Kruber weapons

Remove 2 handed sword executioner sword and one handed sword, redesign one really good at the Halberds level 2 handed sword with a nice and fun to play moveset and make sword and shield little better shield and mace not needed too give us 5good choices than 8 shitty ones nobody will tell you opposite nobody will feel that the game loses content more is less in that case

Sounds like you need to lower your difficulty lol …ex sword is amazing in legendary especially on a mercenary kruber…try rerolling your weapon property for ex sword to have max swing speed with crit power

2 Likes

Hopefully we see some ARP changes in the coming updates.

My recommendation for 1H Sword would be to increase the headshot damage OR armour pen of the third attack (overhead).

Against Elites, two charged attacks into a light is the optimal combo, so making that third attack worth the build up would really change things. The two charged attacks are just for ARP before the light and don’t really do much damage and the overhead obviously feels more impactful if you land it on a head.

So i want to share my opinions here aswell, I personally hate the halberd, it looks dumb when using it, I hate the moveset and i hate the heavy attacks on it, I can see why people use it but personally, I dislike almost everything about it. So this is my list for kruber weapons

Executioner sword:You put this low but i disagree, the heavy attack is insane and is quick enough to take out things you are using the heavy attack on, Stormvermin, dead in one hit, Swinging in to hordes with the normal attack is insane if you go for heads due to the headshot damage, The wide sweeps just make it fun to swing into a horde and that is for every class, I use mercenary the most and i use it, Because one thing to know about this weapon, is you actually have to prepare it to be good, Crit chance, Attack speed, and crits increase speed by 20% make this thing insane and the heavy attacks can be done quicker too, With mercenary, you can get this thing swinging 45% quicker, which is great, Ok now on to the next weapons. Also i decided to test something and the exe sword can take out a rat ogre in 1 minute from my testing i did, feel free to test yourself whilst the halberd to 1 min and 48 seconds, and they were done with the blacksmith starting ones, I also used both my own executioner sword which got me down to 50 seconds whilst the halberd was lowered down to 1 minute and 20 seconds. Also so not to mention it can kill a chaos in less than 5 seconds as it is 3 hit kill on there heads and on body shots can kill them in 10 seconds with 7 hits being the killer whilst with the halberd it’s also 10 seconds with body shots from light attacks whilst light attack headshots take 8 seconds and heavy attack headshots for some reason took 15 seconds with the halberd. If you want to test this for yourself go for it, Once again these stats were done with the power 5 weapons. However, this weapon has one problem with is sort of the melee speeds fault but more of your teammates being hungry for kills and dont understand that when they shoot or melee a enemy, they are pushing the enemy out of your swing distance, so this very prominent when trying to heavy attack a storm vermin but then your sienna for instance really wants that damage, so they constantly shoot them away and making them live longer than they should be.

2 handed hammer:Great crowd control, enough said about it

Mace: The mace is just good, quick, good against armour and good at crowd control.

Mace and shield:Basically the mace but less effective with damage but great at hordes and shielding yourself,

Halberd: Now here is the shocking one, I personally hate the swing pattern and i dislike everything about it compared to the weapons above, It’s still great but for me, i just dislike it. Having to swing, block and repeat, just to get wide sweeps constantly, Just feels awful to do when i can take the executioner and just have more fun and take out hordes quicker with headshots.

Shield and sword:It’s just here because it has the shield really

Sword: It’s just meh really, Crowd control is decent, Decent against armoured enemies and is just it’s decent and i actually prefer it over the halberd and shield and sword but i know that people will disagree completely with that.

Finally, the two handed sword, It’s just swing swing swing, Weak against armour, The cleave isn’t even that good against hordes, it’s just weird, I can see people using it but it just feels weak compared to the Exe sword.

I know people are going to disagree with this but thats my personal opinion.

Also i just want to point out that at first i disliked The executioner sword too and only used the two handed hammer but once i started playing legend all the time, This is when that sword began to shine for me.

