KNOWN ISSUE: Crashing at Random Due to GPU-Related Errors

Nope, no Razer products here…

Also no other software installed regarding external or internal products like RGB software or peripheral-control apps except LG-GHUB

Just havent played since release and now it magically works, nothing changed in my setup though

Amongst all this the other night, I had two BSODs, which have been happening fairly often since upgrading my computer, but have also been happening outside of playing Darktide. However, after opening command prompt and running “sfc/scannow”, not only has my computer not crashed but DARKTIDE HASN’T EITHER!!! Not once. Played like eight games tonight. Try it. It took Windows like 30 seconds to repair the corrupt files. Ezpz.

Maybe I am doing something wrong here but is it true that the latest hotfix enabled them again?

At least mine are activated again, and I did also notice some small performance after the portraits came back ( but thank the emperor, and the dev team, no crashes )

Can we please get a portraits disabled mode? After your last hotfix, I have been crashing almost every map. With portraits off, I never crash.

Same here. :frowning: If stable AMD/RTX means forever sacrificing portraits, so be it. We’re not looking at portraits in the middle of combat anyway. Just the information about our team.

GUID: b58c8e34-50ea-4e2a-8c6a-7ab5e904bb68
Log File:
Info Type:

console-2023-04-26-14.35.53-b58c8e34-50ea-4e2a-8c6a-7ab5e904bb68.log (925.8 KB)

darktide_launcher.log (298.3 KB)
crash_dump-2023-04-26-14.35.53-b58c8e34-50ea-4e2a-8c6a-7ab5e904bb68.dmp (814.1 KB)

Steps to reproduce:
Log in. Sometimes it crashes immediately after moving one step in the mission hub.
Play as Psyker, Veteran, Ogryn, Zealot. Run around in the missions. Sometimes it goes fine, other times it crashes. Seems to freeze and crash mostly directly at mission start. No other tell.
Reboot PC. Log back in. Risk it happening again.
Mostly seems to happen when the map gets loaded in right at the start, shortly after spawning.
Does not happen in the build with no portraits. Will happily sacrifice portraits for stability

Platform
Steam

Player ID
Ithiliriana
Steam ID: 76561198012892235

Approx. Time of Issue & timezone
Random. CET.

Reproduction rate
Random. Happens with mods enabled and without mods enabled. (Happened all the time before experimental guild. Made me consider asking for a refund with it crashing every time but loved the game too much.) Problem only seems to happen with RTX enabled. No crashes without. (But it looks so good with RTX)

Seems to come back with every patch. Does the experimental build not get updated with patches?

3 days and no portrait patch. Awesome.

1 Like

Now a week. Some communication on this would be really appreciated.

Remove portraits please, or give us an option to turn em off. The game is lagging like hell with them on

A new experimental build has been deployed which disables portraits again, and also fixes the stutters. (unrelated to portraits). A feature to disable portraits properly in the main game was planned for this patch, but was unfortunately last minute delayed due to unforseen consequences.

1 Like

So this is the reason my finally stable darktide config suddenly turned into the hot mess stuttering that was reminiscient of the beta and launch? It was like playing a whole different game after the recent update with performance issues, good to know though thanks

Never had an issue playing this game until latest patch and now I can’t play a single mission because I get kicked to desktop every time I try and load into one. Tried every ‘fix’ I can find suggested anywhere and none of them seem to be working…

post the guid that’s being printed by our crash popup and we might be able to help you

@Triz: Just checking, you have turned off your mods, right?

GUID: afdec5c6-9e6d-426a-be24-d7cbdb445e67
Log File:
Info Type:

GUID: 370845f8-6b2a-48e9-b82f-723a0a42d3ef
Log File:
Info Type:

GUID: d5b4f34a-897d-4f45-9480-db4c06adc9e3
Log File:
Info Type:

Issue Description:

Crash Report (If Applicable):
GUID: 0426fe04-5553-47c5-bc35-454760f4e415
Log File:
Info Type:

Error Displayed (If Applicable):

Steps to Reproduce:

Mission Name (If Applicable): Any

Platform:
[Steam]

Player ID:

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
crash_dump-2023-05-04-23.42.50-0426fe04-5553-47c5-bc35-454760f4e415.dmp (1.5 MB)

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

Upload Console Log & darktide_launcher.log:
[Instructions: How To Provide a Crash Report, Console Log, or darktide_launcher.log]

Recent fix stopped stutters due to shader error, but throughout I get crashes that lock up my computer, generate no crash dump, and force me to physically remove power from my PC to restart. I tried the experimental build but it still happens, its random. Sometimes ill get 90% through a mission, sometimes as soon as I load in from the dropship. This did not start happening until the Penants and Garbs patch.

1 Like

Issue Description:
Game Crashes during a misson, randomly

Steps to Reproduce:

Launch a mission ,Any Graphical settings.

Mission Name (If Applicable):#

ANY

Platform:
[Steam/Microsoft Store]

Microsoft Store

Player ID:
Reaper107

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:

Any

Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%) - Unusual (<25%) - Common (<50%) - Often (<75%) - Constant (100%)

— 100%

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

GUID: f03ab051-bf0d-4fd2-bc75-c8f69cb4fd56
Log File:
Info Type:

darktide_launcher.log (101.9 KB)
d56

Upload Console Log & darktide_launcher.log:
[Instructions: How To Provide a Crash Report, Console Log, or darktide_launcher.log]