Reskined monsters and a problem with elite dogs

I and all of my friends played vermintide 1/2 for a long time. You know the one thing we didn’t want to see in the new game? The stupid dog type AI…it’s literally the most lazy, cliche, overdone crap show in all horde games. We had enough of this in the last two games let alone all the other games with the same monster types… At least with the trapper (just another reskin ai) you can dodge to the side most of the time and avoid it, the dog? nah it will literally turn mid air to hit you…wonderful job fat shark. With the bruiser (another reskinned -if you can even call it a reskin ai ) yes it’s damage but you have a chance when it throws you. the rest of the game is at least semi playable, we even overlooked the single melee weapon psyker ( it’s warp resistance nuf said) And the lazy inclusion of grimoires giving chaos health chunks AGAIN…it’s not fun, it isn’t new and it was a poor idea the first couple of times around. Then everything past malice takes the fun out and makes it a constant slog of special stacked enemies because endless horde mode all the time. WE’VE SEEN ALL THIS ALREADY. get rid of the overdone reskins and make some new content, different ways for the mobs to attack, new encounters. There are so many cool things in 40k that can be used and so far after the initial excitement wore off all we are left with is a slightly more ranged combat capable rework of the games we’ve all played already. l4d 1-2, vermintide 1/2, back4b the list goes on…and so does the circle jerk of the mobs that are used in all of them. break the cycle.

2 Likes

While this list will never happen. It is based and true.

1 Like

they have a “working” game they could easily move onto disengaging from the reskined BS and going for new content types and make something epic, and it’s there. That’s the most sad part the game has potential, but as long as they put their eggs into overdone old and STILL garbage mob types it will shine for a day and then get snuffed out.

I agree that dogs move in mysterious ways at the moment, and their movements should be smoothed out, but it is certainly possible to dodge their pounce.

1 Like

The dog is among the worst offenders in this game.
-Erratic and unpredictable trajectories (like at least you could dodge a gutter runner when he jumped you because he couldn’t deviate)
-Tanky
-Has a shut load of poise (can’t easily push him off a team mate)
-Has the worst colour profile that blends in with everything in this game (See runners again, they had shiny green blades making them instantly visible)
-Doesn’t give the player a large enough window of opportunity when it is vulnerable

2 Likes

i’m not saying you can’t I’m saying they are broken and even if you dodge most of the time they will hit you anyway.

1 Like