Please Implement a Punishment for rage quitters

This is very true. While most of the time, if not always, genuine disconnects can be distinguished from just leaving the game, the intentions behind them can not. And if they were to be tracked and punished, the dedicated trolls would just deliberately disconnect to avoid the stigma of ragequitters. Some are also clever (and nasty) enough to coax you into quitting, which would turn the intended punishment around.

With every topic concerning trolls and other toxic community members, I start thinking more about a reputation system. It should probably be based on user feedback, and quite robust so one or three votes wonā€™t show up. I donā€™t think there would be any need for any additional punishments unless someone gathered huge amounts of negative feedback. Just seeing that someone has a negative reputation (or positive, for that matter), should be enough for people to draw their own conclusions. No system is perfect, though, and some people would try to still abuse it, but there are ways to design it that make abuse difficult. I also recognise that some would still put too much weight on it, and kick people for ā€œtoo low repā€. No system is perfect, especially when humans are involved.

3 Likes

No I pull my weight. Thanks for that though

What a childish topic. Of course there are toxic people, rage quitter, people not ready for the difficulty etc. Thats part of an online game, especially in a coop environment. The playerbase has grown, more people totally new to the game dont have the experience of others, and its okay. Sadly we wont get back the V1 community in which most of the lobbies were extremely friendly, since FS left a bit the coop path, but thats no reason for a report system. I can already see the ā€œIā€™m reporting youā€ sentence constantly appear in quickplay games, and that would ruin the game completely for me.
Host your own games, wait until everyone joined before starting, type some rules for your lobby (slow safe run, 1 / 2 grims, whatever) communication is key, kick everyone that doesnt follow your lobby rules as long as you made them clear.
Ive seen the most ragequits when everyone starts running carelessly into the map chasing kills, not covering each other and then die to a special because they were separated.

Lol itā€™s not MOBA. I for example sometimes have to leave because kid has done/want something, home duties calls, wife needs me (also for sex you know?), I have some business call in wierd hour. And I just have to.

You know some people have an actual life outside of game and consider it more important than game they play.

I can understand that in PvP game but in co-op. Come on.

2 Likes

(thats also sex right?) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Business is business :smiley:

2 Likes

Main problem I see is that friends will group up togather and boost up their own reps. For example, you might have a discord server full of friends and they just take turns upvoting each other.

I think that person was just joking :slight_smile:

Yep, host leaving the game at the gate is the best. It should be encouraged cuz you only have to restart the entire level over with 100% chance of no one else joining to replace the botsā€¦(sarcasm)

I dont think when you get reported once youā€™ll get banned or even punished. Maybe after the 4th time doing it in a row maybe. Iā€™ll take anything at this point of trolls.

I thought we were killing rats not zombie-threads.

The only reportable offense should be gratuitous verbal abuse and cheating. And preferably just use the kick/leave/ignore button instead, this is a PVE game D:

If youā€™re tired of trolls add nice people and group with a bunch of them!

1 Like

Obviously this should be fixed by implementing host migration and dedicated servers, not by preventing people from leaving.

2 Likes