[Loremaster's Armoury] Loremaster's Quests SURVEY

Some of you may know how strongly I advocate for more weapon and armour skins, mainly shield-variants, which could potentially be quite simple to introduce due to the overwhelming amounts of already existing heraldry designs in Warhammer lore.

This is something I always wanted to do… or at least attempt to, and so I’ve finally decided to challenge myself on my own suggestions and criticism. Here I present you:

Loremaster’s Armoury

- Supplying war efforts in Elthin Arvan with fine-crafted, used and unwanted surplus weapons from vaults of Eanith manor.

Steam Workshop Mod Page

Look out of the window

Weapon Supply List:

The Asur:

Avelorn Levy-Shield (Avelorn shield skin)
  • Avelorn Levy-Shield
    “In time of need, every city musters its force to help in Ulthuan’s defense.”

So basically I modified the existing in-game models/textures in order to create this new Avelorn shield design. For those who may wonder why this particular style, the reason is simple: Avelorn seemed like an obvious choise for Handmaiden of the Everqueen, and the simple design did not require me to puch too much time into making it, in case it did not work out.

Here is the original concept from Uniforms & Heraldry of the High Elves book:

Avelorn_01_concept

And a couple of renders in neutral environment:

Cython-Ildir-Minaith (Saphery shield skin)
  • Cython-Ildir-Minaith
    “Aside from powerful mages, the enchanted land of Saphery is also home to Swordmasters of Hoeth, who dedicate their lives to study of meditation and deadly martial arts.”

The original concept from Uniforms & Heraldry of the High Elves book:

Saphery_01_concept

And as always a couple of renders in neutral environment:

Dragon Shield of Caledor (Caledor shield skin)
  • Dragon Shield of Caledor
    “Woe betide he who encounters an army of Caledor on the march, for it will surely be the last battle he ever fights.”

Caledor_01_concept

And as always a couple of renders in neutral environment:

Shield of the Maiden Guard (Avelorn shield skin)
  • Shield of the Maiden Guard
    “Avelorn is the spiritual heart of Ulthuan, for it is here that the Everqueen holds court.”

Avelorn_02_concept

And a render in neutral environment:

Eagle Gate Sentry-Shield (Eagle Gate shield skin)
  • Eagle Gate Sentry-Shield
    “Should a soldier survive his duty at one of the great fortresses of Ulthuan, he will thereafter be treated with respect by commoner and noble alike.”

Eagle_01_concept

Griffon Gate Sentry-Shield (Griffon Gate shield skin)
  • Griffon Gate Sentry-Shield
    “Being the oldest great mountain fortress of Ulthuan, facing hundreds of sieges over thousands of years, the Griffon Gate has never fallen to its attackers.”

Griffon_01_concept

Avalu-Asur (Eataine shield skin)
  • Avalu-Asur
    “Phoenixes - the chosen messengers of the Creator God - are a popular symbols among the folk of Eataine, who believe that is was Asuryan who lifted Ulthuan from ocean’s depths.”

Eataine_01_concept

Endri-Isalt (Chrace shield skin)
  • Endri-Isalt
    “Red is the dominant colour of Chracian heraldry, signifying the blood its people spill, not only in the defence of their own land, but for all Ulthuan.”

Chrace_01_concept

Song of Delliandra (Longbow recolour)
  • Song of Delliandra
    “Under the perennially auburn leaves of the mighty guardian Delliandra, the forest grows and grows eternally.”

Render preview:

The Empire:

Reikland Captain's Shield (Reikland shield skin)
  • Reikland Captain’s Shield
    “Where march you, men of Reikland, where carry you halberds and swords? We march to war for our Emperor and Sigmar, our saviour and lord.”

The original concept from Uniforms & Heraldry of the Empire book:

Reikland_01_concept

Wolfenburg Guard Shield (Ostland shield skin)
  • Wolfenburg Guard Shield
    “The symbol of Ostland is the bull - stubborn and dependable, just like the people of Ostland themselves.”

Ostland_01_concept

The White Wolf (Middenland shield skin)
  • The White Wolf
    “Ulric protects his own.”

