Make Every Shot count

Everyone wants a proper hat I guess. You should see the thread complaining about how all the characters look like troglodytes lol

Hat covers face np just got to get that hat

My vet is too vain to wear helmets :joy:

1 Like

Did you give him a fresh haircut lol I suppose that’s one easy way to avoid this penance

Saving Private Ryan - Lucky bastard! - YouTube

Gotcha b*tch!

Took 5 more tries, unfortunately using a shotty failed miserably for me, as the hipfire shots did not show a hitmark on several occasions, and I just assumed it wasn’t gonna give it to me. Switched back to plasma gun and just drudged through it one last time as I kind of internally gave up at this point. This probably relaxed me a bit more throughout the game. I kept being meticulous about just firing into stragglers and hordes, did not risk ANY elites as they have some unpredictable pathways/movement sometimes (switching aggro), but what personally helped me a lot is actually picking the automatic reload feat with a volley activation. This really helped me dump the ammo pretty early on in the mission, as the only time I actually reloaded manually was to vent the gun if it got too hairy.

Worth noting: lagged out about 3-4 times where my shot didn’t subtract any ammo and there was no hitmark, but it still completed the penance after all. Had about 130 rounds regained from the feat and as you can see it was on the Throneside mission.

2 Likes

gratz man :slight_smile:

1 Like

Still a strong believer that this should be totally redesigned. This was unnecessarily frustrating, and I’m angry at myself for being a completionist and coming across this bs, and pouring way too much energy and time into completing it.

3 Likes

if this game had a third person mode, i could care about skins. how it’s now, i don’t even see my skin unless i am in the lobby or open my inventory.

nevertheless, penances should improve teamplay, not force you to be a hindrance to your team.

there are missions, like the ammo raid, where enemies spawn indefinitely. but i dont know if it still works.

maniacal psyker laugh with german accent
First time? Try to do any of psaker’s and not actively screw your team.

How I completed mine: 09/20/2023

1. Went with the Kantrael Mark IX Combat Shotgun
  2. Fired every round possible with the fire shot to help verify hits… got the red curser flash and set them on fire. Made sure my accuracy was 100% just to be sure
  3. Last clip of rounds I fired normally as you cant fire shot them - loads from reserves
  4. When my ammo got to 0/0 I switched to my Power Sword
  5. I refrained from using grenades - unsure if this mattered but it’s what I did.
  6. Before the match I rebound my hotkey for my gun to make sure it was out of the way to prevent accidental selection. If you select it auto starts to reload and you need to dump all your ammo again. (Ask me how I know this…/sigh… lol)
  7. My scavenger perk filled my reserves from killing elites but I ended with 0 in the gun magazine.

Upon mission completion I got my penance.

I did this with a random pick up group in a heresy quickplay match.

Not sure, if they patched it, but it used to work like this:

Step 1: Take ANY weapon which is not full auto. Bolter/Revolver/Shotgun etc. works fine…

Step 2: INFORM YOUR TEAM!!! or play with a full team of friends & tell them, too.

Step 3: Start a Heresy mission of any kind.

Step 4: Play through, like you do all the time. Just don’t take excess ammo. You want to be low at the end.

Step 5. Shortly before the end. Empty all ammo, BESIDES 1 (one) round into enemies or the floor…

Step 6: Alt+F4 and reconnect ASAP.

Step 7: Shoot (not necessary “kill”) & one enemie & switch to melee.

Step 8: STAY IN MELEE! Don’t switch to ranged! Ammo gained by feats doesn’t count!

Step 9. Finish the mission.

Step 10. Profit.

Maybe also helpful:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.