Let's Talk About.... expected DLC content

Hmm…
I’ve no idea what I could expect to get for a different price, so let’s just say, for 9-10€, I’d expect :

-3 new maps with a Lord finale.
-New cosmetics linked with the DLC theme, so 1-3 skins for careers related to the DLC plot, red weapon skin, frames and hat, etc…
-New achievements

On other update not DLC, improvement to Illusion system, new weapons and career (according they don’t want to split the community), Keep customization (could be updated with other DLC, but start as a free update), lorebook with rewards…
I don’t wish new characters cause the amount of work it demand would, I fear, put FS in a bad state while they work on it.

Oh and definitively VT1 maps, but even tho I’d pay for it, I’ll be far better to offer it to owner of VT1. And it’d add some cosmetics (a red moon inn Keep :3)

1 Like

Another tier of weapon rarity higher than red. These roll with higher values than current reds, i.e.: 7% crit chance/ AS, 15 or 20% damage vs, etc…

Trying to make Legend like veteran? That would make the game extremely easy. You can already hit breakpoints with the current gear to 1 shot SV and all specials.

3 Likes

Rather than another tier of weapons, I would probably prefer more variety on the traits. Make weapons a little more customisable based on your preferred playstyle, rather than more powerful.

2 Likes

I’d say 3 new maps per DLC would be great. But the game also need someting to keep the players interested. You can add 2-3 maps but even these new maps will get repetitive in a while, and, you may not see them very often when you are running QP.

This means that FS needs to add something to the game that will make the players enjoy the old maps as well (prolonging the game’s life).
Adding a new character,-or-two would be, IMO, really nice, but also super expensive and taxing to the team. They could, however, add new weapons/weapon traits and talents for each class (this would bring the much needed “fresh air” while playing the old maps).

In terms of cosmetics I’d like to see new armors for each hero and all their careers, and by this I don’t mean recolors (there are so many awesome looking armors in WH you can choose from).
They could also do something with the Keep. There’s so much potential for customisation, unlocking new rooms (you remember that cool tower that is locked?) The keeps just looks so… empty. Just take a look back at V1 where you had all the trophies for maps and dlc completion placed on the walls. Here we have nothing (and imo that one upcoming room won’t change much)

If you give me a DLC with 3 new maps+weapons+armors (not recolors) I’ll gladly pay 15-20 euros… but I want to see effort, passion and progress.

EDIT: oh, and a new difficulty option, but that’s not really a dlc thing.

EDIT2: and add new interesting orki’s challenges with cool rewards which will give us some long-term goal. Maybe bring back the lore-page colletion from V1 (I guess not everybody’s into that, but as a WH lore tryhard I’d love to see that again)… and a map… and Ulthuan…

EDIT3:
ny1

1 Like

Except the obvious like Challenges, etc…

New Enemies
Chaos in form of Nurgle, not that i despise the other Gods but it makes it easier for the Team to use assets they already have and can build upon it

• Nurglings
  • Aspiring Champions ((rare Breed, but very tough( Miniboss) One per Horde maybe))
  • Nurgle Chaos Spawn ( (tougher but weakness to Fire) Buboes and disgusting stuff all over him))
  • Chaos Warriors with Halberds, Sword/ Axe and Shield
  • Nurgle Avatar (when slayn, <nurglings come out of his Stomach aswell)

Norsca

• Skin Wolves Unarmoured, and Armored
  • Fimir Warriors

Weapons
These can be used by all Classes hopefully
Bardin

• Throwing Axes
  • One Handed Hammer Combo
  • Hammer and Axe Combo
  • Trollhammer Torpedo

Kerrillian

• Swift Shiver Shards Bow
  • Handbow Sword
  • Spear and Shield
  • Whip
  • Doomfire ( one Hand a Sword the other is shootinmg Doomfire)

