Missions with no modifier have "endless horde" after start

Issue Description:
I have been playing Heresy difficulty missions lately, and since endless horde modifier is too hard for me on heresy at this moment I have been on purpose trying to avoid it. Whenever I play a game I specifically start missions which have no modifier present. I started doing that after the last update (not sure if there is any correlation, since I did not do that before).

Now whenever I start heresy run that has no modifier present next to it, I can clearly see that “endless horde” is not displayed as modifier to the mission during player ready check. Then when I load into the game after clicking TAB I can see it’s endless horde. I had asked other players in the game, and some have the same issue.

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

1. Start matchmaking on Heresy difficulty mission with no modifier.
  2. Find a group. In ready player check (before the loading screen) notice there is no “endless horde” modifier stated next to mission name.
  3. Load mission
  4. Click TAB
  5. It’s endless horde modifier.

Mission Name (If Applicable):
ANY on Heresy difficulty (did not test on other difficulties).

Platform:
[Steam/Microsoft Store]
Steam

Player ID:
[Steam ID/Steam Profile URL/GamerTag]

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[MM/DD/YYYY, 00:00AM/PM] [TIMEZONE]
Since 11/22/2022 till now.

Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%) - Unusual (<25%) - Common (<50%) - Often (<75%) - Constant (100%)
Constant on Heresy difficulty.

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]
I have none atm, I can upload them if needed.

Upload Console Log:
console-2022-11-24-07.48.30-245d4316-7240-453e-a4ef-379ad746c3e7.log (256.3 KB)
Note: I am not 100% it is the correct log. I have a lot of them there, and I am unsure if this one is correct.

Upload darktide_launcher.log:
darktide_launcher.log (430.0 KB)

1 Like

UPDATE 1:
Still happening after 1.0.8 update.
I checked if the endless horde happens on the mission with this modifier present (during mission selection) and they do.

UPDATE 2:
checked it on malice. It seems it doesn’t happen on malice (at least not 100% of a time as I just had non-endless horde run)