Middenheim_01_concept

Sol Invictus (Knight of the Blazing Sun shield skin)
  • Sol Invictus
    “Dedicated to Myrmidia, human goddess of war, Knights of the Blazing Sun value ability and accomplishment above all, often wielding weapons enchanted with the divine flames of their goddess.”

KotBS_01_concept

Shield of Ostermark Spearman (Ostermark shield skin)
  • Shield of Ostermark Spearman
    “Bordering Kislev to the north and Sylvania to the south, the grim lands of Ostermark are scarred by a long history of invasions, disasters and lawless reavers.”

The original concept from Bretonnia Armybook book:

Ostermark_01_concept

Bretonnia:

Knight Shield of the Golden Hart (Lothar shield skin)
  • Knight Shield of the Golden Hart
    “Gold hart on a sable field is the crest of Lothar, a late descendant of Duke Hagen, the current ruler of Dukedom of Gisoreux.”

Lothar_01_concept

Protecteur d'Arden (Reynard shield skin)
  • Protecteur d’Arden
    “Reynard Le Chasseur, also known as Reynard the Hunter, is a famous knightly hunter from the Dukedom of Artois - a land of forested wilderness known as the Forest of Arden.”

Reynard_01_concept

Bastion de la Tempete (Bordeleaux shield skin)
  • Bastion de la Tempete
    “The Lady’s domain ends where the water runs salt; it is here, where that of the tempestuous sea-god Manann’s begins.”

Alberic_01_concept

The Scale of Smearghus (Bastonne shield skin)
  • The Scale of Smearghus
    “The current ruler, Duke Bohemond Beastslayer, is a lineal descendant of Gilles le Breton; the first Royarch of Bretonnia and a founding Duke of the fabled Dukedom of Bastonne.”

Bastonne_01_concept

Le Faucon Rouge (Lord Luidhard shield skin)
  • Le Faucon Rouge
    “Having the most tranquil lands, this Dukedom is far from a paradise, for without any external threats to unify the people of Aquitaine, they often fall into inner strife; peasant revolutions and small civils wars being an all too common occurrence.”

Luidhard_01_concept

Dwarfs:

Karak Norn Karinak (Karak Norn shield skin)
  • Karak Norn Karinak
    “The uppermost levels of Karak Norn tower high above the Loren Forest, allowing the Dwarfs to monitor the activities of the Wood Elves, albeit from a considerable distance.”

Original Reference:

KarakNorn_01_concept

Renders in neutral environment:

Armour Supply List:

The Asur:

Knight Helm of Ulthuan (Wildrunner's helm recolour)
  • Knight helm of Ulthuan
    “Still well preserved even after centuries of combat, this masterfully crafted helm bears colours of kingdoms of Ulthuan.”

Available plume variants:

Horn of Kurnous - recolour set
  • Horn of Kurnous - recolour set
    “Antlered hood, symbolising dedication to Kurnous, God of the Hunt. Seldom worn by elf-maids.”

Render preview:

Evercrown - recolour set
  • Evercrown - recolour set
    High-status waywatcher’s mask, worn by a warrior skilled in the myriad ways of silent death."

Render preview:

Heral of Autumn (Herald of the Weave recolour)
  • Herald of Autumn
    “Tirsyth, the Ashenhall, is a High Realm of Athel Loren encased in eternal autumn. Elves who live there revere life’s end as fervently as they do its start, erecting moonstone statues of the departed to remember and honour their deceased kin.”

Render preview:

The Empire:

Blessed Armour of the Blazing Sun (Livery of the Blazing Sun recolour)
  • Blessed Plate and Helm of the Blazing Sun
    “To accomplish any task – to defeat any foe, all that is needed is a keen eye, a sharp mind and the favour of the Goddess.”

Render preview:

Sunset Bonnet - recolour set
  • Sunset Bonnet - recolour set
    “Remnant of a Stirland, Nuln, Reikwald and Middenland uniform, sported by a huntsman whose flamboyance outweigh his stealth.”

Render preview:

• Horn of Kurnous - recolour set
    “Antlered hood, symbolising dedication to Kurnous, God of the Hunt. Seldom worn by elf-maids.”

