Player count is going down

Wait a minute… Animation canceling, shade ulting, ping related shenanigans. Are we already playing Versus without knowing?

2 Likes

While new change is the reason why old players leave the game, but i also agreee that bug is the one of the reasons why old players leave game. Look at this Video.

10:50 You can see that there is no marauder in the corridor.
11:01 I defend myself besides wall but suddenly marauder is spawned behind me and hit me.

This is one of the real problem VT 2 has.
We report numerous time, but almost nothing is fixed.

With Beast man, this can cut your hp 70ish and glass career will be downed by this spawn bug which is not player’s mistake. Because of Dev.

I felt that Our feedback and Our bug report are ignored.
Anyone saw review on steam? players who play 100 ~ 5600 hrs left game.

Edit 2. 100 ~ 5600 hrs on just one game means they really loved VT2.
They didn’t give up playing game even though there was no update for a long time.
But then, they left because of new update. We need to consider this.
Before we suffer from low number of player base

9 Likes

Yea, doing full book runs on Cata is really a game of chance now. You never know if that gor is gonna spawn behind you and 1 shot you with it’s ridiculous 75 hit damage >_< Then again, clan rats could already hit 50 damage on Legend pre-WoM if they were alone and from behind.

2 Likes

I was honestly expecting you to get bonked due to some reasonable doubt that a marauder wasn’t there. But no yeah, that thing just fabricated out of nonexistence to give you a love tap.

1 Like

That marauder is maybe one of Tzeentch’s spy on papa nurgle.

2 Likes

No, this actually happens a lot. And strangely enough, it’s nearly always a mob that doesn’t belong. Like during his vid it was a chaos during a skaven horde. Same thing will happen in reverse.

The rest of the time, it’s just random BS. Backs to the wall, what’s this, back stab noise indicator. Turn around and somehow we missed the mauler behind us nearly inside the wall :joy:

4 Likes

Maybe unrelated but what is also interesting is that currently the saltyness-levels in game are rising extremely currently. Especially in Legend some QP feel like literal salt mines with players hurling insults and complaints at each other much more. Which is kind of sad given that VT usually was a very friendly environment previously…

I still think that the rebalance of Legend was a bad idea. In Cata, if you are able to find a party that is, people seem to be more… professional(?) and chilled while Legend is just awful. And Champion is currently populated with literally everything else as you can run the most stupid meme builds and still kill everything with ease.

So from a design and play-base perspective the changes where really bad as currently there is no challenging go-to difficulty. It is either Cata which really emphasizes pre-made or just goofing arround in Champion. Both is fine but not really the thing you want to be doing all the time…

3 Likes

We can solve that problem by the way league of legend did.
During Dice ~ result phase, Let player can award a mark for cooperative play.
Granting rewards like portrait or weapon illusion or red dust to player as they get certain number of cooperative play mark.

1 Like

As somebody that plays league. That didn’t solve anything. Fakenice and robot tricking sarcasm exists for that reason and more. It was a nice step in a right direction, but that toxicity is just stuck thee forever

1 Like

'course its going down.

The complete disregard for players time is insulting enough, but add on top the incredible instability with bugs and unreliable behavior of enemies, why would anyone want to play this mess when there are so many other, better options out there?

Deep Rock Galactic springs to mind, easy to have high hopes for their next update - as it seems the danes are going to make a better setup than weaves(then again that doesn’t take much), that’s for sure. But time will show!

1 Like

I think it suffers from what Champion did in 1.6, where people are on the cusp of good gameplay practice but just can’t contain themselves when things go south. This is what new legend is. All the old Legend players moved to Cata and so the Legend playerbase wound up with high sodium levels, unfortunately.

I’ve fortunately had very mellow Legend pubs (save that one troll who went from game to game team killing people), but I’ve heard horror stories.

Do private games not show up in the lobby menu? Because there’s generally very few Cata games going up at any one time. Depending on the time of day and if it’s even the weekend I’ve waited up to 30 minutes to get three(3) people. And this was yesterday night at 7 pm my time!

So I just go into Legend and run people through maps because clearly Cata is just not in the cards at the times I want to engage in it.

Private ones don’t I believe. Seems you can?

I think a lot of people are running in premades in Cata–coupled with the fact Cata is paywalled makes for a smaller playerbase. We have this problem on PS4 where all the competent legend players are in groups doing deeds or just playing with their usual group vs going out and QPing. I’d assume the same is happening with PC right now.

Private games do show up if you set the lobby browser to “all” instead of “joinable”. Very few people are doing Cata. I’ve seen no more than 15 or so worldwide most times I check.

Very peculiar…

This is an important note that’s been very overlooked.

Buggy release? Stayed loyal.
Becomes too easy? Stayed loyal.
Content drought? Stayed loyal.
Bad content? Bye.

I feel like there’s a lesson of some kind here…

5 Likes

This is weird because I see my friends do cata and they have fairly instant joins. Maybe it’s region time variable? What do the legend lobby rates look like? I’d have less concerns if Cata weren’t paywalled, which… I don’t like using the split playerbase argument but… it does split the playerbase.

1 Like

Not too bad

There seems to be more Champion, Recruit and Veteran games going on too, IMO. Scratch that.
Counting manually 29 Cata/ 2 Weave games, 50 Legend 1 Weave , Champion 50 games / 3 in weave, Veteran 50 games / 1 in weave, Recruit 50 / 1 weave. Hmm kinda looks like it caps out at 50 games shown.

Yeah, went to check count mission by mission 105 legend games.

Also combination of bad weave design and the insane amount of bugs will lead to burnout imo. At least I am getting burned out super hard on high weaves. We’re just grinding it to get the frame and then I will prolly need some solid break.

Yea, they should give us the frickin break with “we can’t talk about this, this and this… and this …, but hey I know what is going to come with season two… but… I am not telling you…”

Like … am I only one who is not really enjoying this kind of communication ?

Today I listened to the friday FS twitch after I listened to the 3.5 hours long Path of Exile podcast with 2 devs… and it’s such a huge contrast … Jonathan and Neon spent 3.5 hours replying to any kind of question directly I don’t think there was single time in those 3.5 hours where I though "well this is a bs answer… come on… ", it was amazing to hear them explaining mechanics, reasons for why they decided to do Blight league, certain reworks etc.

Than I fire up the FS twitch and there is nothing basically, it’s like opposite… I am not sure I heard any great answer or new information at all there…

Yea this is major problem imo, there is just insane amount of bugs and broken crap, that it’s even hard to believe and then the whole weave thing is pretty frustrating mostly because of combination of grind at start/terribly diff. spikes/and the general bugs, that will fu*k up a lot of runs at high weaves …

My frustration level is like 11/10.

And it’s all because they released basically bugged experimental build.

So of course people get pissed and leave, when only selling point for most players in new DLC is weapons basically, but also at the cost of loads of bugs and major controversial changes to the combat.

9 Likes

Not sure, I just know you can see private games in the browser. You can even click on them and it will say that you can’t join because it’s a private game. I can see friends in Cata and if it’s private, can’t join on them.

Legend is normal full.