'Shadows Over Bögenhafen' - DLC Coming on August 28th

Is there a separate cap for dust and scraps?

20180817133900_120180817133942_120180817133915_1

i mean theres no pretence lol. i suspect alot of them are skins which i cant really get rid of LOL

Im not saying get rid of the cap, Im saying increase it about 4 or 5 times. (and increase 1000 for every future DLC) :D!

Why are you even saving illusions …once u get a vet item they are usless …get on legendary and stop finding unnessasery things for then 2 fix…nobody worries about this

well, saving 30 dupes of each illusion is stupid, thats first.
you can get rid of them, thats second.
salvage one item. craft handgun, apply illusion, salvage, repeat

i wanna save all the extra red when i can turn them into other red :stuck_out_tongue:

and no room to make more orange item to stick skins on atm

I really do feel the same way about not scrapping reds, but at some point you have to be realsitic. How long do you think it will take them (if ever) to integrate a red dust mechanic? Not with this DLC, that you can be sure of. And if you cant even open boxes, or get the cosmetics from challenges (which is another point, how do you not have them already? This amount of reds would indicate you played well over 1000h, no, way, way more, did you only play Kruber…? ok got carried away there), well, then you have to swallow the bitter pill and destroy atleast some reds, to get place for destroying duplicate illusions and such.

i’m at 850 ish hrs atm
i have the 100 hats for all 3 specs for victor and merc. working on huntsman atm. im hoping they’ll do something on the 28th with the DLC :smiley:

I gave up being so naive some time ago, but i’m glad there are still some people who have not given up their hope.

2 Likes

i got v1 pretty much on its launch day i think. and it was launched near the end of the year. the dev went on holiday during christmas, new year and i think they came back in late january or febuary (cant remember now XD). the community was on fire while fatshark was “AFK” for like a month or 2. it feels like the same thing right now too. I have more than 1000 hrs in v1 and i know they’ll fix this … eventually :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The red dust mechanic better be in the game alongside this DLC. Big mistake if it isn’t. Red dupes has been one of the loudest criticisms from end game players (most loyal players).

1 Like

It won’t be, at least not in the sense that you’ll be allowed to craft the red you want, because this is Warhammer and Warhammer must have RNG.

That’s what I fear too that you have to scrap two reds to get a random other one (trinkets included).
They should opt the crafting system in a way that allows for the fast creation of the specs that you want and remove as much rng as possible.

But that cap could probably be set to >1million which people practically will never hit… If you can create a 3d engine you can write code which handles 1M simple data entries as well.

i’m guessing you don’t work in IT and don’t know the cost of maintaining this 1M ‘simple data entries’ per person lol.

2 Likes

Also you run the risk of having the game getting bloated and slow when everytime it has to load your inventory it will have to run through thousands of lines and if the data is stored on fatsharks server you will have to run the check from their location which could cause a lot of issues. So yeah, I really don’t see any issue with the 1000 item limit, feels like an issue that could very simply be solved by the user.

I do work with databases and user data and have created system which manages well over 10M entries per user for services which are free to use.

The inventory data doesn’t have to be fetched by anyone except the player who owns it. This means that we have a very simple transaction isolation scenario so potentially everything could be stored in a single database column if you are using a database with some careful design.
If you use the same kind of careful design as you do when creating a 3d engine which have to spit out hundreds of frames per second there is zero problem creating a small inventory system.
Also you wouldn’t save 1M entries per user, most users will probably never exceed the 500 items so the cost analysis is not that everyone maxes out, the majority of players probably stop playing below 100hrs of gameplay… Many services can allow for (practically) infinite storage just because the number of users which actually will use a large amount of data is so low that it doesn’t affect the total cost of running the service in a notable way.

An item could probably be optimised down to something like a 32 bit number (w. bitmasks) to really save space but lets say that it needs 64bits to fit, that’s 64MB bytes per user (as a packed binary blob) which costs nothing in todays world and no-one would probably hit the limit which was the point… it’s easy to compress that kind of data when sending over the wire as well and you only have to send a diff when the state changes anyway…

I’m not saying it’s the right design decision to allow practically infinite inventories, I’m just saying that it’s not that hard to implement, the UI components might be the largest part of the work depending on how flexible their list/grid views already are.

I would much rather see better inventory management UX so that I can find which items I have and sort by property types and values… Right now I just avoid scrapping because it takes too much time figuring out what I want to keep and scrapping something by mistake. Being able to preview illusions would also be nice because the small icons doesn’t really hint at what I have or want to keep more of…

1 Like

Why not make extracting an illusion set it to “available for this account”.
So each illusion gets a 0 assigned from the get go and extracting it once from an item sets it from 0 to 1 and is now usable indefinitely for this account. (similar to transmogs in D3 e.g.)

6 Likes

so u can craft infinitereds xD

Simply make red skins only appliable for red weapons. :wink: