes for Slayer, and since that mechanic can be well reused and reminds a little of Thors Hammer in Avengers you already know what will come next…

THROWING SHIELDS :eyes: umgak

I have two ideas for what Grail Knight Kruber’s ult could be, though one is probably a bit too fantastical…

1. Kruber raises his weapon high and shouts “For the Lady!”
    A beam of light shines upon him, and extends a protective corona around him that deals damage to all enemies that stay inside of it. Depending on the ult talent, players who stay inside it take reduced damage or receive THP, or enemies are slowed down considerably.

2. Kruber, once again, raises his weapon high and shouts “For the Lady!”
    But with this one, he mounts a horse, which is immortal, can run over enemies and stumble bosses.
    Kruber can attack enemies while on horseback.
    Depending on the ult talent, Kruber equips either a lance, a greatsword or a sword and shield.
    The lance lets him charge with increased damage, but Kruber cannot attack otherwise.
    The greatsword yields better damage while swinging from horseback.
    The sword and shield deals normal damage, but massively increases the Ü5’s speed.

I always thought it was Merc in the Prologue.,Picking up the bow,charging about jsut to show you everything you could do.

I really think just the next class specific thing to do after grail knight is killing the elve and bring in cousin okri !!! :+1:t4:

1 Like

I want Bardin as an engineer and rune smith. Beards are best, can’t change my mind xD

2 Likes

I’ve actually come to like the idea of Sienna wielding other winds of magic. Yes, its lore heresy but if that what it takes for new stuff then I’ll have to accept that. And I suppose you can do a lore-wise rewriting that she is actually a run-away from the collage you’re currently playing as.

1 Like

Strange women lying in ponds distributing blessings is no basis for a system of leveling. Supreme power derives from a democratic mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

You can’t expect to wield supreme chivalric power just ’cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!

(For real though, as per the lore, anyone CAN indeed be a Grail Knight, as judged by the example of the peasant Geg https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Geg_d'Wainfleet)

7 Likes

Well, yeah.

I suppose the knighthood before can then be skipped according to new lore from the TW game. But there’s still a problem. Geg was a Bretonnian and acted in Bretonnia. He was not a Reiklander acting in the Empire.

So no, it remains that only male Bretonnians can become Grail Knights even if they’ve skipped the whole thing with nobility and the quest as a prequisite. New lore may come to make it even more inclusive but until that lores comes, I don’t throw out the old lore by the window.

1 Like

What’s the source for this story? When I clicked on the source link it came up as “Page cannot be accessed”.

If they can make this work, then there’s hope that they can introduce Genevieve Dieudonné in the future :joy:

I’m excited for a new class though. Really looking forward to it and most importantly, the new weather system.

3 Likes

…as a “non walking” corpse.

2 Likes

shots fired

2 Likes

There’s a small difference here. Nothing tell us that you need to be bretonnian. It’s just that it happens in Bretonnia. As the empire and bretonnia are kinda composed of humans, and as nobility is not needed. It’s not weird to see a ‘what if’ story where Kruber ends up in Bretonnia for whatever reason.

Interesting read, at least. Thanks!

Now I got a bit irritated.

Its rather clear that you need to be a Bretonnian and in the 2nd edition RPG for Bretonnia its spelled out that only male Bretonnian nobles can become Grail Knights. The Lady isn’t tricked by disguises or illusions.

Its perfectly clear to me, if not totally spelled out exactly, that the Lady cares for the Bretonnian nobility. There is NO reference to my knowledge ofher or her damsels having ever lifted a finger to act outside of Bretonnia. There’s a reason in my mind why she went to every single duke in Bretonnia to let them sip from the grail, but not a damn person in Kislev, Tilea, Estalia or the Empire has been given that chance.

Does that make the Lady xenophobic, sexist and elitist? Probably yes, because in Warhammer most people, including important people on the good side, are not +A Good in every sense and in fact a few of them are assholes.

Could new lore change this? Absolutely, but I’ll wait until I get that lore from officially sanctioned sources.

EDITED: As for Kruber in Bretonnia, he does mention that he was there. Plundering and looting. Not something that is likely to make him a chivalric figure from a Bretonnian point-of-view.

