Slayer should have more base HP

Lol explain Bounty Hunter having 100 hp then :stuck_out_tongue:

People overvalue barkskin too. It doesnā€™t refresh from taking hits while active so its damage reduction isnā€™t active very much. Get jumped by an assassin and an unmitigated hit will be received every 2 seconds for example. Plus disablers in general will make slayer feel very squishy

@Rumeht I seem to remember you posting very thorough breakdowns of this topic on previous threads. Still think Slayer is kinda problematic?

Itā€™s in the same exact spot more or less. A few bugs getting fixed cleaned up the experience somewhat. But the issues Iā€™ve had still remain and likely will. Still probably the better Bardin career.

Not being able to jump was hair pulling infuriating and thatā€™s been assuaged a bit. Hit confirmation for the heavies are better so things like getting smacked mid 2 hander swing is not a thing anymore. (On the assumption that itā€™s been completely eliminated and my own experiences arenā€™t isolated).

The OP is a bit mistaken, however. Grimnirā€™s Focus is obscenely good. Itā€™s also obscenely inconsistent when not using a 2 hander doing consecutive heavies. This makes it great when itā€™s active and awful when itā€™s not. I should note that Iā€™m all for conditionals on skills. Firing Fury, for example, is great. if you eliminate Grimnirā€™s Focus however, neither Barge nor obvious can pick up that slack. If this had about the enemy spread of L4D2? Barge would be amazing. itā€™s not, so it doesnā€™t. As for Oblivious? Imagine the intelligence of taking a skill that only affects the damage of the two types of enemies that will never be hitting you. All of our damage comes from specials and hordes, most of the time combined. Itā€™s awful.

Thatā€™s about all Iā€™ve got to say about that. Longer posts take a relatively modest amount of effort and go ignored so Iā€™ve washed my hands of that.

3 Likes

Very fair. I, for one, appreciate the time and thought youā€™ve put into your various posts on the topic.

Agreed Grimnirā€™s is inconsistent. If it could be refreshed while active Iā€™d have no issue with it. However, thatā€™d only enhance the issue is the other two talents in that row never being worth picking.

IMO give Slayer 125 health base, nerf Grimnirā€™s down to 30% DR but make it not have to wait to stop being active before you can reactivate it, so itā€™s much more consistent. As far as I can see everyone wins this way, let me know if Iā€™ve missed something here.

4 Likes

I agree with the OP. The problem is that Slayer can be a very tough career or the most squishy oneā€¦ itā€™s just random. Heā€™s the only full melee career , so he should have another type of toughness. When the 50% damage reduction bonus refreshes itself, there is a ā€œnot covered instantā€ā€¦ moreover this game spawns enemies on us, at our back, without emetting sound; backstab sound is bugged tooā€¦ itā€™s too easy take an hit while you arenā€™t attacking.

1 Like

From what I can tell, the Bounty hunter only wears decent armor on the head, but not much on the body. Mostly leather and padding, apart from the arbitrary shoulder plates. Still pretty light armor overall, so why wouldnt it fit?

I find Grimnirā€™s Focus to be very consistentā€“constant and consistent being different things. Buffs might ā€˜feelā€™ nice, but Slayer is the best dwarf career so doesnā€™t need it

Yā€™all stop pretending like youā€™re allergic to Slayer getting 125 base hp. Loreful Slayers (and Perteks) want to die via 1hko from Gors at 300 ping, but most players donā€™t.

FS buffed WHC hp last year and the only person who moaned about it was one guy who was mad other people were having fun with Salt, then. It was a great buff. Same situation here. The midget needs it.

6 Likes

Yā€™all stop pretending that he need hp buff when he is king of CC he dont even need dr resists because he is freaking fast with everything

1 Like

Whatā€™s wrong with my previous suggestion then? He gets more health but loses some damage resistance to compensate, and he actually becomes playable if you donā€™t want to run Grimnirā€™s. Itā€™s just not great for all a characterā€™s defense to rely on one optional talent that basically isnā€™t optional as things are.

Sure heā€™s fine, but does that mean there isnā€™t still plenty more that should be done? Surely not.

1 Like

Maybe Iā€™m misremembering but heā€™s always looked pretty heavily armoured for a 100 hp class. Definitely looks more heavily armoured than Slayer, Zealot, Huntsman, all of the elf classes etc.

I actually think appearance/lore is just not what it should be based around, how much sense it makes with the gameplay balance is much much more important.

If you took away Grimnirā€™s I donā€™t think anyone would say Slayer is ok defensively as is. Itā€™s pretty problematic to hinge all of a classā€™s defense on one talent, which has vastly different consistency on different weapons, hence my previous suggestion.

2 Likes

I think I can agree that Grimnirā€™s Focus kind-of funnels players into having it. So actually the problem lies with the Talent being almost a must-have and making others obsolete, and not the Shrimpy Fellaā€™s HP pool.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.