[NEW LORD] EDIT 2: he's a BERSERKER type!? He should not

Ok guys, it’s time for a reboot.
Also and mainly for my fault, this thread is changed from Nurgloth thread to an Huntsman one.
Let’s do some clarity (last time I talk about Huntsman here).

• I never said that Bow Huntsman is useless;
  • I never said that bosses killer is the only Huntsman’s niche;
  • I meant that Huntsman’s damage is “average” but still too low to be a bosses killer… wich is, even if not the entire one, a good part of his niche. So, stealing it, it’s not a good thing.

I know someone doesn’t agree. Everyone has his opinion. Let’s stop it here and let’s start talking about Nurgloth.

Even if Huntsman did NOT exist, Berserker type on Nurgloth would remain a problem.
Here there is a thread that explain it very well from @OenKrad

My thought:

• Berserker tier can be truly discriminatory towards certain weapons/careers;
  • A berserker Lord (but this a larger problem, like the linked thread says) can be confusing for those players (the majority) that don’t use mods, forums, etc etc;
  • Berserker tier makes Nurgloth much much much harder than the other maps… someone could like it, but it’s a balance problem;
  • Roleplay is damaged. Maybe it’s a subjective point, but if I set my career to kill huge targets (I feel natural to put bosses and Lords under the same tier), or simply if I imagine myself as bosses slayer, it’s pretty sad if I can’t use the 100% of my build vs Lords just because some players don’t want to see a Lord killed in few second… when, as said, to be a Lords killer doesn’t mean that you have to one-hit kill them and there are other ways to make Lords tougher;
  • the game is more “RNG” if I can’t focus myself as bosses killer but I can just pray to meet the boss with the correct tier. Afterall if I play as specials killer I can deal with every special. If I play as crowd control I can deal with every horde.
    Chage it doesn’t add more variety… just more RNG. It’s an extremism, I know, but it’s like you were playing 2h Hammer Slayer and suddenly an horde could become immune to your stagger because… How boring! Finally an horde that isn’t trivialized by a crowd control career. Into a competitive game I must have the control.

If some players love berserker Nurgloth it’s only because that tier makes the Lord tough… BUT, like some players show, a berserker Lord can bring some problems (read above).
Since there are thousand ways to make Lords tougher (IF Fatshark really has to do it), we can just pick another way and make everyone happy.

I wrote “IF Fatshark really has to do it” because, make the Lords tougher, it’s not a change without consequences:

• and if will they be too hard and boring without a bosses killer career?
  • moreover Lords maps are just normal maps… maps chosen randomly from a pool of maps with the same reward. Maps must be balanced each other. We can’t have another SKIPPERgate (and already people are quitting from Nurgloth).
1 Like