KNOWN ISSUE: Game Does Not Close Properly

+1 -ing this.

After a safe close or hard crash, steam will not see darkside as closed/shut down.

Workaround doesnā€™t work, steam still says the game is running after closing (task manager or exiting game) and then using the stop function via steam just makes it forever ā€˜stoppingā€™ till I force close steam.

Issue Description:
Everytime after I quit Darktide, it will be stuck in a forever playing/stopping loop but never actually stops.
Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

1. Play Game
  2. Quit Game
  3. Get stuck gg

Mission Name (If Applicable):

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
[Steam ID/Steam Profile URL/GamerTag]

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
Starting from the Dec 1st update

Reproduction Rate:
100%

Upload Supporting Evidence:

Upload Console Log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ā€˜OKā€™
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide\console_logs
  4. Locate the console log that corresponds with the session in which the issue occurred, by looking at the timestamps in the log names
  5. Upload here

Upload darktide_launcher.log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ā€˜OKā€™
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide
  4. Locate the darktide_launcher.log in this directory
  5. Upload here

Iā€™m also having this issue. Only work around is to exit steam and wait to force the game closed.

Same here. The thing is that there is no .exe in the Task Manager. There is no other way to close the game but to close down steam.

This has started happening to me the past couple of days. Iā€™m crashing multiple times in a mission and occasionally steam will lock like this, thinking the game is still running and now allowing me to open again.

The game is not running at all, there is no task in Task Manager to close. I can only fix it by restarting Steam. Doing so however will prevent you from reconnecting to your game so itā€™s a lot of wasted time and effort for nothing.

1 Like

What is going on with this bug? it comes and goes, its fixed for a few days, then breaks again for a few days.

Been having this issue since a few days after the launch (maybe after the first patch or so). Wasnā€™t happening during the beta.

I have this issue every single time i try to play the game to the point its daunting to even think about starting up Darktide because I must fully reset Steam every time I quit or it crashes because Darktide is ghosted in the task manager and is attached to the Steam executable instead.

A little optimistic but seems like the latest patch fixed it? A couple of times Iā€™ve closed seems to actually close the game without needing to restart steam. In case anybody else noticed?

Also experiencing this issue randomly.
Thereā€™s no variable thatā€™s always the same.
Win 10 Pro 64bit - 16gb ddr4 3200 - i7 7700 @ 3.6ghz (Kaby Lake)
Rog Strix Z390-H (LGA1151)
RTX 2070 FTW3
AData SX8200 / Adata SX6000 SSD

No signs of saturated memory use on GPU or RAM.
No signs of CPU issues at time of hangup either.
This seems to be a comms issue between the game and Steam, or how it communicates with steam.

Dudeā€¦ itā€™s 2023 now and it still isnā€™t closing on exit. Plan on fixing this ever? Or are you waiting until Steam says iā€™ve played it 1000 hours?

On top of this, if I close and reoppen steam, the game doesnā€™t give me the option to rejoin the lobby.

Hi, started having this issue with the patch 1.0.25. The game consistently doesnā€™t close properly when exiting, but when it crashes it doesnā€™t have this issue. Thanks!

I see this is STILL happening, thanks FartShart. Please invest your money you got from Tencent into decent coders.

Since the latest updates, after the game crashed itā€™s now happening constantly, requiring a steam restart on every exit. Iā€™ve re-installed the game and no luck. So Iā€™ll have to collect the data above and log the issue.

Issue Description:
Everytime after I quit Darktide, it will be stuck in a forever playing/stopping loop but never actually stops.

Update: Another issue Iā€™ve noticed is that my orgryn forever states it has a cosmetic unchecked.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Launch Game
  2. Quit Game
  3. Get stuck gg

Mission Name (If Applicable): NA

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
whozshahin

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
Approx from 20th April - continuous

Reproduction Rate:
100%

Upload Supporting Evidence:

console-2023-05-04-18.37.49-1646e966-fd3c-4018-8af8-65b96f5ae61d.log (83.9 KB)
console-2023-05-04-18.51.24-b47dbfac-eb65-44a1-946f-5fbfb67f463d.log (80.5 KB)
darktide_launcher.log (865.2 KB)

Itā€™s back for me now too since the last patch. Itā€™s incredibly annoying since thereā€™s no process to close - I have to shut down steam and restart it.

Iā€™m sure FS did something to fix the error but again after the last patch the issue is plaguing me again.

After the last patch Darktide doesnā€™t stop running (again) when I exit the game. Stopping through device manager does nothing as it doesnā€™t show up there. Steam just shows the game ā€œStoppingā€ forever. The only way to stop the game is to exit out of Steam. When will this be fixed? I have already tried all the normal stuff for this type of thing. Only exiting Steam works.