Open Letter to our players

a) Every single new subclass will be payed for
b) The whole system is layed out towards having to level each character individually. Why else would there be more than 4 character slots available? This also means that items are not going to be interchangable within the same class, increasing the grind.

and I suspect
c) that the whole system is layed out this way to, at some point, sell you the “boosts” that dataminers already found to shorten the arbitrary grind for each new subclass. Fun!

1 Like

Excited to see where this goes. Despite how things have been, I have already noticed a jump in server performance. Lets see where this goes.

1 Like

"Yeah you weren’t supposed to kick off like this and it’s bit us on the arse.

We’re going to try and have a crack at getting you a working product if we can at some point in the future.

Come back in 2 years. Cheers."

Yeah so see you then.

6 Likes

To be fair these promised things are stuff that should happen anyway or already been confirmed to happen. I will argue this to my grave but making aquila earnable to even a small degree will at least grant something for players to do (and play for) in the mean time. Doesnt have to be easy or a stupid amount but it would be a nice incentive and at least try to prove to your players that you give a damn about them. A thank you and be patient for months is not enough personally. The game is barebones and missing promised features. I love it but i hate how frustrating it is, i want this game to do well but it wont do well if players leave on mass.

33% recent positive, and still dropping on Steam store. Oops.

They basically just said what we now: The game has multiple issues that should have been fixed before launch. Then, they promise that they will fix it sometime in the future and make it look like they are making compromises.

They aren’t. Their BA department analysed the data and came to the conclusion that a tiny minority of players actually bought aquilas, and those players are probably quitting the game fast. Basically, this letter only admits that the game is in such a desolate state that their business plan is going to fail if they don’t get players back into the game. There really isn’t a point to roll out premium cosmetics if you don’t prospect a majority of players - both in relative terms as well as absolute - will be buying at least some of them. You can’t sustain a live-service model with the current player base, neither with just cosmetics nor with regular “hard content” drops that you have to spend Aquilas on.

Remember, they deliberately chose this game to be a live-service, and the only thing they are saying is: We will fix it and then we will roll out content. Kinda what having a live-service game means.

I’m still absolutely flabbergasted that this is their response. An “open letter” from the CEO that admits nothing, comits to nothing, takes no responsibility and only acknowledges that there is issues with the game. Which they knew when they released the game. And we knew after about a week of playing.

I mean, seriously, that’s almost politician level of snowman tactics.

9 Likes

Everybody was waiting for something, some proof of goodwill. A good example would have been temporary band-aid fixes to the crafting system, such as unrestricted perk reroll, blessing reroll, and reduced material costs.

So that at least, even though our weapons are randomly generated and not perfect, we could finally start playing the endgame and experiment with customized orange weapons, instead of throwing all our crafting materials at Hadron to consecrate stuff, then toss them all into the garbage when we inevitably roll sh!t perks and blessings that we cannot change.

At the very least, that would have helped make players come back, rather than a letter full of corpo-speak that just says we’ll get bug fixes and nothing else for months on end.

It’s like Fatshark really freaking hates our guts. Like, we’ve bought the game, got them their christmas sales, and now we should just fvck off for 3 months. How dare we ask for content that should have been in at launch ?

6 Likes

Can you Guys at least release the new Classes ^^
I need Ogryn Autocannon and Mechanicus…

When we will know what are the feedbacks you are working on especialy?
Will we get weapons attachments customization?

Does somebody have the interview that was in a Swedish game magazine? People posted it in December and it’s absolutely dripping with contempt.

1 Like

So this species actually does exist.

Damn. The world is a wonder.

1 Like

The thing is they should have done their job before releasing the game. Just because YOU can overlook all of the games obvious flaws doesn’t mean everyone else should.
The game is in a terrible state, literally the only thing that is good atm is the combat, atmosphere and music. Everything else is utter BS, story is lel, gameplay loop is whack without rewards, classes are underwhelming, amount of customization is lacking, amount of maps/missions/variety is lacking etc etc etc.

The only reason why people are complaining is because Fatshark promised things they didn’t deliver on and everyone are collectively down millions of dollars that could’ve been spent elsewhere or on DT when the game actually released in a finished state.

People aren’t whining just because they like complaining, they’re whining because they actually want a good friggin game, you should be grateful for that because you too won’t have to deal with complete mediocrity further up the line.

3 Likes

Hello there,

So I guess I leave my angry here?
I have one big angry and I feel it needs to go with hopes it reaches somewhere where it matters.

I agree with alot of people who already commented. On both sides.
I agree it’s great to get at least some king of apology, but I think it’s a bit late.
Last patch was more than a month ago, and only news we have is that there will be “power outage” event replacing the dog infestation one.
There were a lot of unmet promises. (crafting, story, etc).
Back to the apologizing part, I guess it would make sense to have some kind of “compensation” for players right?(Hopefully. It may be a surprise :smiley: )
We (players) gave FS our trust (and money) and time. A lot of people on this forum did their fair share of beta testing and issue reporting, and I guess all we expected was a somehow decent game on the relese. Which we didn’t get up untill now. Don’t get me wrong, the gameplay is fun, as it was with vermintide, but the difference is mostly in content.

My oppinion is, that at this point, it would be fair to give players some kind of roadmap. I see FS mentions that even the internal is a mess, but in that case it needs more work?
I look to FS very fondly, and still hope that their studio may be one of the better ones in sense that they don’t just take all the money they already made, and give the project close to none attention.

So that was something I wanted to get of my chest. I have planty more I would like to say after reading the original post and some comments, but I chose to end it here.

I hope for players AND the studios sake, that we get some positive message very soon, since “in next months we’ll be working on” really got me down in regards to my feelings for Darktide and FS.

BR,

Refkell

1 Like

It’s the correct move. You can’t keep building on an obviously flawed foundation. You have to rip it out, lay it solid and then start rebuilding on top of it. Splitting focus on putting out content into flawed systems makes for double the work later when you have to redo work on both the old and the newer stuff.

I know everyone wants everything while everything is being fixed and noone else is to be blamed than FS management for this. Had they delayed the game for 6 months, released it with said stable foundation you would have been in the same boat waiting for more content and everyone else would be happy with the game that was provided, but that’s not where we’re at.

I’m kinda split on how I feel about this letter. 50% of “Ok they acknowledged that they messed up and they’re going to work on it. That’s promising.” And then 50% “Really?! Instead of showing us what they have fixed they’re telling us they’re going to be giving us less over an extended period of time?!”

And then I remembered…I don’t have to care. I can smile in the sunshine and do whatever I want. I can uninstall the game if I choose, or leave it installed and check on it whenever I feel like it. I can do something else, like learn how to speak Thai so I can take a vacation someday, or maybe pick up a physical book and read a good story. It doesn’t matter! So thank you FatShark. You reminded me that I don’t need this in my life. I can make the decision to walk away from this self torture and enjoy many other things.

1 Like

nextweek

13 Likes

I’m sorry that I’m not bothered by the cosmetics shop, but just because my issues don’t mirror the myriad of barking lemmings on here, doesn’t mean I’m tone-deaf. I appreciate your well thought out response, though.

You’re so original and special, Boba Fett pfp.

Thanks, T icon.

Don’t mess with him, he’s been to war before