Ranger Vet ammo dropping at his feet

Why don’t they just allow RV to gain ammo immediately when a special is killed, and make a talent that lets it also apply to the entire team, instead of chasing the little bags

Yep, i had kinda the same idea. If you want to give RV full control over drops, while not making it scuffed, it can be like this:

• each special killed adds 1 stack to Ranger Veteran’s counter up to 5, he then can deploy one of these caches at the press of a button (new command needed though).

It would make team interaction in pubs close to impossible though…

Id rather they just grant the ammo right away and avoid the bag minigame, RV could still drop the items similar to how Grail Knight drops potions, and they can replace Grungni’s Cunning with team ammo or extra ammo for player who kills the special, if they want team ammo as baseline.

that’s an option i’m not against, and i’d prefer it a lot more than the beta version of “kill special, then find the dwarf, then find the bag” mini-game, or “detect special kill in killfeed, go search the bag” mini-game.

Though doesn’t huntsman have a very similar talent for ammo regen on special kill?

Apologies, wasn’t trying to belittle your opinion, just expressing (poorly, clearly) how extremely different your experience with the same class seems to be compared to mine, to the point it feels like we’re playing different games.

As such, I won’t continue to debate here as our fundamental perspective seems too different to get anywhere.

I strongly believe this is a very very good change. I’ll leave it there.

4 Likes

Yeah, Shot Crafter, that’s what I’m basing my suggestion on.

1 Like

tbh I’d prefer if the big 30% ammo bags were just removed and the base value was buffed to 15-20% and share and share alike was returned in its place.

Share and share alike could be reworked to just mean that RV’s innate ammo gain on special kills also apply to teammates, perhaps at a lower value for them (assuming we remove the whole ammo bag system completely)

7 Likes

I’m interested in the pickrate Grungni’s Cunning, it’s always been a top pick mainly as a bandaid fix to some of RV’s problems. The recent patch was a huge improvement at least.

Selfish ammo sustain + an option for it to be supportive would put it in line with how other passives work. For example: Paced strikes > Strike Together.

I don’t play Legend and below but I still worry how Survivalist performs in those difficulties where specials are more sparse. He is an introductory career, might feel bad to expect ammo and barely get any in recruit/veteran.

2 Likes

I agree, this change does not fit with his survivalist them, on top of that, looking down after every special kill is annoying.

3 Likes

Love the change. I’ve never run anything other than 30% ammo (except when using throwing axes) and not the ale talent is extremely usable.
You get first pick for ammo and ale, allowing slower melee weapons to feel good (played with 2h axe) and still get enough ammo to play like a reached career.
Since there is a on screen prompt when you are standing right on top of your drop you dont even need to look down all the time.

3 Likes

I find the change awkward as hell. We usually play hypertwitch with the 3 of us, and have RV bot with 30% ammo talent fill the last spot. Now after killing a special, we have to go look for the bot, try to figure out where he was a few seconds ago, and go and pick up the ammo (which is a hassle, since bots like to teleport from player to player, or walk waaay out of line from where we are, cause there might be a ratling gun on the other side of the map)

7 Likes

Best of both worlds solution would be to have ammo drops always on a special dead body, and ale/pot/bomb always on Bardin.

If RV specs for ale or bomb/pot talent, it usually means he wants to use them with his build, so he gets control over these drops. While ammo drops are more universally applicable and needed for teammates. And teammates may not be aware what RV talent they have in the party, but still they can expect an ammo drop where specials die, that’s good because consistency.

This will also fix an issue of stacked ale inside ammo.

4 Likes

I think ammo dropping at the person’s feet that kills the special would be best. Ideally ale, pots, and bomb drops should not be RNG but after X specials killed (like the grail knight strength pot drops and the value of X changes with the difficulty played at). This would give a measure of predictability to drops. Pots/bombs/ale should drop at Bardin’s location.

2 Likes

Agree with OP. Absolutely unnecessary change, his ammo should drop where the enemy died.

4 Likes

That sounds like way too much coding.
The fix is easy and simple compared to.

Imo the only “important” thing which benefits from is ale. Below cata its easy to run out of if all 4 try to get it

How about just, when kill the special, the X% of ammo restores to Bardin and all the other team mates?

The main issue I have is not the ammo dropping at his feet (though dropping a little bit in front of him would be way better IMO). It’s that if he has the ale talent that drops both a drink and an ammo bag, they drop on top of each other, and it makes even seeing if you dropped an ale almost impossible, and makes it impossible to pick up without picking up the bag first. They need to not drop in exactly the same place, they need to be spread out enough to pick up one and not the other.

2 Likes

I agree that the issue isn’t the ammo dropping at the feet, that is indeed a good idea as it does stop out of bounds spawns of the bags.

The problem with the ale drops spawning on top of the ammo is a quite a big issue. If the bag spawns on top of the ammo, you can’t pick the ale up. So the workaround it is to fire a single shot at the floor, reload, pick the ammo up, then you finally get the ale assuming nobody else stole it. However, this workaround only can be used if you are playing a character that uses standard ammo. If you’re playing grail knight for example, good luck getting any ale at all…

At the very least, the ale needs to be spread out. The best way around it I can think of is to delay the spawning of the ale until the ranger moves away from the ammo that already dropped (to ensure it is still in a playable area but spawns in a different place). If multiple specials are killed, then this will end up staggering the (ammo / ale) drops across the floor to different places as bardin moves around.

This is the post you’re looking for. :point_down:

No, that’s extremely generic compared to what RV currently has.

3 Likes
Why not join the Fatshark Discord https://discord.gg/K6gyMpu