So end game events difficulty balance in legend

It is intended, thats a piece of code taken from the game.

Just because something is in the code doesn’t mean it works in practice the way the designer intended, like being able to quickplay Deeds. They obviously wanted to make the finale harder, which they did. But the way they did it can result in massive difficulty spikes, which was probably not intended.

1 Like

While I agree with Froh about HoM and Skittergate, I can’t agree about Convo and Fort simply because both of those maps are unique in encouraging team coordination.
At Fort most pug players (that I played with) try to defend cannonball instead of staying a little bit further so enemy flow comes from one direction - not every possible. I wish that they made Fort less static by making us borrow every cannonball, so it would be similar to Black powder (one of my favorite V1 maps).

If you disagree for Convo, try to do the challenge again “Stay in the pool” the whole ritual (if you’ve already done it).

I’ve done it before it got nerfed.

Now do it with legend skilled players instead =p

That was with legend skilled players. and it took a few tries, but we got it.

Challenge is supposed to be challenging. It’s some extra entertainment for those who feel confident with the game or simply have nothing else to do. As someone said already terror events shouldn’t be built around the challenge. Challenges are built around the idea of completing the event in an unusual way.
Try it w/o books: I hardly believe you will have any problems.
I did Convo challenge but I don’t remember terror event state at that moment.

Legend challenges should not require cataclysm able players. Only legend able players.

2 Likes

This doesn’t contradict my opinion in any way.
If someone plays legend regularly - that doesn’t mean they’re legend able. If one can complete fullbook legend map doesn’t mean anything - you can do that with bots. A deep understanding of game mechanics (and bugs :wink:) is what makes player legend able.

being able to beat legend with 2 grims regularly doesn’t make you legend able? what?

IMHO monks are just not fun at all. Mix them in with a horde and you’ve got an unreasonably hard time dealing with the monks as they fly at you at 200 mph.

Legend-able is such a broad term. How do you define it? Do you look at it individually or as a team? Do you look at classes they play? It’s so broad and so much matters i think personally, unless you define ‘legend able: able to true solo a legend run’ but i don’t think anyone defines it like that so alot matters.

Like for example: alot of players have no trouble completing skittergate, but wipe on final boss, does that make them not legend able? Does a player who can complete cata qp’s and wipes on legend because of bad teammates, make him not legend able?or a certain event overtuned?

1 Like

Yea monks are pretty annoying, but thats just a monk issue

Ramping up the difficulty at the end events reduces the number of completions a person manages and reduces the flow of shillings.

I believe the other “easier” maps such as Festering Ground, Halescourge, Empire and Against the Grain will have buffs added to their end events to slow the completion rate of those maps too. Old Haunts got an end event buff with the good old Plague Monk Gang Bang being the go-to method of hammering teams into the floor and preventing completion.

This means FS don’t need to add hats for 2.5k, and can keep the price at 300-900 shillings as people will not be getting shillings at such a high rate - completion of the map is the only way to accumulate things to complete the weekly events.

It’s a meta-decision to protect the Lohners Emporium from players being able to clear it out.

[edit] the problem with monks and zerkers for me is that there doesn’t feel like a backstab sound - especially when they redirect their windmilling into people - and so I very often end up on the floor thinking “where the F did they come from?” especially if they drop quite close behind you, 1 or 2 minutes after their Extinction Rebellion screeching begins.

Really? I ran there yesterday and every wave had 6-ish monks, 6 stormvermin and 2-3 specials as well as the usual heaps of smaller rats.

Then there was this final wave after firing the last cannon shot where 9 monks and i have no idea how many stormvermin were out at the same time ontop of a giant heap of rats as well as two assassins and a packmaster.

Well its not always same, like in engines of war, last event can be interesting or completly snooze fest.

But still 9 monks with how ease to maneuverable that map is its not hard just you know use your team its not solo yolo game

9 monks on their own is not too terrible as you say, they do block eachother a fair bit after all and once their initial charge-gapcloser is done one can dodge backwards to disengage to shoot or toss a tomb.

But mix that in with a heap of stormvermin, smaller rats and specials and it turned into nightmare mode real fast.

I counted SV in that too, they are not that hard you can loop them pracitcally infinitely on fort

Every difficulty gets the same amount of shillings so your theory wouldnt work.