3 Likes

I actually came in here to say that I personally disagreed with how much he put down the Exec Sword. However you said much more and way better.
I love the Exec Sword over the Halberd for the same reason. Teching with the Halberd is a bit of a drag sometimes compared to the fun of lopping off heads with the Exec Sword.
I would honestly have to say I can’t really pinpoint which is better for taking out Stormies and things of that nature. The Halberd’s double overhead technique is basically the same damage as the heavy attack of Exec sword. Halberd can crit twice possibly, Exec sword once. Both seem to have the same effect in terms of eliminating the enemy you swung at. Very similar speeds but the halberd technique might be a bit faster to get off. It’s really a cointoss and preference thing I think with the only real benefit being that the Exec is better against bosses imo.

Kruber weapons are pretty ok balance and mechanic wise so far with some exceptions…

HAMMER - ok from all standpoints versatile, good against all enemies and feels mechanically just like a huge hammer should

MACE-1 handed is a bit too good, considering the weapon is short it has a waay to long a reach, this should only be the faster version of the Shield & mace…I realy don’t understand why Fastshark has not followed this logic…1H weapons should only be the FASTER versions of their Shield paired counterparts.

TWO HANDER- while it has the best mechanics for what it does…(it’s simple and intuitive) it needs more variation…after the light left right there should be a thrust…and after the heavy also…with higher armour piercing…and add a special attack for christssake…(why do we have special atack only for the rapier?) -special attack should be a MORDHAU type of blow…where kruber grabs the sword by the blade and swings down with the guard on armoured enemies heads (should only be good against armour)

EXEC SWORD…while I like this version of the indian KHANDA it’s mechanics are counterintuitive and stupid…why not just swing it lright-left vertically + rifgt-left diagonally…why interrupt your own rhythm and ad a right-right swing in the mix??? (that’s realy stupid-and something nobody would do)-same goes for elf glaive

I wouldn’t mind the slow speed if it had intuitive mechanics

HALBERD–pretty good where it tis - should be dissalowed for huntsman!!!-no need for a ranged class to be as good as it is at ranged also in melee-

it swings more like a BARDICHE but it is intuitive and well grounded in combat arts

I never played sword and shield or one handed sword (in 400 hrs) so nothing to say about them

Ranged weapons are okish…although HANDGUN needs a seriuous dmg buff

The fuk u sayin m8
The executioner sword is literally based on 18th century european executioner swords. Big heavy lump of steel made to display the decapitation of filthy plebs in public places.
Pretty much everything in The Empire is inspired by european to slav history and folklore.

1 Like

vt1 did have devastating blow trait
in vt2 the only way u can push someone is using shield or range weapon(this is why i think is range meta game)…
bc having 3-10 stormvermin stack inside each others is no fun and weapons like 2h sword, 1h sword or any low dmg weapon cant deal with it. by adding dewblow u can control some part of it.
go play 1 game in vt1 with dewblow u can kill 3-10 sv with any melee weapon (and u will not see sv charge attack :D)

Those were not used on Battlefields, Khandas were

The halberd isn’t used or represented proper so?
Does bother me enough to… matter of fact it does!

I can’t stand it when people misunderstand/misrepresent the weapon my filthy present ancestors used to slaughter those high stitched knights, aristocrats and their armies with what they would describe as honorless fights without any respect for customs.

You use it like a spear with some neat extras:

• The “axe” is actually tilted towards you to allow for slicing when you draw back your spear and trowing your victim off-balance.
  • The spike on the other side was used to penetrate armor to get to the juicy insides with the “axe” part acting as a fin to stabilize the impact of a swing or overhead strike.
  • A hock sometimes replacing the spike or parts of the “axe” to grapple stuff trowing it off-balance or to go for the feet for the extra effect.

That there were other builds used during different time periodes is of no interest to me as they were clearly inferior to the Swiss meta and desperately needed buffs.

Every single Kruber weapon is in a good place, except for the Shield and Mace. The only difference is with how much experience, practice, and general level of meleeing knowledge you need to make each of them work, since some weapons are clearly more easier to use than others, while other weapons have subtle advantages which ham-fisted people hardly every notice.

If you have 4 working well 4 not very well, then that’s where your current level of player skill is at.

Me, personally, I use the 1h sword as a standard in judging how well a player really knows how to melee in this game. If you think the 1h sword sucks, you got a LOT of work ahead of you.

2 Likes

Well since executioner swords were made to perform, executions :thinking:.

Doesnt change the fact that the executioner sword is based on executioner swords.

1 Like

this is a fresh perspective. i’ve tried very hard to make all the 1h swords work for me in the game (because i like the idea of 1h sword fighting having your other hand free) but there always seems to be a clear advantage using other weapons. elf/sienna/kruber

can you elaborate?

Lol i wanna check this guys stats

1 Like

Maining Sienna unchained I always use 1h sword. It provides an overhead that can get you a headshot and kill SV and also have some affect on CW. The dodge distance is ok and beacuse it swipes faster than the mace it means you get more chance to get crits. More crits = boost to Ult = more FIRE with less chance of going boom. I think dagger can get you in deep trouble quite quickly and the mace (although everyone likes using mace for the anti armour) is too slow in a horde and can get you to soak up a lot of chip-hits.

I use 1h mace as Kruber as it has a silly-high amount of shield/stamina and can stagger armoured enemies. Sometimes the wierd swing angle can give “ghost hits” but on the whole it is a much faster weapon and proc crits more often is always nice. Haven’t used the sword though.

I don’t play stupid pointy ears so dunno about that.

[edit] I’m gonna try 1h sword on Kruber now, and maybe even be tempted to play elf if it works out ok.

1 Like

Just played as Kruber with 1h sword as mercenary and it’s loads of fun. Crit Chance + attack speed coupled with 10% vs chaos and armoured (twice) and it rips things apart. The amount of temp healing you can get from this is just silly. You do have to be pretty darn good at dodging in hordes, but if you time a dodge with a sweep of your mouse to hit more enemies( like 2h hammer) you can proc his ability that triggers when you hit three enemies. People who main Sienna with sword should be able to swap across to this quite easily and sweeping the edge of hordes is like Slayer plays. I have got all of the damage reduction talents running though.

If you built for crit chance,using Mercs passive of crit chance and increased cleave, with swift slaying it’s almost permanently increasing attack speed and feels almost like a dagger-speed when it happens a lot. IT definitely feels like Kruber is having some kind of anger management episode. It also staggers armour so even if you can’t kill an SV then you can stop it hitting you until someone turns up and wallops it over the head with a 2h axe. @kweassa I’m sold. 1h sword is absolute unit.

1 Like

Congratulations. You just discovered the fact that mercenary kruber is actually good and can make even mediocre weapons work very well. I played 1h sword merc and it is very fun but I played it enough to know that I’m gimping myself because I can do better with pretty much anything else other than a shield weapon. And if you are not a merc 1h sword is just underwhelming.

1h sword is definitely better than its reputation, I use it occasionally on huntsman, but for my liking, it just isn’t up to speed with Kruber’s other choices for couple of reasons. While it has good mobility and satisfactory horde clear due to advantageous attack angles on the sweeps, fast attack speed and good damage on headshots, it has a quirky attack chain and sweeps on both light and heavy attacks, which is always a littel redundant. Coupled with the fact that its only armour piercing attack is on the third attack in its light attack chain and you do kinda ask yourself: Why not use the mace? Same mobility, more stamina, amazing damage, clear split between light attack sweeps and heavy attack single target AP attacks, high stagger and probably one of the best push-attacks in the game. 1h sword just falls in between 1h mace and 2h sword and is simply outperformed by either of those in their respective regards. 1h sword is a bit easier to get your paced strikes going with the heavy sweeps due to the angle than 2h sword, though. But 2h sword generally lacks reach to be truly amazing on merc.

1 Like

the exe sword is the most skill/reward based weapon. If you know how to use it, it is at least on par with the halberd.

1 Like

On Merc, I’d say it’s definitely superior in a way. With the right specs, you are essentially invulnerable. Merc Kruber’s horde clearing with proper xsword is on par with Slayer.