Since March Vermintide 2 got a Stingray Engine update on the unit format. This caused that all units has been recompiled with the new unit format.
Well basicly the SDK tools for modding didn’t had a update and keeps generating the old unit format. This cause that all my 3d models mods broke.
- Thomas the tank engine: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1625308968
- UnitExplorer: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1626153752
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create my own basic unit files with fbx 3d models
- Build the the mod with the SDK tools
- Start the game with my created mod
Reproduction Rate (Choose One): Constant (100%)
[Attach Your Session Console Log]
console-2019-05-01-01.13.14-53026122-86c9-450c-94f0-d543f2a98fa1.log (141.6 KB)
A version error was found in the compiled `unit` data. The engine wants version `185`, but found version `184` on disk. This means there is a mismatch between the data compiler and the engine. If you are building your own executables, make sure to rebuild both the data compiler and the engine runtime and recompile your data. That should fix the issue. As a last resort, if you can't find any other way of getting rid of this error, you can try to delete your data folder and recompile everything from scratch.