5 Likes

Welp, I think that news just broke the camel back for me, and I’m out of FS business for good.

I’ve asked for new character since day one, ESPECIALLY for bretonnian (a knight and a damsel) because that would be a good way to expend the roster, reduce the chance of your character to be already taken (3/5 chance right now) and make for good expansion material.

Imagine if we got a proper “Bretonnia DLC”, with Beastmen as new enemies, a complete new chapter (ie 4 maps with a boss at the end) all centered around Bretonnia and beastmen.

This would have been great.

But what do we get instead? A garbage and nonsensical new spec for a character and… that’s it.

Yeah, at this point it’s pretty clear to me that FS has no clue on how to do proper new content, I’m out.

2 Likes

I like your ideas here. After reading up and researching the GK a bit, the horse mounting (or even a horse charge) seems to be the most obvious thing for a GK to have as an ult. Though I agree it might be too much and not realistic to have all those nuances with different weapons equipped causing different effects etc.

Unfortunately I think the reality of it is that it’s either going to be another dash/charge of some sort or some sort of steroid (similar to that of Slayer and Zealot ult where they get an AS and/or damage buff). But after reading up on the lore, here are my two cents on what I’d like to see for his ult:

(WARNING, KIND OF LONG POST AHEAD. TL;DR AT THE BOTTOM)

1. Similar to your first ult, I read up on how when they become Hermit Knights and die. The ground around them is basically “consecrated” because of their presence and all unholy things of the like essentially burn when entering the area. So why not apply it here? Kruber can stab a sword into the ground and the surrounding area would become “consecrated” and burn all enemies in it with a holy fire or whatever. The damage can be equal to or greater than a flame barrel (same for area consecrated).

I think this would provide interesting game-play as usually we try to take on hordes/patrols in an open area and avoid tight corners and crammed spaces because high density and waterfall is a thing. With an ult like this, you could use the tight spaces to your advantage and survive when you’d otherwise have wiped. I think this opens up team comps a bit and allows for more close quarter or melee focused comps (ex. anything with shotguns, flame staff/conflag, hard melee like slayer/zealot) to be punished less for needing the enemies to be closer to be effective. This would also play to the lore that GKs never give ground and defend places to their death.

1. I read that GKs in battles have a swarm of “battle pilgrims” that surround them and attack things that aren’t worthy to fight the GK. I think that would be an interesting ult to have. Just summon 3 or 4 bots that help fight the hordes. They probably wouldn’t do much other than auto-attack enemies for some moderate damage and then die. Could either make it a timed duration or they have health equal to a SV (or something of the like) and die via taking hits from the enemy.

I think this kind of ult would make game-play pretty interesting as it could provide pressure relief from a horde that is getting a bit too much to handle. Alternatively they could taunt similar to that of IB except single target and it would prioritize bigger threat enemies up to CWs or Maulers. You could even take a step further and have it prioritize the taunts on disablers. Imagine popping your ult right before a hook rat/assassin/leech gets you but instead the bots take the hit for you. I imagine that would be a programming nightmare but alas, you get the idea.

1. Finally, I learned that they are just straight up an Anti-Large unit. That being said, I have heard a friend or two mention that his ult could be like a BH/Pyro/Shade ult but in the form of swinging a mighty (insert stoic holy weapon of some sort bestowed by the lady) at a target and doing massive damage…or maybe even a massive cleave that also does massive damage (if talented). Anyways, something like that and the GK could turn into a boss killing class because you know…there’s art out there that depicts them soloing daemon princes. So I imagine they can handle a chaos spawn pretty well.

Anyways, sorry for the long post. I think there’s a lot of potential here and I like the ideas you gave.

TL;DR

• Consecration ult around where Kruber places it. Basically an over-tuned flame barrel. Obviously won’t hurt teammates. Can talent into them being healed or gain THP in it over time or whatever.

• Summon bots that fight for you for X amount of time or until their health runs out. The dream is that they are able to taunt single units like SV or CW but even more awesome would be taking hits from disablers.

• A one-hit wonder ult similar to BH/Pyro/Shade in the form of swinging a giant sword or something holy that the lady would give to a GK. Could talent it into being a giant cleave instead that also does massive damage. Basically become another boss killing class.

3 Likes