[PC] Vermintide 2 - Patch 1.4.1 - Mondstille Quests & Double XP

I agree with this 100%. More balancing is coming; they’ve had a week to implement changes and are doing so like the wind; but it’s certainly not over. Let it ride for two months and then we can know for sure they have settled their numbers.

@Beholder_V nailed it on the head. Admittedly, most people just want his dual-wield kit to be strong, but Kruber is still wildly powerful with his current lineup of weapon options. Exc sword handling Chaos Warriors in 3 swings or less is pretty rad and his halberd range + cleave ability are great.

I hated his halberd for so long because I was a noob and couldn’t stand the pattern; now that I’ve used it more, I can say for sure that it is AWESOME, even after patch (opinion, not necessarily fact… I just really like it).

1 Like

If in two months the A&F is left untouched then it just would be a huge f*ck you from fat shark.

Nah, dunno if you referring to crit attacks , but normally it takes 5-6 swings with a executioner sword to kill a CW.

I pretty much only been using the Halberd since the beta and i can confidently say that it’s by far not the best weapon, or even awesome, true it has some nice range and AP, but it’s cleave it’s a fraction of what it used to be, it’s slow, and it’s mobility is awful. I was so happy when the M&S for Kruber was out, i could finally use something other then the Halberd, but nope, FS was like “not today boyo”

With one chaos/armoured property on a gear xSword hist XW for 40 dmg with headshot, he has 120 hp, if you can’t hit heads with xSword, maybe better use another weapon instead?

No need to be passive aggressive, it’s a game boyo. Anyway, the way he phrased it sounded like he meant that the exec sword can kill a chaos warrior with just three hits, no matter what. So, following that i said that normally (no headshots, crits, specialized builds ecc) it takes 5-6 hits to kill a CW, which is true. Plus i definitely prefer other weapons, and other builds then a AP one.

1 Like

I think Mace and Sword is still very usable; the nerf didn’t make it so bad that you can’t bring them along. Please note also that I am a HUGE fan of just feeling awesome and stabbing things, so I enjoy a weapon whether or not is is statistically the best. This applies to the halberd (which I don’t really struggle with, is it really that bad? I haven’t had that experience at all, I find it quite deadly and I handle hordes fine).

I think if the Axe and Falchion are left untouched I will have no qualms with it because it’s obviously a fun weapon kit and the point is to enjoy ourselves :stuck_out_tongue: not to say you can’t believe that, but I certainly respect their decision. I think FatShark has done awesome so far.

Forgive me for not clarifying! My point was that the Executioner Sword, if you land at least 2 headshots (charged attacks), will kill a Chaos Warrior in 4 swings or less. I am a fan of a good ol’ crit on it because you generally have a teammate helping you; the second headshot generally kills them (if the teammate helps/has time to). However, you are totally right if you are bopping them on the shoulders.

And I agree that it’s not the weapon for everyone! I certainly like other ones, too. Totally fair.

1 Like

That’s the problem with Kruber 's arsenal, they are all “usable” but non of them are awesome or even powerful, each one of his weapons is good at something, but relatively or completely bad at another, none of them really felt satisfying in the sense of not making you weary of certain scenarios,(for example when using the sword and shield you are “terrified” of armored opponents but ready and eager when a hordes come.) none of them felt like could be adapted easily to all situations, unlike other weapons on other characters, and although the M&S still had some downsides (lack of reach, and low AP on light attacks), it was the first weapon in a while that was at least good in most scenarios . Now it’s just another “weapon” which is s huge shame because i really really liked it.

I wouldn’t have had a problem with it either honestly, if only they left the M&S alone as well. It was the needless nerf of one weapon and the ignoring of another clearly more powerful one that made me really frustrated.

No worries, it’s just that when comparing weapons i prefer using their base stats not their possible 50 other variations when using a certain build or a certain attack, but i get your point.

1 Like

It lacks mobility because it’s insanely powerful. Single target damage and stagger is spectacular particularly against armor, especially if you QQ cancel for fast attacks. But with merc extra cleave and paced strikes you can get some solid attack speed, and if you put atk speed/crit chance/swift slaying on the hammer, you get going stupid fast. Take the talent for increased damage resistance when paced strikes is active, boon of Shallya on necklace for increased healing, and talent for health on stagger and then that hammer is a temp health machine and you will outpace taking a few small hits here and there.

Then you just have to Keep an eye out for bigger attacks from elites and block/push to buy yourself space to wind up a charge attack. If you move back slightly right after one charge attack and then step forward into the next one you’ll avoid more hits as well - just make sure you only move back slightly to avoid triggering running attacks!

Last hammer thing, if you turn your character in the direction of your swing you can get a huge arc, almost up to 360 degrees, which is really handy if you get surrounded out in the open.

3 Likes

Dual hammers for Bardin need a bump on light attack armor damage. You can hit a SV 8 times with light attacks and he stands there laughing at you :grinning::grin::joy::rofl::smiley::smile:

Any eta on when we can expect this on console?

(Edit) looks great btw, really looking forward to the hammer buffs.

@Fatshark_Hedge You should flag this post under “Announcements” and “PC Release Notes”

There’s a bug where the sub category announcements get pushed down below generic announcements in the category preview on the homepage… Sometimes. So latest announcements stay in the open category for a while. It’s weird. I’ll figure out why one day :slight_smile: for now it has PC in the title as per tradition

1 Like

Ok :slight_smile:
It’s kinda confusing with the Xbox & PS4 release now.
I looked for the patch note and went directly to PC release and missed it^^
I ll go for generic announcements for next releases.

thx for the info

You’ll probably get it when they return from holidays. I think they did an announcement saying they wouldn’t be super active.

1 Like

Inquiring again on behalf of the Xbox/PS4 community as to the ETA of the Mondstille events? If they aren’t gonna happen just tell us!

It’s still the plan for sure :slight_smile: The majority of the team returns from vacation next week, so I will find out more then hopefully!

5 Likes

Thank you!

How the heck do I sign up for a three week vacation?

Move to a Nordic country. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

^ what he said. Also, even when you’re at work, you’re not actually working as you will be expected to take a fika break every hour or so to fit in with the natives. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like