Kruber

• Sabre and Pisto_l (Free Company Militia (Kruber), but maybe the shooting should be incorporated into Light attack combos aswell as Special Fire Hotkey_
  • Flamberg which is a better 2 Handed Sword but with Bleeding effect

Saltzpyre

• Double one Handed Hammer/ Priest

Sienna

• Lightning Staff
  • Conjuring Creatures as Pawns

New Maps of course

New Careers or a New Character
Well i heard Bretonnian Knight which is cool and all, but i think we have Kruber already so…

Lizardmen
They are Force of Order like alkl the other Protagonists

DPS

• Kroxigor

Tank
Temple Guard

Ranged
*Chameleon Skink

• Slaan Mage Priest
4 Likes

I think the decision they made to not split the player base by giving the actual content of the DLC (in this case the levels), to all players was a smart one. The extra content for paying players is neat, but is not that amazing considering the price. I kind of like how it works now, weekly quests with rewards from a exclusive loottable, quality of the loot could be better/more unique, but hopefully that is something they realize.

I think they should consider make the overall DLC updates bigger, but giving the paying players a lot more of convenience and access to exclusive items, be it lootboxes, challenges or cosmetics features as skins, potraits or keeps.

If for example we take a ‘big’ DLC of the first game, we have three maps that everyone can play through QP, but paying players can host. They get access to new lootboxes that contain cosmetics rewards by completing challenges and weeklies. Some challenges could reward a new item instead of just a lootbox. If they would add a new weapon, all players should be able to have it drop on the new levels, but paying costumers get a blue print when they purchase the DLC.

Gameplay enhancing features like lorebook, new enemies, weapons and more should not be locked behind a paywall, but be added to add value to the overall game. Something like a career/class could be behind a paywall, but that is more my opinion.

A ideal DLC for which I would pay 15 euro or some more would be more like a map expansion than a specific area we visit.

• have 5-ish maps, with a boss battle.

• Add a new enemy faction, where the new map is their hometurf, like their chapter.

• Have these enemies roam around the older maps, adding a lot of value to the overall game

• Give paying players the obvious like new lootboxes and such, but also give them unique challenges for cool items. If for example beastmen would be added, having beat all the levels on legend with a certain career would reward that career with the skull of a beastmen as a cosmetic helmet.

1 Like

ok - great replies!

@Licious-D when you say MEANINFUL - what do you mean? What makes the outfits meaninful

@ImKingFlippyNips And for you, what makes Quality Content?

@ballbats @SmokerT69 do you mean 1 new weapon full stop? Or one weapon for each character?

I happen to agree with @Yzneftamz in that my expectations are quite low. 2 maps, a bunch of recolours and possibly a new weapon for one character. I suppose a lot of what we have here is a bit more of a wishlist than realistic expectations.

A mechanic that makes you revisit older maps with new eyes would be really clever.

In what way do you see this being implemented? Something similar to say Fort Battenberg where the level has a small sections where the path can diverge between a few routes or something a little more drastic like exploring the same map before and after being completely ruined by chaos?

My apologies, I should have made that more clear: No simple recolours or lame redesigns like just adding a feather to a hat.

1 Like

What I Expect:

• 1-3 maps
  • One hat per career
  • One recolored skin per career
  • One illusion per weapon glowing like the strength potion

What I Want:

New maps, hats, weapons and careers would be great but aren’t that high on my personal priority list.

in VT1 they redid the wizards tower for the hidden DLC for the Arrogance Lost update. They added a switch, and new item ( statue) and some more FX for the portal to the Trial of the Foolhardy

This meant a load of people went back and played the wizards tower a lot.

Adding an optional lever to Festering Grounds that triggered 3 pedestals within the swamp that needed 3 statues placed there to give an additional bonus dice per statue, would be quite minimal effort (no new map or anything) for increased replay value. Randomising the spawning of the trigger-lever would mean people couldn’t just run the new map layout for the dice.

Making players backtrack on the Athel map to correct a toppled waystone could mean the final area 2 of the 3 circles would be lined up when you arrived.

