Let’s talk about mod (part 2) - Report of a mod

No surprise that most can’t read, counter fire stated very clearly only SHOOTERS can be marked, scab stalkers are STALKERS, they are there to present as an extra challenge and to make certain weapons/blessings useful & fun. To name a few: Surge staff, Terrifying barrage, Ghost + Between the eyes etc…

1 Like

Counterfire will now designate Renegade Assault enemies and refresh Volley Fire on kill

Someone said it was not working in game but just in meat grinder. But the author said it works also in missions.
So the mod refresh volley fire when it is not intented.
If it was just highlighting, I would have no problem with it.

Tbh, as I don’t want such cheating mod, I won’t test if it works in missions. I consider that, or the mod works in missions, or he had the intention that it works in them. Both are bad.

Ah yes. The bs argument.
Would you be so kind and define the word „shooter“ for me?
Any dictionary definition, or commonly used and accepted one is fine.

3 Likes

By this same argument ALL ENEMIES should be infested cuz ALL of them are Nurgle worshippers.
And there is NO SUCH thing as NOT infested Nurgle worshipper.
BS take lol …

1 Like

People probably can, it’s just a dissonance that enemies with guns who can shoot at you are not considering as shooters somehow. If only dreg and scab shooters were just named differently, without word “shooters” like scum or bastards, it wouldn’t have happend.

Quick general thoughts on this thread and what’s been said.

If this mod does indeed refresh volley fire on stalkers in mission then yeah it’s a cheat no two ways about it really. Vet is OP enough god forbid they might not have Ult up occasionally.

Health bar mod I agree is a cheat albeit a much more minor one. As much as I think it’s mega lame and counter to the atmosphere and immersion of the game I do have to begrudgingly admit the only situations it gives you much of a tangible benefit in is against Ogryn elites and it’s very minor overall. It’s an acceptably small benefit in practice so whatever, people can be lame if they want to and it won’t particularly affect me.

Yeah can’t remember who brought it up but crosshair mod is definitely cheating for guns like Hellbore IMO. Pretty clear cut and more noticeable than health bar mod but again it’s kind of a case of if you want to be lame as hell whatever doesn’t affect me much ultimately, can live with it.

All the other QoL mods like creature spawner and reroll mod I can’t really come up with a single ineligible argument that could reasonably label them as any kind of cheating. “You might not be bothered to keep reclicking the free reroll button if you didn’t have a mod to automate it and thus would have a less optimal weapon without it” is just stretching to the ends of the earth.

Blessing UI yeah I guess it does basically give you info on how blessings stack and such that you can’t access in the game. However that information is already out there in online resources, ain’t no website you can visit that will give your hellbore a crosshair in ADS, so again I don’t find any comparisons between this and the mods above I’ve listed as actual cheats in any way credible.

It’s an interesting problem that is presented with mods because there’s definitely a good amount of grey trying to decide what does and doesn’t constitute a “cheat mod”. But yeah if this one does actually let you refresh Ult with stalkers in mission it’s a pretty clear cut case to my mind and should be addressed by FS ASAP.

Edit: so I went to the mod page and read some of the discussion posts. Looks like it currently doesn’t refresh properly in game at least for some people but there is a response from the mod author saying that the refresh does work for them in mission and shows clear intent that that is what the mod is supposed to do. Even if it’s not working as intended currently yeah it should be shut down that is clearly overstepping what it was established mods are allowed to be in the blog post on modding.

I feel like if this kind of stuff isn’t dealt with swiftly by either the modding community or FS themselves it could end up having negative ramifications for Darktide modding generally.

Further edit: quickly dipping into the modding Discord it’s interesting to note that I don’t see this mod listed in their “creation showcase” which might suggest it’s made by a relative outsider. I didn’t look extensively but with a quick scan I did see this one conversation about the mod in the lounge section.

I also saw one other comment further down that was basically just “WTF that’s cheating”. So yeah take that for what you will.

5 Likes

I hope it doesn’t work… but won’t test if the author is right. He had the intention to do it. And that’s enough to see FS intervenes on this topic.

As I said:

Someone said it was not working in game but just in meat grinder. But the author said it works also in missions.
[…]
Tbh, as I don’t want such cheating mod, I won’t test if it works in missions. I consider that, or the mod works in missions, or he had the intention that it works in them. Both are bad.

