Make zoom optional or sanction "Weapon Zoom" mod

The forced zoom of many ranged weapons makes them unpleasant to use for some players, would be nice to get a setting to disable this similar to head bob and camera shake.

Alternatively the Weapon Zoom mod could be sanctioned to allow players to customize zoom to suit them.
Weapon Zoom

11 Likes

+1. please fix this fatshark, it seems like it would be an easy fix considering the function already exist on waystalker.

1 keybinded button to swap zoom levels (between no zoom and original zoom).

1 option to default to no zoom.
1 option to default to original zoom.
1 option to default to last used zoom.
1 option to disable the alternative zoom function all together.

edit: spelling

1 Like

I really wanted this as an option for so long. For example the Beam Staff auto-zooms in even though it’s unnecessary more than 70% of the time, yet when I want to Snipe a special with my Bolt Staff I can’t zoom in. Really frustrating sometimes, please consider making this an option bound to special attack key.

3 Likes

Yeah I feel the same with beam particulary, but for consistency I would like to see it on all weapons across the board. It also improves your muscle memory a lot to have consistent FoV when “zoomed in” (wouldnt really be zoomed in but yeah you get my point.).

I would prefer it if they didn’t add it to special attack since it might make troubles if they want to add a special attack to a ranged weapon in the future and also to not mess with WS special attack zoom.

1 Like

I would also love to be able to disable zoom on a per-weapon basis. I play at FOV 71 so I have no trouble hitting things while unzoomed, but the zoom severely limits my FOV. If I could, I’d disable zoom on all weapons except Handgun. And yes, Beam Staff is the worst offender for me.

its a huge +1 from me

Alternatively, make weapon zoom something you have to activate for most of the ranged weapons.

Waystalker has a passive that let’s you activate a secondary zoom on bows. Just make this function universal for most ranged weapons and give Kerillian a different and better passive.

2 Likes

Can confirm that beam staff without zoom is a joyous experience indeed.

Using the weapon special key as a zoom toggle could work, but it should probably remember the previously selected zoom level so those who do want zoom on a weapon don’t have to press it every time they aim.

1 Like

+1000

Stuff like this makes it pretty obvious that the devs don’t play their own game

Why not join the Fatshark Discord https://discord.gg/K6gyMpu