Melee Kill Reload All ammo reloaded for no reason

16/07/2020

Melee Kill Reload. When switching to BoP all shots were reloaded, despite no Elites being killed.

Not sure how to replicate.

Possible reason:

1 Like

Not 100% sure here, but maybe you understood the talents tooltip wrong?

ANY melee kill will reload 1 ammo into your ranged weapon
When you have absolutely 0 ammo, then killing an elite will replenish 20% of your max ammo. (Not directly into your weapon though, so you still have to reload)

1 Like

Actually sometimes yes straight into your weapon, with rep pistol at least. Weirdly not consistently though. My current best guess is it does or doesn’t load the ammo straight into the clip depending on whether you have your ranged or melee weapon out when the elite dies.

2 Likes

Sorry, this was a second hand report, as my friend doesn’t use the forum. All I know is that about half way through the match he said his gun fully loaded despite him not killing anything.

Did the last shot you fired kill an elite? I thought I was noticing that my weapon would reload if I killed an elite w/ my last shot. Need to test more though.

1 Like

Will have to ask. Sorry, guys I’ll try and get some confirmation on this one. The way he explained it to me was that he didn’t kill anything and just switched Weapon.

Interesting, maybe the melee reload and the ammo gained through elite kill weirdly overlap?
Might also be scrounger at fault.

Did this happen when you killed an elite with your ult? It counts as a melee hit, so that could cause weird interactions like that.

1 Like

No, nothing to do with Ult, and happens with & without scrounger. There is a definite pause between getting the ammo and it being loaded though, so I imagine if you perform any other action with your ranged weapon before it happens it may stop it.

1 Like

Now that you mention it, I had it once, that my last shot triggered the ammo refill and them ~3 seconds later my gun was reloaded.

I figured it was just reloading normally but didnt play the animation.

Totally forgot about it until now. Maybe thats what happens?

1 Like

I don’t know how relevant it is, but getting melee kills while you don’t have any additional ammo to reload and then killing an elite with your last shot will backdate the previous melee kills.

2 Likes

Oh, never noticed that.

This might actuallybe all there is to it^^

1 Like

Thanks, my friend has been offline for 19 hours, so I haven’t had chance to ask. :’)

1 Like

i rather have melee kill gain 1 ammo.

1 Like
Why not join the Fatshark Discord https://discord.gg/K6gyMpu