1 Like

Lame as hell :slight_smile: ? Did I make the crosshair on MK2 so f-cking bad that during low light (so 90% of DT) situations you have no idea where you are TRULY aiming? No, but luckily there are modders who FIX the game better.

It is 100% a cheat by these standards since you DONT know the timing of opening salvo,
you DONT know how many stacks of surgical sight (or how the ADS crit stack you have),
you DONT know how many stacks of cruxian roulette (more crit the less ammo uhave),
you DONT know you just lost all your wrath or shred stacks since you didnt attack in the arbitrary time period you need to attack to keep the stacks
you DONT know you just hit 3+ enemies and you got that X buff
I could go on for a LONG time

(P.S. yes this hightlight mod BUGFIX is in ‘cheaty’ territory, but it exists cuz FS is inconsistent, stupid, and makes baffling decisions)

Really, you make a confusion between Player behavior and the informations we can get from mods, and Game behavior.

Read Catfish announcement. What can get you a ban is this:

A mod that gives you informations is not giving you a speed hack, a god mode, a refresh of the volley fire, don’t give more ordos, aquilas, plasteel etc.

Actually mods that give you informations are allowed by FS. Also, again, it will maybe changes the player behavior, but it is not changing the game system. You don’t do more damages, you don’t kill faster… you need to use your skill and make choices…

Or if the feat would say “dreg- and scab shooters” instead of “all shooters”.
OR even better, if FS would not arbitrarily exclude one of the three shooty men types from a feat that is clearly made to counter enemy shooty men.

1 Like

It is 100% a cheat by these standards since you DONT know the timing of opening salvo,
you DONT know how many stacks of surgical sight (or how the ADS crit stack you have),
you DONT know how many stacks of cruxian roulette (more crit the less ammo uhave),
you DONT know you just lost all your wrath or shred stacks since you didnt attack in the arbitrary time period you need to attack to keep the stacks
you DONT know you just hit 3+ enemies and you got that X buff
I could go on for a LONG time

Regarding UI stuff. That is knowledge you would have if you counter the seconds in your head.
That is knowledge you acquire while playing the game.
Opening salvo being available is no different than having your ult ready.
(Ever played No HUD VT2? that was a real pain in the ***)

Iam arguing from the principle, if
Player A knows that his shooting cadency needs to be 1 shot per 0.65 sec
Player B has no idea
If you miss that cadency even by a fraction you dont get the buff and the blessing is wasted.
But since player A always sees if its up even during the most frantic of fights, he has perma uptime for 15% power bonus. Player B has nothing.

This is more powerful than the highlight veteran bugfix since it works on all guns with this blessing, it works on ALL enemies.

Again, that is information you would know if you read it on a wiki, or played for a really long time.
UI just speeds up the learning process, as after a while, you don’t even pay attention to it and just work by muscle memory

I can hardly see how displaying information is more powerful than having an [overtuned] ult target an entire new category of enemies…

1 Like

Any number of overlays have provided crosshairs for all games, ever. There are even PC screens with a built in hardware crosshair. You’re reaching here. A lot.

Also consider that FS have decided to give what is ostensible the snipers of the game, the worst sights possible. They really truly cannot be seen in huge parts of several maps, if you are running actually correct brightness settings.

4 Likes

When it comes to determining if something is cheating or not, it is not necessarily about the outcome.
It is more about the means by which it is achieved.

3 Likes

Yesnt, since opening salvo HAS no set limit. It is different on all the guns AND it is different if you ADS or not.
Plus the timings go from 0.something seconds to over 1 second

Same goes for the hit 3 enemies to get a cleave blessing. You might have hit a enemy off screen, a UI blessing user knows that now he has 200% cleave and can charge in easily.
No UI blessing user doesnt have this knowledge.

Fair, and I agreed that the highlight bugfix is in the cheaty category. But considering the wider context it is laughable

You could go in the psycharium, take pot shots and mobs, and train your muscle memory looking at the numbers pop up.
Not too far from actually waiting for an icon to refresh :slight_smile:

Sorry… but it doesn’t make sense…

As said someone you can count in your head. Also, do you think that someone will look at that all the time? If he does, in damnation, he will kiss the floor fast.

Don’t argue just to argue please.
I quoted you what is subject to make you banned. Mods that provides informations are not in this area.
You are free to use them… or you can ignore them. Again, as I said by the past, it doesn’t hurt you. At contrary of the called fix that can permit someone to get a +25% damage that lasts a longer time than it should.

Offtopic ray of hope
It was acknowledged :slight_smile: