Patch 1.1 Crash

We’re continuing to investigate. Sorry for the trouble.

It seems the game is almost unplayable at the moment.

Frequently getting “backend error : 1342” while crafting and received the same error as soon as I completed a mission. Also lost connection to a friend and was unable to reestablish connection afterward due to connection timeout. Steam connectivity was still functioning however. :frowning:

It’s only happend to me once, so far. Ironically it was during the Fatshark stream of update 1.1, talking about the error.

Still getting it plenty of times btw, especially when crafting, its almost like there’s a bottleneck somewhere in the menus system because as I continue crafting I’ll hit a threshold where I get a really long waiting time for my crafting process to finish, and then usually the 1st or 2nd craft or reroll after that will 1342 or backend error me or both.

Just had a backend while rerolling then upon login a 1342. Both of which naturally kicked me out of the game.

Also I’ve been having games with friends where suddenly everyone gets kicked from the host’s group in particular areas, namely the first bossfight in Skittergate, with the transforming lord - usually post-boss. And Athel Yenlui (if I spelled that correctly) in the area where you reach the first jump-down no return point, between the chest and the brief split with the vines. It happened as the host was jumping off the little raised area to the left towards the center ditch.

Nobody was able to rejoin in a stable fashion until either area was left a fair distance behind the host’s location.

Anyhow keep up the good work on bugfixing, let’s hope it all get smoothed out soon :+1:

im also getting a backend error(1342) on load up cant even run the game…

Literally every 2nd crafting or dust conversion atm, always followed by a 1342 on the first load-up after.

Just got several backend errors (of both kinds) trying to reroll, and also got a 1342 at the very end of a map (literally in the blue bubble) that caused me to get nothing from my full book legend run. including progress toward the challenge. Awesome…

yeah there has been a surge fo backend errors for us something like 1h ago, making us all stop playing.

THe game is awesome, but it is making it hard to love sometimes. As one of my group said, it’s a tsundere game…
“It’s, it’s not like I want you to play me, ba-ba-BACKEND ERROR”

1 Like

Please help. the game is unplayable as it started to crash each and every time I open chests. Is it possible to get a refund for a steam game that suddenly stopped working? I have reinstalled, verified the local files and I still cant open chests. Possible to get a refund please because Vermintide 2 is Unplayable

GUID: bd469bad-7b88-4081-8147-ebdebc801b10
Log File:
Info Type:

[Script Error]: scripts/ui/views/hero_view/states/hero_view_state_loot.lua:161: attempt to index local ‘profile_settings’ (a nil value)

Hello, the improved ui mod crashes the game. Just untick it in the mod options

The modder is aware of the crashes, Looks like he’s trying to fix it.