[Loremaster's Armoury] Loremaster's Quests SURVEY

https://www.meme-arsenal.com/memes/14459b15ae1b1f0aac4dd3591e43c8ad.jpg

Sir

Until i saw these splendid works i lived happily telling myself i didn’t mind some mish-mashing of colors all too much, but now? Now…now there´s no going back and i want em all. Great stuff!:+1:

Summon the fishies!

@Fatshark_Hedge @FatsharkJulia

Please find some way to adopt the above stuff pretty please? :persevere:

13 Likes

this is serious love

6 Likes

If only these could be added into the game on official realms.

5 Likes

:pray:

idYgdYIxXb

1 Like

Random image

• don’t ask, I won’t tell.
3 Likes

Cheers @FatsharkJulia

1 Like

:face_with_monocle: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :thinking: :confounded: :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Where does thy faith lead?

you shall learn soon enough.

1 Like

You damn tease!

1 Like

Message From The Loremaster

5 Likes

Loremaster’s Quests, New Sword & QoL

The Loremaster stood in front of a sturdy wooden lectern, reading what appeared to be a message, hastily written on a small piece of paper.

“This is rather concerning, but hardly unexpected these days,” he said after a short while, his back still turned towards you. It took another minute before he gently folded the message in half and finally turned your way, visibly deep in thought.

“Welcome to the Armoury,” said the elf with a gentle nod of his head, “I am glad you were able to arrive so soon.” With these words he slowly paced away from the lectern towards a sizable array of shields that were displayed on the opposite side of the room.

“I lost contact with the leader of a local mercenary group. They were responsible for the protection of a sizeable caravan that was transporting several of Armoury’s shipping crates from Altdorf to a small military camp positioned not far from Helmgart.”

After what appeared to be a slight sneer, he placed the folded piece of paper on a small wooden table nearby and, adjusting his robes, the elf continued:

“I already sent another group of mercenaries to the caravan’s last known location. With Ladrielle on their side, they will be able to find out what happened and report back without delay.”

Folding his arms behind his back, the mage took a short step towards you and, with a stern expression, looked straight into your eyes.

“If it turns out that the caravan was ambushed and its cargo stolen, I would like you to go and retrieve it. From what I hear, you have quite the reputation around here and I do not want to risk giving this task to just anyone. I will send you a message via raven once I know more about the situation.”

The Loremaster paused, tilting his head and looking to the side as if he was trying to catch a glimpse of something standing behind him. It was apparent that he was indecisive about his next action. It took several more heartbeats before he finally broke free from the clutches of his mind.

“Before you leave,” he said reluctantly, “You should take this.”

Turning towards the nearby display shelf, he picked up an ancient-looking sword and, with an elegant flourish, handed it over to you. As soon as you wrapped your hand around its hilt, a sudden wave of chill ran down your spine. It was only a momentary sensation, but you were sure that this blade was… different. Despite this strange sensation, the sword was very well balanced and expertly sharpened.

Averting your gaze from the weapon for a moment, you noticed the Loremaster was holding another item in his hand. It was a scroll, but not just any scroll. This one was sealed with a glowing magical rune that seemed to shift before your very eyes.

“Do not lose it,” he said sharply, “You will learn of its purpose when the time is right.”

Before you could ask any question, the Loremaster folded his arms and, turning away from you, walked back to the lectern at the other side of the room, deeply absorbed in thought once more.

Looks like you were dismissed.

Welcome back!

Before we begin, please send some words of appreciation dalo’s @kralo_ffad way, who programmed all this nonsense I came up with, with never-ending patience and perseverance, white at the same time improving and adding things I did not know were possible.

Now, let us begin.

Loremaster’s Quests

In this patch we introduce a “system” called Loremaster’s Quests™
This is pretty much a re-adaptation of the Challenge system from Okri’s Challenges into something you could call an RPG-like Thematic Quest-chain.

You will be able to go through our first Main Quest which consists of 12 sequential tasks with a small reward at the end (and occasional flavour long the way). Of course, this is just a prototype, and we want to improve and expand it as we move forward.

In order to do this properly, we would love to hear your feedback and I’d say, it will play a crucial role in this mod’s future development. So please, share your thoughts/criticism/advice either here, or over at our Steam Workshop page.
I’ll also put together a survey so we can learn more about what you guys think and would like to see in the future.

Also, there is an in-game command /reset_sub_quests to reset your progression in case something goes wrong or you want to replay it.

Here is a little Introduction Guide in case you would like a to orient yourselves a bit around this new system (or go in blind and see if you can figure it out).

Quest System Introduction Guide

One important BUG note we were unable to solve for now:
Currently there is a bug with the scroll bar, causing the Loremaster’s Armoury Tab to not appear in Okri’s Challenges. You’ll need to click on one of these tabs: Enemies, Items, Crafting or Deeds to make the new modded one visible.

