Sienna's Flail H1 not generating enough THP from stagger

When running the stagger THP talent, the new flail H1 attack only generates THP for the first target hit. None of the enemies staggered by the explosion generate THP.

1 Like

it’s always been that way to my knowledge

2 Likes

I believe it worked for a brief while when flail was introduced, WoM beta? Then it was swiftly patched to not work, I assume because they thought it was too much on that weapon (shields and flame sword I guess they’re cool with?)

1 Like

Seriously? I admit I was taking a break from the game when WoM launched so I have no idea what it used to be like. If this is intentional, it feels very unnecessary. Flail is a low damage, high stagger weapon, it should benefit fully from stagger talents. What’s the point of making a niche weapon that doesn’t interact with everything in that niche?

1 Like

You can still get stagger thp with lights and heavy 2.

Yeah I think it was giving ridiculous amounts but I don’t get why they couldn’t have taken a middle ground approach. Like just cap the amount of THP you get from the attach at, I dunno, 5 or something.

2 Likes

pushes I believe are hard capped to 5

shield slams seem to have no cap though which is…odd to say the least

1 Like

I’ve always been fine with it on shields since, till recent buffs at least, it seemed like a fair trade for their very lacking kill speed.

Flame sword is hella weird, it’s always had a solid dot that makes it pretty different from the shield slam, and especially since it can also just delete everything with Famished these days. Dunno why it gets huge THP gains too. Dagger I’m kind of ok with since it seems to have significantly less range and less stagger? Probably a bit silly there too though if we’re being honest.

Guess it’s all kinda irrelevant though since THP talents have bigger issues, and stagger THP fills such a strong but small niche at the moment, besides sometimes being an on cleave substitute for classes without that option. Oof this is all such a tangled mess at this point. Aaaand this is getting very derailing sorry I’ll stop there.

1 Like
Why not join the Fatshark Discord https://discord.gg/K6gyMpu