Render preview:

Bretonnia:

Grail Knight's Helm - recolour set
  • Grail Knight’s Helm - recolour set
    “A knight’s headpiece, as stalwart and true as he who dons it.”

Render preview:

Latest Shipment:

• Blade of the Forgotten Knight
    “How and why exactly did this blade end up inside the vault of Eanith manor will forever remain a mystery. The Loremaster will surely never tell.”

Render preview:

Needless to say I have never done anything like this this before, so any feedback, tips, advice, coments etc are indeed encouraged and welcomed!

… and yes, more variants are coming.
ny1

40 Likes

Really nice work there! I hope we get something like this in the game. Really, I’d kind of expect a “skin painter” option in almost any Warhammer game, given how much of a thing this is for the tabletop!

7 Likes

Shame on you FS!

3 Likes

New shipment just arrived to Altdorf’s harbour. Please visit the armoury to take a closer look.

17 Likes

Too bad you didn’t pick this one :joy:

That would’ve really, you know, rocked.

Don’t worry, I’ll make that variant as well :grin:

3 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree with you on this i think every weapon should have more illusions and like you’ve illustrated more shield variations.

At the very least weapons should have their weapon illusions filled out if there are already preexisting skins they can slot in.

Ex: all the dual hammer skins can use just a double pair skin of each base hammer illusion already in the game. Same thing goes with tuskgor spear skins and tuskgor spear and shield skins they can use each others new spear illusions.

1 Like

Did they solve the issue with player inventory size limitation? Other than that, I am not sure what could be preventing them from adding more skins. Heck I’d even give them my original vector files so that they can modify the patterns to their liking.

3 Likes

Please, do not tell Prince Imrik I have these…

As always, feel free to take look.

13 Likes

This one is quite rare, take good care of it and it shall protect you even against the greatest of Darkness.

Also… it came to my attention that some visitors voiced their concerns about having an open flame source in close proximity to the ammo supply crate. Even though the gunpower in question was Dwarven made - and therefore inert - I made arrangements for it to be disposed of.

15 Likes

I was waiting for this one actually, i like that the green gets a bit lighter at the bottom

1 Like

Carry these with respect they deserve.

15 Likes

It would appear a word got out to… a less desirable populus about my establishment in Altdorf. To my utmost disappointment, they indeed decided to pay the armoury a visit. Quite surprising, given how feeble-minded and superstitious most of them are.

As to be expected, it did not take long and the rubble began complaining about the lack of, as they put it: “A proper Imperial inventory” whatever that is supposed to mean. I honestly could not care less about what these people say, but then I realized there are several crates of so-called shields in the vault… remains of an old trade agreement from what I can remember. Needles to say the diplomatic connections and established contacts which came with said agreement vastly exeeded the value of this crude craftsmanship.

Nevertheless, if it frees up the space and clears out the smell, I can put it on display… hopefully it shall not dissuade my ordinary customers from coming back…

Visit the armoury to take a closer look… if you have to…

13 Likes

Wowaweewa is a very nice

1 Like

I hope those aren’t the same ones which were brought into the town only a couple of days after 2 certain Nuln regiments vanished at… Was it beggar’s bridge? Can’t quite recall…

No, it can’t be. They looked very unused, and must have lain about in some abandoned warehouse with all the branches, twigs and leaves that covered them and whatnot. That you’d even consider buying them? Must’ve gotten them dirt cheap.

4 Likes

Pogger’s Bridge. Don’t thank.

2 Likes

Intriguing design…

12 Likes

Bull of Ostland!

1 Like

My deepests of apologies to those, who were expecting a new shipment of shields from Eanith manor.

During my last visit to the Armoury a few days ago, I was in a particular contemplative state of mind. Most of the tiem I spent at the windows, pondering about the most important of topics. I shall not overburden your minds with more detail, but please, rest assured the next shipment will arrive when it is due.

Until then…

10 Likes

There are a lot of people wondering why smth isn’t in the game - that’s so easy to add. But you are one who really proved your point. How long does it take to make one of these?

1 Like