Loremaster's Quests Introduction Guide

With Loremaster’s Quests Update, our mod introduces a new chain-quest-like system, adapted from Okri’s Challenges. We’ve decided to set up this simple introduction guide in order to help you better understand and navigate through this system.
Since this is just a first prototype, you may encounter some bugs/isues/imperfections that we will fix and improve upon in subsequen patches. (Please provide feedback)

1. Loremaster’s Armoury Message Board

When you log into the game, you will notice notification pop up, informing you that you’ve received a new message from The Loremaster (Our quest giver in this system). You will also see a waypoint marker, navigating you towards our new station introduced in this patch - Loremaster’s Armoury Message Board

In order to begin the quest, you first need to go to the Message Board and interact with the (first) newest message pinned on the board. The Board is located at the rookery in the upper part of the keep. You will see the waypoint marker pointing you the right direction every time there is a new/unread message.

Note: Be on a lookout for these notifications when you return to the keep from you missions. At the end of some quests, you’ll need to read the newest message in order to progress. You will always see a waypoint when there is an unread message.

2. Loremaster’s Armoury Quest UI

After you’ve read the message (Interacted with it), new set of quests will unlock in Okir’s challenges menu.

!![BUG] Currently there is a bug with the scroll bar, causing the Loremaster’s Armoury Tab to not appear in Okri’s Challenges. You’ll need to click on one of these tabs: Enemies, Items, Crafting or Deeds to make the new modded one visible.!!

Here you can see that the Loremaster’s Armoury tab consists of two parts: The Main Tab which containts list of idividual Main Quests (currently one) and the Subsequent Tab where you will find all relevant quests required by the specific Main Quest.

In here you will see all the task you need to complete as well as any relevant “rewards” what come with it (These mostly serve as lore fluff to provide you with some relevant/trivia story-background).

You can see that quests remain locked/hidden until the previous one is completed.

As in our illustration case, here is how the UI looks before you interact with the Message Board:

And here is after:

And this is pretty much it. Simply complete tasks, read new messages when they appear and you will be fine!

Good luck! We hope you will nejoy this new update and please report any bugs and issues you may encounter. Also any feedback you may have would be much appreciated.

See you in game.

Now… of course we could not release an update without giving you something new to play around with while running errands for the Loremaster right?

Small disclaimer:
I never did this extensive texture-work (and basically any 3D modelling) before, especially while following an existing concept art. Though I am very pleased with the result, I ask you to temper your expectations accordingly.

With that out of the way, let’s see what the newest shipment from Eanith manor has brought…

Blade of the Forgotten Knight

Isha’s mercy, this thing still gives me a headache when I look at it. When I realized how badly I suck at what apparently is called 3D topology, I almost scrapped this entire model.

Looking back, I am glad I didn’t and that I pushed through.

This 3D model is based on the original Knight of the Blazing Sun sword concept art from Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning (The Art of Warhammer Online book).

I always liked this design and thought it would fit well with the rest of Vermintide’s weapons.
Originally this was created to be a normal Kruber’s solo-sword/sword+shield, but then we thought that it would be a shame to waste a new model on just a single weapon, therefore we have decided to modify the original mesh a bit and created several additional weapon-types.

• Empire Sword/Sword+Shield (Kruber)
  • Bretonnian Longsword/Longsword+Shield (Kruber)
  • Empire Greatsword (Kruber, Saltzpyre)
  • Wizard’s Sword (Sienna)
  • Fire Sword (Sienna)

And here they are:

In game:

The last thing this update brings are new custom icons for weapon illusions added by Loremaster’s Armoury. Yeah, noting exciting really. Small preview here:

Icon_preview_01

We also realize the general mod menu Loremaster’s Armoury currently uses is far from ideal… quite the opposite. Though we were (for obvious reasons) unable to address this issue in this patch, we are aware of it and would like to start working on a custom UI and bring it to you [hopefully] in the next update. This should also improve the temporary “message board UI” which may be a bit frustrating but bear with us!

And that’s everything we have for you. We hope you enjoy this new update and share your feedback (Keep an eye for the upcoming survey). Also please report any bugs/issue to our Bug thread over at Steam Workshop.

Thank you and good luck!

See you in game.

13 Likes

That’s amazing work! The quest system sounds rather amazing!

2 Likes

Just went through the quest chain and don’t want to spoil anything, but let me just say the work put into it is incredible.
The length of the quest for one cosmetic would probably not be feasible in a real game, but I would really hope for Fatshark to take some inspiration here for unlocks.

5 Likes

Loremaster’s Armoury Mod Survey

As promised, here is the survey form. It consists of 33 questions divided into three sections: general, cosmetics and quest system.

We’d greatly appreciate if you could spare a bit of your time and fill this survey for us, possibly even share it with other people who use Loremaster’s Armoury mod.

Cheers!

4 Likes

ny1B

/me goes back to hybernation

5 Likes
  • comes in unannounced
  • drops the latest armoury update
  • refuses to elaborate futher
  • leaves
3 Likes

:thinking:

4 Likes