These kind of things could make the maps less repetitive and more engaging in QP.

1 Like

+1

Could be in the works: steam/reddit

1 Like

A lot of good ideas in here!

I would like 2 to 3 new maps per DLC.

Like someone else said, if they fleshed out the story a bit more that would be cool.
Still, the Bogen maps have some decent story but it does require the player to do some research/be a bit of WH nerd to start.

New armors…one for each career. Not reskins recolors, but new design. I can see this being quite a bit of work though.

Possibly one new weapon per hero? Could be split up into multiple DLC’s.
Would have to be something in place that doesnt lock them out for non DLC owners I suppose. Would also have to be an easier way to aquire them for the DLC owners too. That way its balanced out.

An alternative to brand new weapon types could be to introduce actual new red/vetetan items of the already existing weapon types. Not just change the “glowy bits” but new designs.
Would prefer new weapon types however.
Also not opposed to DLC reds having different glowy bit colors.

It would be really cool to add a new Lord battle.
In the same style they could add a new mini boss type that only spawns on the DLC maps.

A new enemy type per DLC that only exist on the DLC maps.

And of course hats, frames, and challenges.

I think new characters and careers is a stretch.

Slightly off topic but I like the Bogenhafen DLC quite a bit and think FS did a pretty good job.
Theres just so much more they can do and I hope the next DLC is simply amazing.

I think FS may have under estimated how big a part in the game cosmetics and such would be.
For me its gameplay first, loot second. But I understand for some people its loot first, gameplay second.

Most careers have two skins left to throwaway. So I expect 2 more dlc
Where we have been so far and where those skins come from if they aren’t really far away.

Boganhafen chests could have used a little more care before being rolled out. I don’t see the point of getting red skins unless you have a full inventory of red weapons which most don’t. and they don’t retain their color when switching weapons although that could be the mod i’m using, im not sure.

quality content would be a new class with 3 careers with a map or 2 to add onto that addition possibly with new weapons and a new boss, but i can see how this is asking a bit much but i would like to see this.

2-3 maps is what I hope for, along with some new weapons. Cosmetics I honestly don’t care much about, but I guess you have to have them nowadays. I am not really interested in new bosses, I don’t really find the boss fights to be that much fun. Just have some interesting new finales, and I’d enjoy that way more.

Other things I’d want to see as DLC would be new careers and (yes, I know unlikely) even characters. I would hope we get more enemies (even just a couple, though I’d love if they added a whole new enemy faction as the old “Dark Pact” image seemed to suggest could happen).

I’d kind of expect characters/careers to be a separate DLC from maps, and the enemies to be a FLC - wouldn’t really make any sense with enemies any other way, unless they were ONLY on a specific map (which would feel like a HUGE waste to me, since they’d create so much more replay value on old maps!).

But my ideal DLC would be 3 maps, 1-2 new weapons, around $10. I wouldn’t mind if it was a little higher for all of that, since inflation IS a thing, and there is more work going into the content for this game than the first game, I’m sure. People proooobably need to bear that in mind; the prices for things do tend to go up over time . . . Vidya game fans are just a bit spoiled in that games and DLC have tended to stay very static in price for a long time now.

Ultimately, what matters to me in a DLC is creating new experiences. New maps give more variety in gameplay. New weapons give new combos to learn and timing to master. New characters or careers do the same. New enemies gives more variation to combat encounters. I’d even love to see new items, though I doubt that’ll ever happen.

Um not sure what you mean, they don’t glow if not on a red weapon? Do they start to glow if you remove them and apply them to a red weapon?

i could have worded that better.

i changed my red van halen’s executioner sword into the blessed blade - light blue glow into purple glow. when i switch from my melee weapon into my ranged weapon the sword hangs on my back with a light blue glow instead of it’s purple glow.

Why not join the Fatshark Discord https://discord.gg/K6gyMpu