[PC] Vermintide 2 - Patch 1.2.1 BETA & Hotfix #2

i quit diablo 3 for this game. grinding leaderboard positions on hardcore ladder. it would be interesting.

1 Like

The guy with the most “freetime” will win this… like always in PVE-games .^^

I think the lack of paragon levels would prevent anyone dominating it due to extra play time, like grift progression.

Since red items are the max with no room for stat progression the only opportunity for progression would come from cosmetics or some sort of last stand wave survival (which would be like a coop grift I guess).

I love seasons personally. It caused me to play classes & specs that I may not have experienced otherwise. My only concern would be splitting the player base between season & non-seasonal play.

damn what a shame xD

Why haven’t you done this for hats as well? Both skins and frames have always been unlocks like this, but why do you even get the option to salvage your hats?

4 Likes

Bots are a bit broken right now. Even when characters are wounded and on low health, they don’t heal others with bandage.

Saltzpyre died during the horde; Kerillian picked up the bandage, but still didn’t heal after the fighting was done.

When there were no enemies around, instead of healing Kruber or herself, she chose to stealth instead.

Eventually Kerillian did use the bandage, although on herself and not on Kruber who was wounded.

Bots are mostly useless on harder difficulties (above champion)…

They do things i cant even bother to explain how stupid… playing on legend pretty much assume a bot is just a flesh shield… that is all.

1 Like

Bots have their shitty moments, but correctly geared and talented they can be a good asset. A bot is usually better than a bad random player, as they stay together and can teleport to you if needed.
I’ve seen Shade bots solo monsters, and smack a handgun on the Ironbreaker and he’ll take out specials as well as protect your hiney.

1 Like

Sometimes at weird times (eg. 4am) I just want to play a relaxed match on Champion.
I start with bots and I goes pretty well…and then human players join and everything goes downside.

So, well, bots aren’t that bad compared to other players.

1 Like

I seem to only have trouble with weaksauce randoms on Legend. I can still carry teams Champion without too much trouble, probably 9 times out of 10. On legend though, you typically need a good team. Much of the problem with weak players is strategic placement - or impatience. A lot of the success of this game depends on placement. If your team members are standing around in bad spots or not moving with the party covering sides you can quickly get surrounded which is pretty much why most wipes happen in Legend. Other than teams that cannot handle horde+boss+elites, or instant patrols showing up out of the blue in a bad spot.

In my experience if I get hit:
70% a stray slave vermin which slipped through
15% due to specials
10% overwhelming masses
5% miscellaneous lag and bug issues

Yes, mostly it is positioning, impatience and not to forget: unreasoned panicking combined with losing overview.
Just an hour ago, Righteous Stand, just broke the wall with the cannon.
We didn’t jump through yet because of an incoming horde.
I stood below the parapet right of the hole and swept my rapier left and right with ease. But then I saw my teammates starting to scatter around the forecourt each individually getting surrounded. As a reflex I’d fulfil my heroic deed, jump out to them and try to assist. But if I’d left my shelter I’d end like them: Surrounded and then dead.

Perfect example for players losing the overview, slipping into mindless slaughter and ending up in deadly places.

Funny thing: I read the dev-blog for the bots and how they work and they seem to be able to avoid such things :smiley:

1 Like

I wholeheartedly agree.

I think thats why bad players are so hated in legend difficulty - its all strategic placement. You may be a super skilled godly kite/dodge/block/push player… but even then if you are pulled out of position to a bad spot because you are trying to save someone in a bad position, guess what… you die a lot of those times. A bad team can make you technically seem worse than you are. I have tried to clutch save bad players and have gotten myself surrounded and dead because I made a poor choice in that split second… should have stayed put. You cannot always look behind you neither can you always block blows from behind… the key to survival is anticipating where the attacks are coming from. If you have guys coming at you from behind at strike distance and there are guys in front as well, you are already in a bad position. The attacks from behind is what results in poke damage failures. This is not even a skill thing - its a placement thing.

If you are in open field and thats not obvious, then its imperative to either hold ground or move to a choke point. Easier said than done. Not all parties have players that are focused on looking behind while the party focuses on the enemies in front. Thats what I think separates the solid unbeatable groups with the ones that always seem to struggle from one scenario to the next.

First instinct is to save buddy … always… but it tends to screw you over too sometimes. Bad position cannot always be helped especially when the AI director throws you one of those ambush hordes. So in essence you have maybe 2 seconds to decide where you move as a group. Not everyone on the team makes the right individual movement. I have seen that poor decision making cost the game several times over. And its a domino effect.

1 Like

haha. i’ve also got that hero complex to try and save a player from being downed in a bad spot. it’s fun when the whole team comes to help and basically get surrounded trying to revive, but if i’m the only one, i usually will take a hit or two, and then regret it later lol

I tend to do this a lot as well. Now the other guys on discord actually shout at me when someone goes down, “DON’T SAVE HIM MAYFLY, LET HIM DIE”. lololol It’s just an instinct and I tend to immediately want to go and help the person.

oh yea, my steam name is Mayfly Lumberfoot, so that’s why they call me that lol

2 Likes